JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a heads up, someone used a shotgun and put a couple holes into the sign board a sight 2.
what do you guys expect..... you posted up a shooting place on a public forum.

if you want this place to stay clean, then DELETE this thread. give it a few more months to a year. i guarantee you it will look this this.

again, if you want the place to be clean, then delete this thread. most of us already know about the location. if this thread continues to exist, then more people will know about it

2q825hi.jpg

if you want this place to stay clean, then DELETE this thread. give it a few more months to a year. i guarantee you it will look this this.

again, if you want the place to be clean, then delete this thread. most of us already know about the location. if this thread continues to exist, then more people will know about it

View attachment 313279

Actually that was the point. We have to clean up after the dirt bags anyway. We decided to give them a dedicated location to go trash so that it is easy for us to clean and they are less likely to burn the forest down. Pulling broken glass and TV's out of shot up stumps is not fun.

The alternative is have it all get shut down (or set up snipers...)

View attachment 313279
We share it, talk about it, care for it and enjoy it, because we are stewards of public land and we take pride in our right to shoot on public land. We take ownership in our special spot. I don't think any other public land shooting place has ever gotten the kind of care and attention as Wolf Creek has. We'll keep on it and we'll keep caring for it. This thread is not going away.

Actually that was the point. We have to clean up after the dirt bags anyway. We decided to give them a dedicated location to go trash so that it is easy for us to clean and they are less likely to burn the forest down. Pulling broken glass and TV's out of shot up stumps is not fun.

The alternative is have it all get shut down (or set up snipers...)
oh ok. i gotcha

We share it, talk about it, care for it and enjoy it, because we are stewards of public land and we take pride in our right to shoot on public land. We take ownership in our special spot. I don't think any other public land shooting place has ever gotten the kind of care and attention as Wolf Creek has. We'll keep on it and we'll keep caring for it. This thread is not going away.
i used to be on calguns.net and i cant tell you how many times someone posted up a shooting place and it ended up being trashed up. some places even got shut down.

View attachment 313279[/QU

Weyeheuser gobbled up all the secret spots anyway.:mad:

i used to be on calguns.net and i cant tell you how many times someone posted up a shooting place and it ended up being trashed up. some places even got shut down.

Ahhh, but we are different. We do stuff to raise awareness and promote responsibility. Yeah, they'll still trash it, but we keep sending the message. It's a never ending battle. The best thing we have going for us is that we work with forest officials to help them manage it best. They see our involvement and appreciate what we do. I'm sure we've prevented several potential shut downs because our active involvement.

I'm new to the area found out about this location from this thread. And I have been two times now I clean up after myself and others. It's unfortunate that some people trash things but those kind of individuals are going to trash any location they go to. I came from Utah and I have watched countless miles of land get shut down because of the trash and bad behavior. But this is also mainly because there is no organization no community to clean up after a few jerks. So I feel this thread helps and is in everybody's best interest. If people don't know of a location they will just go out anywhere they can find trash it and figure oh well nobody knows or cares. I wish there were places and a sense of community like this where I'm from in UT.

I went out there twice this week for the first time, its a really nicely set up area especially for being free to the public and with its location I was able to go grouse hunting after the plinking sessions. I tried cleaning up a lot of the casings on the ground at spot #1 and 2 in addition to my own but theres a ton. I will definitely be back though and will be sure to leave with more than I head in with each time. Thanks to the members here who help keep this going.

My son-in-law and I are heading out in the morning for some pistol practice. If you come out and see a red Toyota 4x4 stop and say high and feel free to join us.

We arrived this morning between 7:30 & 8:00. The was someone already at the first short range so we stopped and setup at the second. No-one was above us yet. Today was my first time shooting steel. Finally had the opportunity to use the knockdown targets i bought at the end of summer. It was alot of fun. It wasn't long till vehicles arrived to occupy the upper 2 sites. We checked the condition of the other sites on the way out (11:00ish) and I was amazed at how clean things were. The upper 2 sites were still being used but all I saw were their targets. I did notice someone shot the sign where we were with a shotgun in 2 spots (idiots).

Would be nice to set up some permanent steel targets. Have had some ideas, But I know it's not really possible because someone would trash it.
This got brought up when we were in the design process. Ultimately got shot down, pun intended, because we figured someone somewhere would find a way to steal them.

We did discuss placing PVC tubing into the ground or concrete of some sort so as to be able to quickly utilize 1x2 posts for use of paper targets. This is still on the table.

We did discuss placing PVC tubing into the ground or concrete of some sort so as to be able to quickly utilize 1x2 posts for use of paper targets. This is still on the table.
I like that idea! I'll come up and help mix the concrete and set the tubes. I think I have a spare piece of galvanized pipe that might work if we want a more permanent fixture.

I was thinking something like a 4X4 frame set in ground with concrete. Then some steel plates to protect the wood.
Also was thinking about having steel mounts in the ground for 2x4 and have them placed at different yards.
By the way if anybody has a range finder and want to measure all of them. At #3 I believe it was measured at 60 yards I think #4 is 100. Maybe someone has posted all of them and I'm not aware.

Wood might work as long as we can lift it out of the ground and replace it. It's gonna get chewed up unless those steel plates cover the whole thing.

Maybe 2x2 square steel tube would work better?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top