JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I searched and looked at press reports, and confirmed that SAF and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms were indeed the first to file suit, roughly 3 1/2 weeks before the NRA filed anything. And as far as I can tell, the NRA simply joined this existing lawsuit and supported it. This ruling by Judge Dixon covered all issues raised.
I am not as familiar with what went on with I-1639 as we had our own problems in Oregon with IP43 and IP.44. I didn't keep track of what went on in Washington, even though I was born and raised. There didn't seem to be as many posts about I-1639.

My question is when did SAF jump in, at the AG or SOS level? Was it before the ballot was certified? Did the NRA wait until the ballot was certified to jump in, or when they took it to the Thurston County Judge? Weeks don't tell me anything and am just curious being born in Leavenworth and raised in Kitsap county WA. Still have a lot of friends there. I also don't want to see WA or OR fall.

I am not doing this to support the NRA or denigrate SAF. In Oregon, the NRA was lockstep with the other groups, OOC, OFF, etc.

Last Edited:
I am not as familiar with what went on with I-1639 as we had our own problems in Oregon with IP43 and IP.44. I didn't keep track of what went on in Washington, even though I was born and raised. There didn't seem to be as many posts about I-1639.

My question is when did SAF jump in, at the AG or SOS level? Was it before the ballot was certified? Did the NRA wait until the ballot was certified to jump in, or when they took it to the Thurston County Judge? Weeks don't tell me anything and am just curious being born in Leavenworth and raised in Kitsap county WA. Still have a lot of friends there. I also don't want to see WA or OR fall.

I am not doing this to support the NRA or denigrate SAF. In Oregon, the NRA was lockstep with the other groups, OOC, OFF, etc.

My understanding is that SAF (and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, "CCRKBA") jumped in right when the printed signature sheets came out and the bill text was unreadable, publicly notifying the grabbers of the issue on or before June 19, 2018: Gun Groups Assert I-1639 Petitions Are Unreadable, Demand Fix - Liberty Park Press There is no way for the gun grabbers to claim they were sandbagged by this litigation, SAF told them the problem from the get-go which gave them every chance to fix it.

SAF and CCRKBA filed a lawsuit prior to the SOS certifying the measure, which the WA Supreme Court rejected on July 3, 2018: Supreme Court dismisses lawsuit against I-1639 (The WA Supreme Court said that SAF and CCRKBA did not have standing to start the lawsuit because no state actor had yet acted -- the initiative supporters are private groups and until the initiative text is accepted/rejected by the SOS, it's just a private matter over which the SC has no power.)

On July 27, 2018, the SOS certified I-1639: Gun initiative is certified for November ballot

SAF filed a lawsuit against Wyman in her official capacity as SOS on the same day she certified it, July 27, 2018: Lawsuit Challenging Validity Of I-1639 Petitions Filed In Thurston County This is the case that Judge Dixon ruled on last week and which (I believe if memory serves correctly) will be decided by the WA Supreme Court by the end of August . I'm not sure if CCRKBA was involved in this but I barely tried to find out -- maybe 5 minutes spent searching.

Last Edited:
It's all a group effort (finally) just wish there wasn't such animosity among gun owners, were in this together & some don't care & keep electing the enemy.:rolleyes:

I'm a single issue voter. If they want to take away my right to keep and bear arms, they don't get my vote.

I'm a single issue voter. If they want to take away my right to keep and bear arms, they don't get my vote.

Wish I could do that, threw-out that multi-purpose vote in 2012 haven't seen anything else on that other side worth taking a different look at. I wont say never ever lol.
In this thread, seems no matter what a person believes, I am sure everyone that got involved no matter what time had an impact on the process. Not even sure why days later, this horse is being beating to death. Obviously must matter to someone, and then it comes to mind why in the heck would bragging rights even matter in a situation like this, as everyone one won.

Wish I could do that, threw-out that multi-purpose vote in 2012 haven't seen anything else on that other side worth taking a different look at. I wont say never ever lol.
In this thread, seems no matter what a person believes, I am sure everyone that got involved no matter what time had an impact on the process. Not even sure why days later, this horse is being beating to death. Obviously must matter to someone, and then it comes to mind why in the heck would bragging rights even matter in a situation like this, as everyone one won.

This. Why do we keep talking and arguing when this was a WIN!? :rolleyes:

My understanding is that SAF (and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, "CCRKBA") jumped in right when the printed signature sheets came out and the bill text was unreadable, publicly notifying the grabbers of the issue on or before June 19, 2-18: Gun Groups Assert I-1639 Petitions Are Unreadable, Demand Fix - Liberty Park Press There is no way for the gun grabbers to claim they were sandbagged by this litigation, SAF told them the problem from the get-go which gave them every chance to fix it.

SAF and CCRKBA filed a lawsuit prior to the SOS certifying the measure, which the WA Supreme Court rejected on July 3, 2018: Supreme Court dismisses lawsuit against I-1639 (The WA Supreme Court said that SAF and CCRKBA did not have standing to start the lawsuit because no state actor had yet acted -- the initiative supporters are private groups and until the initiative text is accepted/rejected by the SOS, it's just a private matter over which the SC has no power.)

On July 27, 2018, the SOS certified I-1639: Gun initiative is certified for November ballot

SAF filed a lawsuit against Wyman in her official capacity as SOS on the same day she certified it, July 27, 2018: Lawsuit Challenging Validity Of I-1639 Petitions Filed In Thurston County This is the case that Judge Dixon ruled on last week and which (I believe if memory serves correctly) will be decided by the WA Supreme Court by the end of August . I'm not sure if CCRKBA was involved in this but I barely tried to find out -- maybe 5 minutes spent searching.
Thanks @awshoot it is getting clearer and is what my impression was.

This. Why do we keep talking and arguing when this was a WIN!? :rolleyes:
Because the Leftofascists cream their skivvies when we fight... and they keep that stirred up trying to ensure that Divided We Fall. And with gunnies being naturally suspicious sorts anyway, it doesn't take more than a handful of agents provocateur to lead a few misguided sorts astray and poison their minds into "gifts that keep on giving," so it doesn't take much to set us at each others throats...

Except the Fuddtard Kapos. F*** those guys, they're usually enthusiastic Quisling collaborators anyway.

Because the Leftofascists cream their skivvies when we fight... and they keep that stirred up trying to ensure that Divided We Fall. And with gunnies being naturally suspicious sorts anyway, it doesn't take more than a handful of agents provocateur to lead a few misguided sorts astray and poison their minds into "gifts that keep on giving," so it doesn't take much to set us at each others throats...

Except the Fuddtard Kapos. F*** those guys, they're usually enthusiastic Quisling collaborators anyway.

We do argue, but I think them counting on "Divided We Fall" is a bit short sighted.

Lots of goofballs here who's posts drive me crazy. But I'd cover any of your sixes any day of the week. And twice on Sundays.

To me, this is a brotherhood (sisters included). We will argue, we will fight. We will give each other atomic wedgies. But damn it nobody f***s with my family.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top