JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes!!!!! We do need to stay vigilant, be involved and not get complacent!!
Thought I would put one from SAF....

SAF APPLAUDS THURSTON COUNTY COURT JUDGE FOR STRIKING DOWN INITIATIVE

BELLEVUE, WA – A Thurston County Superior Court judge this morning disqualified a Washington State gun control initiative because it was improperly presented to voters by not following guidelines set down in state election law.
Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, said the judge ruled properly and he is hopeful the state Supreme Court will uphold the decision. Gottlieb filed one of two lawsuits against Initiative 1639 as a private citizen and Washington State voter. A second similar lawsuit was filed by the National Rifle Association and Spokane resident Robin Ball. The ruling also applies to that lawsuit.
The gun control initiative was sponsored by Seattle-based Alliance for Gun Responsibility, which spent more than $3 million to pay for the signature gathering effort.
"A few billionaires donated millions of dollars to buy the signatures to get this fraudulent initiative on the ballot," Gottlieb observed. "But they couldn't buy the Court."
Under the initiative, young adults age 18-20 would be prohibited from exercising their Second Amendment rights to buy semi-automatic modern sporting rifles. The measure also would classify popular .22-caliber rimfire semi-auto rifles as "assault weapons," and there would be a $25 fee to do registration paperwork, which opponents consider a tax on the exercise of a constitutional right.
The main problem with the initiative as printed on the back of each petition sheet was that it did not contain underlines showing proposed new additions to state gun law, nor were there strike-throughs showing what parts of existing law would be removed. As a result, plaintiffs argued, people who signed the petitions could not possibly know what the initiative would do.
"The initiative process has no place for deceit and deception," Gottlieb said. "The so-called Alliance for Gun Responsibility acted totally irresponsible in circulating this initiative to the voters and it not only cost them millions of wasted dollars but their credibility as well."

Court Rules Against WA Gun Control Initiative

A Thurston County Superior Court judge has issued a writ of mandamus against a Washington State gun control initiative because it was improperly presented to voters by not following guidelines set down in state election law.

Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, said Judge James Dixon ruled properly and he is hopeful the state Supreme Court will uphold the decision.

Court Rules Against WA Gun Control Initiative - Liberty Park Press

Sooo.....maybe the NRA bashing around here could calm down now? The next person that says the NRA doesn't do anything for gun owners will get a hyperlink posted back to this thread!

Sooo.....maybe the NRA bashing around here could calm down now? The next person that says the NRA doesn't do anything for gun owners will get a hyperlink posted back to this thread!

just not in Oregon:eek: :D

I wish NRA would jump in and help Young in Hawaii with the ongoing open carry lawsuit. The state is going to use tax dollars to hire an out of state dream team of lawyers to appeal when they lost the recent ruling. They decided the already-paid-for-with-tax-dollars state lawyers were not good enough. Young has been paying for that suit himself for the last 7 years.

Congrats to washington on this win

I donated as much as I could afford this year, and Ill be donating more.

Same here. I was going to buy new scope, instead, I split the money that had been put aside for it, between the NRA and the 2AF. I'd rather it go to them, than having to pay for registering my semi-auto rifles with the state.

Ray
Edited for spelling and punctuation.

Last Edited:
I'm hoping that people come to there F'ing senses and vote the problem children out of office!
Would be nice but the level of acceptance is what we will be battling, too many want a fight that is easy so would rather stand in the wings and let others take lumps, but i'm ok getting lumps :) done it many times before. I pray for a shut down on the opposition this year.

Last Edited:
Yay... Another Progressive initiative sidelined, at least for now. Rest assured it'll read it's ugly head again and next time they'll be more careful to follow the letter of the law.

Time to support the organizations that are fighting the good fight, making sure they're positioned financially for future battles.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews