JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Donate to who?
Is there a central point to donate to that keeps the money in Washington?
I donate to NRA ILA all the time but that's a national organization
Who's in Washington?

Vancouver meeting tonight. Spread the word. Learn how you can help defeat this.

1639 graphic.jpg

Any semi auto = assault rifle
21+ age limit bump
all semi autos follow worse than current handgun rules (waiting period, WA specific fee, local police approval on an ongoing forever basis)
Broke the law to get on ballot
they want to ram this through without a fight, go vote against it in November and then contiue to prepare for war because they won't stop even if they lose this battle

Missed the meeting and hope all went well. Picked up brochures and bumper stickers @Sporting Systems , thank you!

I was just at sportmans warehouse and they had some literature at the counter. I spoke with one of the sale associate concerning I-1639. I brought up how they wouldn't use the SOS literature during signature gathering and was glad they had the NRA literature for the ballot. He stated they have it there for customers but can't talk about it! Guess they don't want to put off their other customers...

Last Edited:
Isnt there some 4th ammendment issues with the invasion of our homes? Pushing the loss of privacy and protection from unannounced, unauthorized, and potentially violent intrusion into your home to then possibly areest and fine you for how you store your own property seems like something everyone can get behind, gun owner or not.

@OsterAC , we do have an expecteation of privacy in our homes! Although I would surmise that they could use this law to see what firearms you, LEGALLY, purchased. Use that has probable cause or get a warrant to search your house. Don't leave anything in open or plain view for the LE to see once they enter your home. That leads to probable cause. It will bring to light what Reasonable expectation of privacy firearm owners really have.

Greetings,

IMHO, the bumper stickers are pretty decent size and make your position quite clear...and at least while driving in traffic, more folks will probably notice something in front of them that they have to look at rather than having to turn their heads to the side while driving. In the direction of travel seems to make more sense...

I stopped by another gun shop today...more flyers and bumper stickers on the counter. Another fellow leaving with one...

Another small gun show as well, flyers on the admission table...most everyone behind the tables seemed to be a good bit more aware...not 100% fully up to speed on all the fine print, but they were getting the big picture. But I think they were not being too vocal about it as they didn't want to deter any customers (an unfortunately rock & hard place on that...hopefully they realize that if they don't start informing folks, they may not be in business much longer). One guy did say that anyone that voted Yes for it was basically unwelcome at his table ever again.

So it would seem the 'grassroots' efforts are getting some good traction...hopefully there's momentum there that just keeps building and building...

Whereas additional placarding might have some benefit, I think now the bigger push is we NEED some TV and/or radio ads on the main channels...they're out for the other two initiatives. We need to be reaching those lesser-active law-abiding gun owners who needs to see exactly how I-1639 is going to effect THEM directed. The folks not at the gun shows or on the forums. Most especially, we need to reach those 'closet' gun owners in the Puget Sound. There's probably a good bit more than a few life long WA. residents in there, from before all this recent gun control agenda, that have a 1911 or BHP in a drawer or Ruger 10/22 in the closet.

And to reach them - let them know that this will be another 'nail in the coffin' for Seattle getting its way and failing to follow/ignoring/circumventing the state's preemption laws:eek::

Seattle defines what 'safe gun storage' means under new rules

You'll note the 'fully contain' stipulation (hope folks are ready to spend a $1K+ on a big, heavy-duty safe that can't be opened by 'common tools,' whatever those are:rolleyes:o_O) as well as the civil case 'prima facia evidence' that if guns are stolen or unauthorized access, the defendant will have to prove that they were not improperly stored (prove their innocence...not the other way around).

(And Edmonds enacted similar safe storage not to long ago as well)

But back on track, to reach the largest numbers, that means TV/Radio. So, again, just my humble opinion, $$/donations is probably better spend towards those ends.

Keep Spreading.The.Word.

Boss

I stopped by English Pit this past Saturday AM for Range Therapy. BUSY by 10 AM with all rifle positions full. During a line break, I asked "who lives in WA?" Several hands went up. Then, "how many of you are aware of I-1639?" No hands raised. I then went on the explain several salient points.

An elderly gentleman teaching his (12 YO?) grandson thanked me. A few others nodded when I finished with "be sure to Vote NO on I-1639!"

When I left around 11, I noticed a line of ~12 forming to get into the Pit. PACKED. Many, many younger sportsman and women. Looked to be in their mid 20s.

However, no information posted regarding I-1639 at the Pit.

Anyone know the Pit's owner to approach about:

1) putting up a 2' x 4' banner (or larger) VOTE NO on I-1639?
2) Placing informational flyers on the sign-in table off to the side?

If someone has a banner graphic, I would donate to have one printed and placed there.

I can also have 2,500 flyers printed and placed there.

I stopped by English Pit this past Saturday AM for Range Therapy. BUSY by 10 AM with all rifle positions full. During a line break, I asked "who lives in WA?" Several hands went up. Then, "how many of you are aware of I-1639?" No hands raised. I then went on the explain several salient points.

An elderly gentleman teaching his (12 YO?) grandson thanked me. A few others nodded when I finished with "be sure to Vote NO on I-1639!"

When I left around 11, I noticed a line of ~12 forming to get into the Pit. PACKED. Many, many younger sportsman and women. Looked to be in their mid 20s.

If someone has a banner graphic, I would donate to have one printed and placed there.

I provided Randy with 500 no on 1639 cards and 2 signs last week. They either used them All or don't have them out...which seriously pisses me off. I talked to 7 people there, none knew a thing about it. Ranges and shops need to be the frontlines on information distribution.

I have the No on 1639 graphics printed on rack cards, tons of information, door hanger sized card. I'll post a link to printing them directly from Vistaprint. I've already printed 30,000 and it looks like 40,000 before the end of the week.

Last Edited:

This is not my link but from another thread thread. Washington - FREE Anti I-1639 Images

Did you know Vistaprint has 2.5' x 6' Banners? Check mine out!

I provided Randy with 500 no on 1639 cards and 2 signs last week. They either used them All or don't have them out...which seriously pisses me off. I talked to 7 people there, none knew a thing about it. Ranges and shops need to be the frontlines on information distribution.

I have the No on 1639 graphics printed on rack cards, tons of information, door hanger sized card. I'll post a link to printing them directly from Vistaprint. I've already printed 30,000 and it looks like 40,000 before the end of the week.

If you have extra I can swing by and grab them and put them here in my shop on Fourth Plain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top