JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry DH, but I don't think anything here is going to be resolved to your satisfaction.
Some shares the truth in here, would the Mods really make sure they had a members back ?
Just asking since, people want more information at what cost ? You got my back ?
Hard to tell at times where the lines are drawn, not encouraged to trust people in here. Thats not required to be a member is it?

Some shares the truth in here, would the Mods really make sure they had a members back ?
Just asking since, people want more information at what cost ? You got my back ?
Hard to tell at times where the lines are drawn, not encouraged to trust people in here. Thats not required to be a member is it?

Ah, so now you question if I have your six? Thanks. :rolleyes:

Well I'm outta here for now..... there is allot of work to do, that I just can't do here.

( to be honest, not sure whom to trust, stuff has come forward in the last 24 making it unknown, hence the satisfaction note, BTW had nothing to do with this DEM REP BS)

Greetings,

Is the NRA perfect? I don't believe so...I'd like to get a call that wasn't asking for a donation. I think they send out soooo much mail/solicitations that many simply tune them out. 'Oh, the NRA asking for another donation...again...:rolleyes:'

And while we would like to have them at our beckon call for every single 2A issue that arises, they are a NATIONAL organization, with finite funds and probably dozens, if not hundreds, of legal battles going on at any given time. They may have to wait 'until the time is right' (ie budget/strategy)before devoting serious $$ to a particular cause/fight.

That being said, AFAIK, the NRA is the largest pro 2A organization, and for politicians that want votes, that counts for A LOT.

But I'd agree that the NRA, as well as the other 2A groups are behind the times in that they seem to offer very little in the way of A. community outreach and B. promoting positive images. As well as other issues...

As to A., as has been suggested before, a couple free range days/take your family/friend shooting/get a free firearms safety course-type events a year, if possible including BBQs/picnics, and the like, coupled with knowledgeable, courteous, non-intimidating, squared-away instructors and RSO's would go a long way to helping promote a positive image, especially if coupled that with good social media coverage...

As to B, well, there really needs to be this push to start turning the tide of the anti's defaming smear campaign against the NRA, making members sound akin to ISIS, baby seal clubbers, or things along those lines. A message like 'The Millions of NRA members all around you.' Hate to break it to you gun control folks, but the NRA and law-abiding gun owners are all around you...you know them, work with them, and spend time around them...the fellow that drops of your packages...the checker at the grocery store...maybe your accountant, or dentist, or the nurse that checked your blood pressure, teachers in your schools, that gold medalist Olympian you met, the veteran at the end of the block, that mom you sat next to at the little league game, the first responders that help protect the community...and many others...all good, decent, law abiding NRA members and gun owners. Fortunately, they're hardly the blood-thirsty monsters you're trying desperately to portray them to be. They're your neighbors, members of your community, friends and family...You simply may not know it because they don't bring it up as they don't want to listen to your whiney, misguided and erroneous 'holier-than-thou' opinions.

A 'Faces of the NRA' campaign highlighting positive role models in the community might go a long way...

Additionally, there really needs to be a proactive effort to get more law abiding gun owner protectionist laws, likely through the initiative process, on the books...and I-1639 might be the catalyst to get some momentum to making that a reality. Always being on the defensive, trying to fight off attacks seeking to take away your rights isn't the pathway for long term success. Eventually, little by little, increment by increment, rights will be eroded away. The boulder eventually gets worn away by the waves of the sea. If rights are to be kept, pro-active efforts are needed. Legal today, legal tomorrow, legal for future generations.

Has anyone ever tried to start one or familiar with the initiative process? One would think SAF or one of the other organizations is up to speed.

Lastly, and not necessarily limited to the NRA/SAF/etc. but there needs to be more social media involvement, which is virtually FREE. It is highly unlikely there is NO ONE on these forums that isn't proficient with Facebooks, YouTube, or whatever those platforms are...we need to get them a lot more involved.

Just my $.02 worth.

BOSS

... Has anyone ever tried to start one or familiar with the initiative process? One would think SAF or one of the other organizations is up to speed. ...

The SOS has a handbook on how to do an initiative -- it isn't rocket science -- there's even an example that indicates "Readable, full, true, and correct copy" in at least 16 point bold type (published 2017) ( :D gotta love that): https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/initiative and referenda handbook 2017 .pdf

petition.png

We'd need something like 300,000 or so signatures, at 20 per page, that is 15,000 pages, 11x17, double sided. A random online print shop says they'd charge $1059.00 to print that sort of quantity. Not bad actually. We should all get together and come up with something. The filing deadline will be in December or January, so now would be a good time to plan.

Off the top of my head, I propose an initiative that provides a free Discover Pass to anyone who buys a gun safe or locking cabinet. That's something even antis should be able to support and it doesn't actually cost the state anything at all aside from a piece of paper. Those who already have safes should also get a free pass in the first year. After that, you have to show a receipt.

