JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What are members interest?

• 1 day of Pistol

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • 1 day of Rifle

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 1 day Pistol/Rifle combo

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2 day = 1 day each of Pistol - Rifle

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Weekend

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Mid-Week

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
It has been hinted in a couple threads about Cerberus Training Group putting on a NW Firearms members training day, or days.

I have talked to Joey, head cheese of this here forum and it has his blessing.

This thread is to gauge interest and to see what members want, and what possible dates;

1 day of Pistol
1 day of Rifle
1 day Pistol/Rifle combo
2 day = 1 day each of Pistol - Rifle

It will be at a reduced cost of 100.00 per day, and will need paid commitments to make this happen as there is overhead costs to cover...mostly that being other instructors on site. I have a firm belief of a good student to instructor ratio of 5/1 so all students get what they came and paid for.

Camping is available with tents and RV's, just no hook ups. Someone can coordinate a group BBQ as well if wanted, as there are some pits available.

If you are genuinely interested, please vote and respond with possible dates.

I voted a 2 day course, end of July or first part of August would be cool, like July 28/29 or August 4/5th.

Second pick for me would be the 1 day pistol course around the same dates..

I've had folks come to my rifle classes with AR's, AK's, Mini 14's, 30 Carbines, and one guy with a Garand...all are welcome...revolvers are as well...bring some kind of speed loader for it.

I've had folks come to my rifle classes with AR's, AK's, Mini 14's, 30 Carbines, and one guy with a Garand...all are welcome...revolvers are as well...bring some kind of speed loader for it.

That free class you put on for NWFA members back in 2008-2009, remember that guy who brought a Mosin 91/30 or something? :s0114:

I voted for two days, I have zero actual training, and have been looking to do a bit. Pretty open on dates too at the moment.

I also love to drive my van around and camp in it.

I voted rifle since it is the skill I am most lacking.

End of July or beginning of August for me too.

A 1 day course is better for me, it is hard to ditch doggers all weekend.

Will you consider letting the 1 day rifle/pistol people fill in gaps in the 2 day class? I.e. let 2 people share the spot of 1 person going for both days?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR