JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like that idea! I'll come up and help mix the concrete and set the tubes. I think I have a spare piece of galvanized pipe that might work if we want a more permanent fixture.

I'll reach out to ODF and let them know we will be doing this.

PM me and maybe we can get a group together and set up a day to go and get this done at the sites.

I was thinking something like a 4X4 frame set in ground with concrete. Then some steel plates to protect the wood.
Also was thinking about having steel mounts in the ground for 2x4 and have them placed at different yards.
By the way if anybody has a range finder and want to measure all of them. At #3 I believe it was measured at 60 yards I think #4 is 100. Maybe someone has posted all of them and I'm not aware.
The top sites are 3=60 4=80.

Also. Another reason the permanent steel targets got shot down is liability.

The main thought was for folks to use part targets. So as to have a large majority of the bullets caught by the backstops. Hence the reason inground 1x2 holes were brought up. As well as possibly providing and promoting the idea and use of 1x2 targets.

Yea I was thinking about liability as well. Between than and the likely chance that it would get vandalize. Just have to keep bringing my own targets. Fence post seems to be a nice way to hang steel on the cheep. I usually just bring my 1x2 paper target stand.

IMG_0077.JPG My paper puncher.

I'll reach out to ODF and let them know we will be doing this.

PM me and maybe we can get a group together and set up a day to go and get this done at the sites.

Let me know the cost estimate for this, maybe NWFA can cover the materials.

I was there yesterday when it was getting trailered out. We were actually coming in when the sheriff was leaving. I didn't put the two together until just now.

Last Edited:
I'm glad to see that someone was able to report this. Hope it gets a message out that it is not ok to do this.

We need emergency/no emergency numbers posted and who contacts would be. I'm not from around here so wouldn't know who to call. BTW I have to go to the hwy to get a signal on my phone sometimes.

I'm glad to see that someone was able to report this. Hope it gets a message out that it is not ok to do this.

We need emergency/no emergency numbers posted and who contacts would be. I'm not from around here so wouldn't know who to call. BTW I have to go to the hwy to get a signal on my phone sometimes.

I talked to Randy and he did talk to the deputy this morning. Their response time was 90 minutes but they were still there and got cited.

He will put up phone numbers on the signs but if someone is doing something dangerous like blowing up a car with tannerite at a public range then 911 is best.

Guy on Reddit said someone blew a car up with tannerite yesterday on the top of the range. Anyone up there recently seen this? He said he reported it to the police.
WTF!

I'm lost for words.

Utter stupidity.

Is there any interest in organizing a few folks to go up and clean what we can find? Sounds like there may be some HEAVY stuff left behind from these jackwagons...

trucks and winches maybe? Id be willing to haul off whatever we can get out.

I cant believe someone thought it was ok to BLOW UP A CAR.... what the eff were they thinking?

Is there any interest in organizing a few folks to go up and clean what we can find? Sounds like there may be some HEAVY stuff left behind from these jackwagons...

trucks and winches maybe? Id be willing to haul off whatever we can get out.

I cant believe someone thought it was ok to BLOW UP A CAR.... what the eff were they thinking?

When I first saw it coming down the hill on a trailer I couldn't tell what it was - it was so mangled I thought it was a huge stump with roots until he drove past us. Judging by what was on the trailer, I doubt anything too large was left behind. Though, again, it was so mangled I could be wrong. It didn't occur to me at the time to go up to #4 and look around.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top