JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are referring to the valley that is to your right of site 4, I believe Bolus looked into it last spring/early summer and found that private timber land is in there.

That is where I was referring to. That is a shame that it may not be a legitamatey placed range. When I hiked out there there was a timber sale boundry sign on the tree next to the first target. I like the idea, but if it is not legally acceptable, I'll keep search elsewhere.

That is where I was referring to. That is a shame that it may not be a legitamatey placed range. When I hiked out there there was a timber sale boundry sign on the tree next to the first target. I like the idea, but if it is not legally acceptable, I'll keep search elsewhere.

The first 1/2 is public and the 2nd half is private (timber company). Is about 200 yards from that ridge out to the private land. I agree it would have been great if it was all public land

Google updated the satellite images and our range shows up now

Google Maps - Google Chrome_2016-11-03_19-43-41.png

Pretty cool new images:

Google Maps - Google Chrome_2016-11-03_19-48-27.png

The first 1/2 is public and the 2nd half is private (timber company). Is about 200 yards from that ridge out to the private land. I agree it would have been great if it was all public land

Google updated the satellite images and our range shows up now

View attachment 320995

Pretty cool new images:

View attachment 320996

Hey Bolus, Thanks for the info. I had a small feeling that it had to be too good to be true. That is a shame, at least the first one is just inside the boundary; I.E. hanging between the two trees left as the marking for the sale area. I guess the search continues for a legal thousand yard range in the great forests of Tillamook. ;)

I had the opportunity to go out there on Friday and I have to say it was amazing. Thank you everyone who took the time to work on the lanes and do all of the clean up.

It definitely shows a shining example of what "could be" the norm of public land outdoor shooting areas. Truly impressive.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!

Going to head out tomorrow and check it out. Haven't been there yet so I'm wondering if the road is closed with a gate. Drove by on my way to Astoria Thursday and the road I thought it was had a closed gate. Was I looking at the wrong road?

Going to head out tomorrow and check it out. Haven't been there yet so I'm wondering if the road is closed with a gate. Drove by on my way to Astoria Thursday and the road I thought it was had a closed gate. Was I looking at the wrong road?

I don't recall seeing a gate there, but don't quote me on that :)

No gate at N. Fork Wolf Creek that I know of. It it is right at the Tillamook State Forest sign on why 26. There are many closed roads with gates so I know how easy it is to confuse them. There is a nice wide pull out right before the sign as well so you have plenty of run off room before you turn right. Enjoy the lanes, hopefully it isn't too muddy up there.

Yup, it was the second right. Made it out Saturday and I was really impressed. Shot on lane 3 with a couple friends and some other folks showed up. Lanes were a little muddy, but I was really impressed! Good work guys, thank you for this. I'll be joining you on some clean and shoots for sure.

hey everyone i just had a couple newbie questions hopefully i can get some help with, I have been shooting atleast once or twice a week at my indoor range for the last few months but I really want to shoot outdoors and hopefully shoot steel. I dont have any friends in the area that shoot so i dont have a guide to help me out with my first time, is this the type of range i could bring some steel targets to set up and shoot? I really want to get out there and check it out but I would hate to get in other peoples way since i dont know the etiquette. Any tips would be helpful.

hey everyone i just had a couple newbie questions hopefully i can get some help with, I have been shooting atleast once or twice a week at my indoor range for the last few months but I really want to shoot outdoors and hopefully shoot steel. I dont have any friends in the area that shoot so i dont have a guide to help me out with my first time, is this the type of range i could bring some steel targets to set up and shoot? I really want to get out there and check it out but I would hate to get in other peoples way since i dont know the etiquette. Any tips would be helpful.

You can shoot steel just keep the target close into the berms. Otherwise regular paper targets are fine. Dont shoot anything else (cans, glass, iphones, toilets, cars). in the hot summer months avoid the steel to limit hot metal fragments that can start fires). dont shoot trees or stumps

Otherwise just use proper safety (dont point guns at others, dont shoot over targets, shoot into the berms, etc)

These 4 lanes have a small mountain as back drop so they are all pretty safe locations

also be aware of others. Many people that go out to the woods dont know the basic rules of firearm safety. I've not had any problems out there but there are no range officers policing the area.

Finally, bring a garbage bag and try to haul out any trash you might find. We've told the department of forestry that shooters from Northwest Firearms would be stewards to this location to keep it safe and clean.

Finally, bring a garbage bag and try to haul out any trash you might find. We've told the department of forestry that shooters from Northwest Firearms would be stewards to this location to keep it safe and

A leaf rake would be a good thing to bring. Last time I was out there was practically nothing....Other than a lot of shotgun hulls. We'd been mushroom hiking, meaning hardly any mushroom, but lots of hiking so we were pooped. I didn't have a rake and wasn't able to bend/pick a bunch.

You can shoot steel just keep the target close into the berms. Otherwise regular paper targets are fine. Dont shoot anything else (cans, glass, iphones, toilets, cars). in the hot summer months avoid the steel to limit hot metal fragments that can start fires). dont shoot trees or stumps

Otherwise just use proper safety (dont point guns at others, dont shoot over targets, shoot into the berms, etc)

These 4 lanes have a small mountain as back drop so they are all pretty safe locations

also be aware of others. Many people that go out to the woods dont know the basic rules of firearm safety. I've not had any problems out there but there are no range officers policing the area.

Finally, bring a garbage bag and try to haul out any trash you might find. We've told the department of forestry that shooters from Northwest Firearms would be stewards to this location to keep it safe and clean.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Good summary Bolus!

great thanks for the info extactly what i want to know. I like to think I am a very safe and courteous shooter and would deffinatley clean up any trash i saw. Is this a fairly popular spot? does it get crowded ect, what are good times to go? early am?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top