JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget to link here, when there is something organised for the cleanup :) 👍
Definitely! Wifey and I will come out. She needs some advance notice to get the day off. Last year when we did this the place wasn't near as bad as it looks like here. Your going to need a lot of help and space it looks like.

Howdy all. I sure appreciate all the work and ongoing effort it takes to keep this wonderful resource going. I have enjoyed it on many occasions. Each time I always pack out as much as we can. I'm not able to do a lot due to a disability but if there is something I can do for the group as a whole, please reach out. I take people up there a lot and it's always nice to see people exercising their rights and better yet, practicing.

Nice day at the lanes. I arrived around noon to find lanes 1-3 occupied and lane 4 open. As I was setting up, another shooter arrived to put a couple of quick magazines through a handgun before he left. I was there for a couple of hours and saw several cars drive up, turn around, and leave. Another shooter arrived as I was starting to pack up. He is a reloader and was happy to collect most of the brass in the photos below. I told him how to find info on the cleanups. I picked up a bucket of shotgun shells before I left.

All lanes were in use as I drove out. The lane had a fair amount of trash, and targets all the way up the hill. The dirt was dry, which made me happy. The fire in the lane had consumed the rubber of a tire or two.

Mostly the usual trash, shells, camp fires, and graffiti. The back of the kiosk also got tagged. I didn't get a good look at the other three lanes, but nothing jumped out at me. The kiosks were all still standing.

Lanr 4.jpg Barricade.jpg Firing Line.jpg Camp fire.jpg Road.jpg

Nice day at the lanes. I arrived around noon to find lanes 1-3 occupied and lane 4 open. As I was setting up, another shooter arrived to put a couple of quick magazines through a handgun before he left. I was there for a couple of hours and saw several cars drive up, turn around, and leave. Another shooter arrived as I was starting to pack up. He is a reloader and was happy to collect most of the brass in the photos below. I told him how to find info on the cleanups. I picked up a bucket of shotgun shells before I left.

All lanes were in use as I drove out. The lane had a fair amount of trash, and targets all the way up the hill. The dirt was dry, which made me happy. The fire in the lane had consumed the rubber of a tire or two.

Mostly the usual trash, shells, camp fires, and graffiti. The back of the kiosk also got tagged. I didn't get a good look at the other three lanes, but nothing jumped out at me. The kiosks were all still standing.

View attachment 1861692 View attachment 1861696 View attachment 1861697 View attachment 1861698 View attachment 1861700
Thanks for the report and pics! I probably won't be able to go see the lanes until the May cleanup, so it's good to see conditions in advance. It helps for developing a plan of attack.

I contacted ODF about a May cleanup. Sounds like May 25th is the best bet. ODF will be covering the disposal cost and we'll be providing the trailer and haul to the Forest Grove landfill. We need a trailer! And 30+ volunteers!

I'm still working on all the arrangements, but the biggest thing I need to nail down is a truck with a dump trailer. In the past, we've used Drew's dump trailer, but I always hate to ask him again each year. It would be nice if someone else stepped in and offered one.

I also need to know the condition of all 4 kiosk signs and the small extra signs we did at each lane (like, are they shot up and I need to order more or are we still good to go with what's there?). I know we'll be painting over the jersey barriers to cover up the graffiti and I'll bring the pressure washer to clean off the boulders of any graffiti so the rocks will look like natural rocks again. I did see the graffiti on the back side of the kiosk at lane 4, so we'll pressure wash that clean too.

Certainly will be posting the official event notice as soon as I work out a couple more details.

We'll do lunch and some shooting afterward.

More later...

Bill

hey just getting caught up here. ya my trailer is always available for a local clean up. if i cant make it out then someone else is welcome to tow it. i dont need money for diesel like mentioned earlier so everyone can donate the $10 they offered to trash no land instead.

hey just getting caught up here. ya my trailer is always available for a local clean up. if i cant make it out then someone else is welcome to tow it. i dont need money for diesel like mentioned earlier so everyone can donate the $10 they offered to trash no land instead.
We appreciate you, Sir! Thank you once again!

And yes, TNL has expenses associated with each cleanup, along with other annual licenses and insurance, so we always need some help to keep trying to save our places to shoot. (Shameless plug, I know, but you gotta seize the opportunity when it presents itself!) :D

We appreciate you, Sir! Thank you once again!

And yes, TNL has expenses associated with each cleanup, along with other annual licenses and insurance, so we always need some help to keep trying to save our places to shoot. (Shameless plug, I know, but you gotta seize the opportunity when it presents itself!) :D
Done! Added another $10 just because. Lol

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top