Wow... I can't believe how much despair there is about a win :eek:

Its a win...its a good thing for gun owners, probably only second to Hillary having to cancel her victory party. I personally don't care who carried the ball over the goal line... I just like seeing us on the scoreboard.

Let's see if i get this right.

Accuse the NRA (and others) for doing nothing, hate them, and that's your excuse to not support them.

But if the NRA (and others) do what they're supposed to, you still hate them, and that's still your excuse to not support them.

Got it.

But I'll never be a card carrying member of this mentality, as I just sent them another check.
:s0133:

Last Edited:
Greetings,

Is the NRA perfect? I don't believe so...I'd like to get a call that wasn't asking for a donation. I think they send out soooo much mail/solicitations that many simply tune them out. 'Oh, the NRA asking for another donation...again...:rolleyes:'

And while we would like to have them at our beckon call for every single 2A issue that arises, they are a NATIONAL organization, with finite funds and probably dozens, if not hundreds, of legal battles going on at any given time. They may have to wait 'until the time is right' (ie budget/strategy)before devoting serious $$ to a particular cause/fight.

That being said, AFAIK, the NRA is the largest pro 2A organization, and for politicians that want votes, that counts for A LOT.

But I'd agree that the NRA, as well as the other 2A groups are behind the times in that they seem to offer very little in the way of A. community outreach and B. promoting positive images. As well as other issues...

As to A., as has been suggested before, a couple free range days/take your family/friend shooting/get a free firearms safety course-type events a year, if possible including BBQs/picnics, and the like, coupled with knowledgeable, courteous, non-intimidating, squared-away instructors and RSO's would go a long way to helping promote a positive image, especially if coupled that with good social media coverage...

As to B, well, there really needs to be this push to start turning the tide of the anti's defaming smear campaign against the NRA, making members sound akin to ISIS, baby seal clubbers, or things along those lines. A message like 'The Millions of NRA members all around you.' Hate to break it to you gun control folks, but the NRA and law-abiding gun owners are all around you...you know them, work with them, and spend time around them...the fellow that drops of your packages...the checker at the grocery store...maybe your accountant, or dentist, or the nurse that checked your blood pressure, teachers in your schools, that gold medalist Olympian you met, the veteran at the end of the block, that mom you sat next to at the little league game, the first responders that help protect the community...and many others...all good, decent, law abiding NRA members and gun owners. Fortunately, they're hardly the blood-thirsty monsters you're trying desperately to portray them to be. They're your neighbors, members of your community, friends and family...You simply may not know it because they don't bring it up as they don't want to listen to your whiney, misguided and erroneous 'holier-than-thou' opinions.

A 'Faces of the NRA' campaign highlighting positive role models in the community might go a long way...

Additionally, there really needs to be a proactive effort to get more law abiding gun owner protectionist laws, likely through the initiative process, on the books...and I-1639 might be the catalyst to get some momentum to making that a reality. Always being on the defensive, trying to fight off attacks seeking to take away your rights isn't the pathway for long term success. Eventually, little by little, increment by increment, rights will be eroded away. The boulder eventually gets worn away by the waves of the sea. If rights are to be kept, pro-active efforts are needed. Legal today, legal tomorrow, legal for future generations.

Has anyone ever tried to start one or familiar with the initiative process? One would think SAF or one of the other organizations is up to speed.

Lastly, and not necessarily limited to the NRA/SAF/etc. but there needs to be more social media involvement, which is virtually FREE. It is highly unlikely there is NO ONE on these forums that isn't proficient with Facebooks, YouTube, or whatever those platforms are...we need to get them a lot more involved.

Just my $.02 worth.

BOSS
As to A, the NRA ran an ad campaign years ago featuring photos and brief biographies of examples of their members. It was called "I'm the NRA", and had everything from celebrities to athletes to politicians to teenage girls. Hunters, target shooters, normal people protecting their homes and families and soldiers! Maybe, they should run a new version of it, budget permitting.

As to A, the NRA ran an ad campaign years ago featuring photos and brief biographies of examples of their members. It was called "I'm the NRA", and had everything from celebrities to athletes to politicians to teenage girls. Hunters, target shooters, normal people protecting their homes and families and soldiers! Maybe, they should run a new version of it, budget permitting.

Agreed, with those being on billboards, on the sides of transit busses and trains, and smack dab in the middle of major urban areas. And anyone caught vandalizing them gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Boss

Agreed, with those being on billboards, on the sides of transit busses and trains, and smack dab in the middle of major urban areas. And anyone caught vandalizing them gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Boss
Problem is, transit operators can and have refused ads before, and my bet is will again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top