JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sorry to hear about the crap this guy is putting you through. Like others have said, file a police report as it is now considered a stolen item and than seek legal advice. Additionally, do try every avenue of communication possible - forums, email, etc. to 'work' with this thief on having your item returned.

A similar situation happened to me and a bunch of others with an FFL out of Shoreline, WA. He just up and shut down one day and blamed his 'business partner" (wife) for taking every $ and leaving him. Also said some bubblegum about her being suicidal and took their kid, blah blah. Meanwhile, he had a bunch of customer cans (thru Silencer Shop) waiting for their stamps, including ones that had already been cleared by AFT. He 'claimed' while he was on 'deployment' some crashed into in mail box and all the mail was lost…whatever.

There's a ton of drama on a few boards where he would communicate , make a million excuses including using his service status and than disappear. Basically he was not honoring his financial obligations - took money for products sold and refusing to deliver them.

Long story short, I was lucky enough to be able to get my 2 cans almost 2 years after the initial purchase through another FFL that was in limited contact to the original FFL.

Ever since that screwed up experience, I've stopped using kitchen FFLs for NFA items or any items period. I know this happens with store front ones too, but they're less likely to up and disappear. And last note, the AFT was useless with retrieving my goods but at least they sent me copies of my "lost" stamps.

The way I understand it, when you bring a firearm to a gunsmith for work, they enter it into their books but you still own the gun. If he still has it and moves, and you report it to the police, isn't he at a minimum in possession of a stolen firearm?

Looks like he's back in business. Still has a 360 number.

BUSH, JONATHON
FIT AND FINISH GUNWORKS
700 KEOGH CT SUITE 4
GREAT FALLS MT, 59404

FFL INFORMATION:
9-81-013-01-2J-03161
Type 01
Expires 9/1/2022
Phone 360-334-7200

So anyway, that $2600 would go a long way to buying your own tools and a little education.
Thanks for the input.... I've built dozens of rifles and pistols (1911, AR, AKs and Glocks) and have thousand of dollars in tooling, but after a lot of research, I determined that and M1a rechambering/rebarrel was beyond my limited YouTube knowledge. I'm trying to make a competition capable rifle, so I left that in the hands of what I thought was a high capable gunsmith.

Last Edited:
Looks like he's back in business. Still has a 360 number.

BUSH, JONATHON
FIT AND FINISH GUNWORKS
700 KEOGH CT SUITE 4
GREAT FALLS MT, 59404

FFL INFORMATION:
9-81-013-01-2J-03161
Type 01
Expires 9/1/2022
Phone 360-334-7200

Thanks for the info.

Does this look like your guy?

Wow, looks awfully young. He's getting an early start on being a crook.

This level of business ethics is unthinkable to me. I just can't imagine stealing guns from someone who brought them to your gunsmithing business.

Damn, I thought I good at searching the internet for crap. You guys are awesome...

BTW: It looks like my rifle has been located (stay tuned). Again, thanks to this group.

This groups ROCKS.

JB

You should email that reporter with what happened to you and others since she didn't do her research on these 'good' people that left WA with their customers' firearms in tow.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top