JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I drop off an M1A rifle to this shop over a year and a half ago now for a rebarrel. I keep checking up (maybe, every other month or so) on the status. and it was always the fault of COVID delaying the work and delaying the special tools he needed to purchase to do the job. I was very patient, and now it appears too patient. The business is closed and I have not idea how to recover my rifle. I'm out about $2600. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it now.... .

M1a.jpg

I drop off an M1A rifle to this shop over a year and a half ago now for a rebarrel. I keep checking up (maybe, every other month or so) on the status. and it was always the fault of COVID delaying the work and delaying the special tools he needed to purchase to do the job. I was very patient, and now it appears too patient. The business is closed and I have not idea how to recover my rifle. I'm out about $2600. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it now.... .

View attachment 1071356

I'd talk to the police first. Then a lawyer.

Sorry to here that. I too had a rifle there for repair. Found out by accident they were leaving town.
A hassle getting my rifle back days before they left for Montana. Owner is full of excuses and BS.
Good luck hope you can get your rifle back.

Sorry to here that. I too had a rifle there for repair. Found out by accident they were leaving town.
A hassle getting my rifle back days before they left for Montana. Owner is full of excuses and BS.
Good luck hope you can get your rifle back.
Sounds like the ATF may be interested in his activity.

Take your receipt for the rifle to a lawyer and begin legal proceedings…. Perhaps you'll get something from their asset liquidation.
As others have said, talk with the police, file a police report of the incident. That'll give you a case number, then off to an attorney. Perhaps a demand return of property letter from the attorney, or legal actions if they're not responsive.

Good luck on getting your rifle returned or compensated for it.

Jon Bush, FFL licence 9-91-011-01-9J-05442. License does not appear to be transferred to another address. 5601 E 18th St Ste 105, Vantucky WA 98661. I saw your Yelp review.

If you can find a way to contact him, either through here (they were sponsored vendors and did the NWFA lower engraving) or elsewhere, I would suggest trying that first.

He doesn't appear to respond well to crazy though, based on the reviews. So if you can keep it professional, you might end up with less hassle, stress, and time wasted. Claims court will still be there if you need to take it up further. Just my advice, though. I don't have a dog in either fight.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads