JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hell, if I had the budget and ran a shop, after a few years part of the Benefits Package would be having a sidearm custom built to the employee's personal spec, subject to the requirement that it be On Them at ALL times when on company property.

Bespoke 1911? Cool. Tuned Glock? Groovy. Custom Shop revolver? Whatever spins your cylinder. AR or Thompson pistol? If you're SURE you're up for carrying a ten-pound or more gun strapped to you eight hours a day five days a week...

Hell, if I had the budget and ran a shop, after a few years part of the Benefits Package would be having a sidearm custom built to the employee's personal spec, subject to the requirement that it be On Them at ALL times when on company property.

Bespoke 1911? Cool. Tuned Glock? Groovy. Custom Shop revolver? Whatever spins your cylinder. AR or Thompson pistol? If you're SURE you're up for carrying a ten-pound or more gun strapped to you eight hours a day five days a week...

Let me know when you start looking for employees:)

Lol, that's in MY dreams and the rest of the world's nightmares...

Besides, I usually prefer to run solo or skeleton-crew, and if I ever am in a business and at a scale where I'm going to be hiring the first job's already filled--IF I can find a way to torture things into an H-1B* for my gal. :)
*Note: don't particularly like the program or how it's been abused, but when it comes to friends and family I have a rule about "By Any Means Legally Available."

Something like "after five years you order but company owns, after ten you may buy it from the company, stick around for your 15-year anniversary and it's yours free and clear if you haven't bought it already."

Personally, I applaud him on several levels (as a business);
1. Simplicity of the fire arm (revolver) yet still effective for close range.
2. All equipped offices, and employee presentations, are the same device assuring equipment familiarity throughout the workplace regardless of the location.
3. Big hole. Reasonably scary to look at on the business end.
4. Good business principles when working with an eclectic group of employees; keep it simple, keep it foolproof. (as possible).

There is that dinner in Montana? That allows the waitresses to open carry and encourage customers to carry.

I think it's all in where you live and the attitude of the surrounding population.

Oh, there is one limit on my prior... if you want a six-thousand-dollar Korth, you're on your own. Most Korth owners I've read about are the kind who are in Upper Management and you wouldn't want 'em working with you anyway... LOL

Oh, there is one limit on my prior... if you want a six-thousand-dollar Korth, you're on your own. Most Korth owners I've read about are the kind who are in Upper Management and you wouldn't want 'em working with you anyway... LOL

I want a gold plated Desert Eagle, is that on the plate of options? I'd settle for a stainless one:rolleyes:

You pay for the gold-plate, the rest is covered. :D If you're SURE you're up for having a monster handcannon on your hip every day...

Gotta have some reasonable limit, right?

Was hard not to say the AR with a sling lol.

I'm big and would maybe use a drop leg holster for it or go Mexican carry all day for show... I'm paying for the gold bling and all:p

Was hard not to say the AR with a sling lol.

I'm big and would maybe use a drop leg holster for it or go Mexican carry all day for show... I'm paying for the gold bling and all:p
A nice chrome S&W Model 29 w/ 8 1/2" barrel wouldn't be too much to carry with the right holster. A gun like that pretty much says, well you know what it says. :)

A nice chrome S&W Model 29 w/ 8 1/2" barrel wouldn't be too much to carry with the right holster. A gun like that pretty much says, well you know what it says. :)
"Someone is clearly over-compensating"??:rolleyes:

I think that the publicity alone is enough to keep would-be villians at bay. Letting those who don't want to carry to keep it in their desk or locker shouldn't detract from the deterrent effect. Might even enhance it if the bad guys take time to think that they won't know where all of the guns are.

"Someone is clearly over-compensating"??:rolleyes:

I think that the publicity alone is enough to keep would-be villians at bay. Letting those who don't want to carry to keep it in their desk or locker shouldn't detract from the deterrent effect. Might even enhance it if the bad guys take time to think that they won't know where all of the guns are.
That line wasn't in the movie. ;)
I was thinking if someone's buying and they want me to wear it at work, let's have some fun with it.

This is a bit of heartening news
http://www.activistpost.com/2016/02...-to-carry-concealed-410-the-judge-pistol.html

My criticism would be: why couldn't I choose my own handgun to carry? Maybe a Judge is not the best firearm for person, either by personal preference or ergonomics, or recoil. I've never shot a Judge before, but as everyone has pondered about what is the best conceal carry gun, my preference if I was working inside a place of business and not walking around generally, is a shotgun or rifle. As Cooper said (or someone of similar skill and stature in the firearms world) a sidearm is what you use to fight your way back to your rifle (or something like that).
Anyway, that's a small criticism in face of the positive stance of having your employees be competently armed, and getting free gun out of it!:cool:

I am opposed to this as much as I am the opposite. Allowing? Good...Suggesting? Yes...Encouraging? Why not...Requiring? BS
Yes, I would agree. Requiring that people carry infringes on personal rights as much as outlawing the carrying of firearms. But in the big picture this is a great anecdote to all the antigun bubblegum.

Even if I set aside my enthusiasm for firearms - I don't see any issue with this at all. A private business owner has every right to decide what requirements they deem are necessary for continued employment. Furthermore, the employer seems to be acting in the best interests of the business and for the safety of their employees:
"After a string of violent crimes aimed at businesses in the Atlanta area, one business owner is fighting back by preparing his staff to defend themselves and discourage attempted robberies and assaults."

It's really no different than say Loomis requiring that their employees obtain a DPSST Armed certification, and then to carry at all times at work. Both are protecting something that is perceived as valuable, and by being armed discourages attempts by criminals at robbery, etc. Working for either place is not compulsory, so your rights aren't being violated. If you don't like the requirement, then simply choose not to work there.

Now if it was the government making legislation that imposed a requirement related to firearms across private industry, then that is a violation of constitutional rights.

My 2 pennies.

Even if I set aside my enthusiasm for firearms - I don't see any issue with this at all. A private business owner has every right to decide what requirements they deem are necessary for continued employment. Furthermore, the employer seems to be acting in the best interests of the business and for the safety of their employees:
"After a string of violent crimes aimed at businesses in the Atlanta area, one business owner is fighting back by preparing his staff to defend themselves and discourage attempted robberies and assaults."

It's really no different than say Loomis requiring that their employees obtain a DPSST Armed certification, and then to carry at all times at work. Both are protecting something that is perceived as valuable, and by being armed discourages attempts by criminals at robbery, etc. Working for either place is not compulsory, so your rights aren't being violated. If you don't like the requirement, then simply choose not to work there.

Now if it was the government making legislation that imposed a requirement related to firearms across private industry, then that is a violation of constitutional rights.

My 2 pennies.

That's a great counter-point. If an employer forbids firearms on their property and you don't like it (and comply), find another place to work... same goes the other way.

My 2 pennies.
Yes, that makes sense too. If you don't want to carry a gun, then you don't have to work there specifically either, or a place where that level of security and safety is mandatory.

you all are missing the real benefit here. you can write off the cost of the training, ammunitions, firearms, holsters, gun belts because it is required equipment for the job.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top