JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just remember to take a pic of the icicles hanging off your AR due to the ice storm tomorrow. It'll be cool, they said.
Yeah if anything I'll be melting the snow. That last trip with the rain I was having issues with heat mirage and steam coming off the front couldn't see anything. I was blasting away smoking my cans. Need to get up there for one of the cleanup meetings. Have lots of fun stuff to share with everyone.

That tree from my earlier post :(

IMG_20240222_070025205.jpg

Did anyone go up to the lanes today? I'm wondering what the snow condition is and if you think it might be clear by Friday. The roads might be okay, but what about the snow on the lanes? Is it still there? ODOT camera, at Timber Junction, looked like a lot of snow this morning.

Getting cabin fever and wanted to see conditions, check the new signs we posted and clean up a lane.

Thanks,
Bill

As of 6:18 PM, Thursday Mar 7th, it looks like snow is still covering the ground (was hoping it would warm enough to melt). The part of that, that I like, is you can't see the trash underneath the snow! I'm sure the lanes look great right now! Therefore, I'm cancelling my idea of going up there tomorrow. If I'm going to trip all the way from SW Washington, I want to make it worth while and do some cleanup. But can't clean up what you can't see! So skip it for this weekend.

The pic is from the ODOT camera on Hwy 26 at Sunset Rest Area, just a little ways West of North Fork Wolf Creek Rd.

Next opportunity for me to go up won't be till May. Perhaps we'll make that a big group cleanup day! I'm thinking May 18th. Chime in if that's good for you.

Till then, post up some pics when you go up.

Here's the ODOT Sunset Rest Area pic...

US26 at Sunset Rest Area_pid2310.JPG

As of 6:18 PM, Thursday Mar 7th, it looks like snow is still covering the ground (was hoping it would warm enough to melt). The part of that, that I like, is you can't see the trash underneath the snow! I'm sure the lanes look great right now! Therefore, I'm cancelling my idea of going up there tomorrow. If I'm going to trip all the way from SW Washington, I want to make it worth while and do some cleanup. But can't clean up what you can't see! So skip it for this weekend.

The pic is from the ODOT camera on Hwy 26 at Sunset Rest Area, just a little ways West of North Fork Wolf Creek Rd.

Next opportunity for me to go up won't be till May. Perhaps we'll make that a big group cleanup day! I'm thinking May 18th. Chime in if that's good for you.

May 18th looks good for me for a cleanup. I hope to get up there before then too.

May 18th should work for me, we plan on being back from the east coast by then.

3/20/24 - Visited Wolf Creek shooting lane #1 this afternoon and saw firsthand what was under the snow. I couldn't believe the amount of trash we encountered. Who are these people that can leave the forest looking like this?
Most concerning was finding an endless number of live rounds all over the place - I now have this collection at home...now what?

IMG_4711.JPG IMG_4699.JPG IMG_4701.JPG IMG_4705.JPG IMG_4709.JPG

Because, in general, humans are lazy pigs :( If they can get away with being lazy, they will.

Thanks for getting some clean up done, as for the live rounds, if you reload, you can pull the bullets or someone who does might want these.

3/20/24 - Visited Wolf Creek shooting lane #1 this afternoon and saw firsthand what was under the snow. I couldn't believe the amount of trash we encountered. Who are these people that can leave the forest looking like this?
Most concerning was finding an endless number of live rounds all over the place - I now have this collection at home...now what?

View attachment 1847704 View attachment 1847705 View attachment 1847706 View attachment 1847711 View attachment 1847712
Oh man. :(:mad: Thank you so much. It's bubbleguming appalling! Before I looked at the picks I was getting ready to say that a lot of the garbage up there isn't from shooters. Well, that mess is from firearm owners all right. And firearm owners that might take their own crap home, but leave the rest.
So here's an opinion, and worth exactly your paying for it. @Cogs you ought to shut this place down, and POST IT "NO ENTRY", and post signage of just why. Easy for me to say as I don't go through the hassle of two trips through potland. This is too disheartening. It seems like you have gone through all this work to provide a place to shoot, but all it really is, is a four-lane garbage dump! I have always tended to hold fire arm owners in a little higher esteem that non-firearm owners. Clearly I have been mistaken.

Thanks for the report, pics, observations and cleanup, @yznhymr . Like you, I have no clue why some people think it's okay to leave your trash in the forest. My guess is they must live the same way at home. Arriving and seeing a lot of trash seems to invite more trash, because the attitude says your little bit more won't matter.

Can't wait for the mid May full cleanup event! Something has come up that may cause the date to change by a weekend or two. I was planning on May 18th, but that might change to the weekend before or after. April is all booked for me, so I sure hope others can do some random cleanups as they can.

I just can't see the fun of recreating in a landfill! :(

Oh man. :(:mad: Thank you so much. It's bubbleguming appalling! Before I looked at the picks I was getting ready to say that a lot of the garbage up there isn't from shooters. Well, that mess is from firearm owners all right. And firearm owners that might take their own crap home, but leave the rest.
So here's an opinion, and worth exactly your paying for it. @Cogs you ought to shut this place down, and POST IT "NO ENTRY", and post signage of just why. Easy for me to say as I don't go through the hassle of two trips through potland. This is too disheartening. It seems like you have gone through all this work to provide a place to shoot, but all it really is, is a four-lane garbage dump! I have always tended to hold fire arm owners in a little higher esteem that non-firearm owners. Clearly I have been mistaken.
I know what you mean, Mike. I feel like I'm married to this place. Perhaps I should get a divorce and someone else can marry this beast! We've created a monster!

Unfortunately if you close it, they just move to another spot. These type of people remind me of locust. Destroy an area then just move to the next. Kind of like the aliens in Independence Day.
My vote goes to entitled POS people.
And Bill can testify to this, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard "We always take out more than we bring in". Life would be good.
Shotgun people seem to be the worst in my opinion. Need a deposit on those suckers.
Sorry for the rant. Yes we are going to pick up stuff in the forest tomorrow afternoon.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top