JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stopped by English Pit this past Saturday AM for Range Therapy. BUSY by 10 AM with all rifle positions full. During a line break, I asked "who lives in WA?" Several hands went up. Then, "how many of you are aware of I-1639?" No hands raised. I then went on the explain several salient points.

An elderly gentleman teaching his (12 YO?) grandson thanked me. A few others nodded when I finished with "be sure to Vote NO on I-1639!"

^^:eek::oops:o_O. It baffles me how, if you're active enough to be going to rifle ranges, you're NOT aware, in some form, of 1639. Some folks need to work on their situational awareness. I hate politics...there's about 10,000 other things I'd rather spend my very finite time on. But these folks have got to be reached, have the facts/info put right in front of them, and get 'their elevator to go to the top floor.' And they need to talk to their friends who also appear to be 'out of the loop.' And THEY HAVE TO VOTE! Talking to them until you're blue in the face is meaningless if they won't actually get off the couch and cast a No! vote, and encourage their friends/family to do the same.

As an aside, having it printed out can be beneficial...there's many in denial/can't believe what is actually going on with 1639...having it printed out where they can be shown for themselves, in black & white, helps it sink in.

It been being said for some time...EVERY gun shop, range, shooting match, and sporting goods outlet needs to be getting on this bandwagon. It would be awesome if they had laptop(s) out right there with the main voter registration page front and center (Oct. 8th Deadline on that). The clock is ticking.

It sure would be nice if there was some I-1639 info sticky in other, higher traffic/activity areas here on NWF, particularly the Semi-Auto rifle forum.

And we're going to be needing some TV/Radio ads soon, so donate if you can.

Not sure if these have been posted, but the NRA has links for printing out handouts, signs and posters (bottom of page here):

Vote No Washington I-1639 | Take Action

Keep Spreading.The.Word. 50 Days!!:eek:.

Last Edited:
. It baffles me how, if you're active enough to be going to rifle ranges, you're NOT aware, in some form, of 1639.

That doesn't really surprise me at all. Some people just don't follow such things and have no clue. We also have the upper hand of this forum to help us keep informed. I would bet that a good majority of gun owners take there rights for granted and don't think they will ever go away.

If you want to purchase the flyers directly from Vistaprint...here's the link. Use discount code BIZSAVE for 40% off.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
That doesn't really surprise me at all. Some people just don't follow such things and have no clue. We also have the upper hand of this forum to help us keep informed. I would bet that a good majority of gun owners take there rights for granted and don't think they will ever go away.

It doesn't surprise me, it just baffles me.:rolleyes:

Which is why the message must be taken to them, not wait for them to come to a range/LGS/gunshow/forum to get it. That means TV/radio/social media/newspaper ads on the main channels with concise, attention grabbing messages to reach the masses of lesser active, law-abiding gun owners (and preferably not another stack of mail that many consider just another bit of 'junk' and/or solicitations and toss without ever really looking at it.)

I have no idea what a full-page or half page ad in the Seattle Times would cost, but that's probably not a bad idea as well if it could be afforded.

BOSS

It doesn't surprise me, it just baffles me.:rolleyes:

Which is why the message must be taken to them, not wait for them to come to a range/LGS/gunshow/forum to get it. That means TV/radio/social media/newspaper ads on the main channels with concise, attention grabbing messages to reach the masses of lesser active, law-abiding gun owners (and preferably not another stack of mail that many consider just another bit of 'junk' and/or solicitations and toss without ever really looking at it.)

I have no idea what a full-page or half page ad in the Seattle Times would cost, but that's probably not a bad idea as well if it could be afforded.

BOSS

News print is dead. Online is where its at. TV, definitely need to get on the major market TVs.

News print is dead. Online is where its at. TV, definitely need to get on the major market TVs.

Well, it's certainly in hospice. But according to their probably inflated numbers, the ST claims its the 4th largest circulation on the west coast, 800,000+ adults read their Sunday paper, of which 687,000+ are in King and Sno counties. So its worth considering, particularly 'if the price is right.' A big ad on Page 3 or something should get some attention and start some conversations.

There's lots of more mature gun owners who still read printed papers. I have my local paper delivered, and I'm solidly in the 'middle aged' category.

One would hope the 'pros' (NRA, SAF, SoS) have plans in the works and know how to make it happen.

Bottom line, we don't need to reach those already aware...we need to reach those who aren't.

Boss

Well, it's certainly in hospice. But according to their probably inflated numbers, the ST claims its the 4th largest circulation on the west coast, 800,000+ adults read their Sunday paper, of which 687,000+ are in King and Sno counties. So its worth considering, particularly 'if the price is right.' A big ad on Page 3 or something should get some attention and start some conversations.

There's lots of more mature gun owners who still read printed papers. I have my local paper delivered, and I'm solidly in the 'middle aged' category.

One would hope the 'pros' (NRA, SAF, SoS) have plans in the works and know how to make it happen.

Bottom line, we don't need to reach those already aware...we need to reach those who aren't.

Boss
You are spot on. We need to tech the unaware.

IMG_0818.JPG IMG_0819.JPG Got my new shooting magazine today. Came with a bumper sticker.

For those that want to help print more of the No on 1639 cards. here's a GoFundMe link to donate. We're buying at the best price level and distributing the same day we receive them. We've already spent over $2500 out of pocket, and we want to spend more...but everyone is asking how they can help. So here's the opportunity.

Click here to support Shall Not Be Infringed - Stop 1639 organized by Daniel Mitchell
It's not much, but sent what I could. Thank you guys very much for ramrodding this effort.

Dave, I have bought long guns in Eastern Washington no problem and i know Washingtonians who make big ticket cash purchases in Oregon. Do Oregon FFLs send info about long gun purchases to Washington for tax purposes?

It's up to you to pay the tax. I'm not sure how it works with the Oregon FFLs and WA Dept of Revenue. I think you pay the local sales tax applicable to your place of residence.

Like.. a video showing a 12 y/o kid shooting a Ruger 10/22 at a range and then turning around to the camera and saying this is an assault weapon under the proposed I-1639 initiative...followed by a full auto anything from an individual stating this is an assault weapon, now which do you care to believe? The I-1639 sponsors or your eyes?

Good idea...but leave the full-auto out of it. Concentrate on the rimfire and the kid, with a parent, at a range setting.
Now, you got a kid lined up who might want to do this?

Good idea...but leave the full-auto out of it. Concentrate on the rimfire and the kid, with a parent, at a range setting.
Now, you got a kid lined up who might want to do this?
I'm asking around. We have a super nice GR North of Benton City to do video.

Dave, what's your idea/thought and what to present in a video? My neighbor is on-board and supports the video idea with his 10~12 YO kids using his 10-22. We're reaching out to some others that would or can do good video so it doesn't look like a hack job from a bunch of tobacco chewing/spitting drunken red neck hillbillys..:rolleyes:

Dan

(FWIW-My original name/login has failed again. So my replies/posts are new.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd submit full-auto wouldn't be good considering the legalities in WA.

IMHO something showing a Desert Eagle 50 AE shooting (boom), a Barrett M99 Bolt 50 cal. shooting (BOOM!), a Benelli semi-shotgun shooting all good to go (boom, boom!), all Good to Go! But then a 10/22 'plink, plink'...denied...'assault rifle.'

or

A teenager (with parent) shooting scoped Ruger MkII/III .22 pistol...Good to go! And then a 10/22...'Denied, assault rifle' (Yes, its that ridiculous).

or

A parent taking a 10/22 away from a teenage son/daughter...'I know we've shooting this for years, but sorry, you won't be able to shoot or compete with this again until your 21..."

BOSS

The 'Cut-And-Paste' Problem with Initiative 1639

When the authors of Initiative 1639—the 30-page, multi-faceted gun control measure now facing Washington voters on the November ballot—defined a "semiautomatic assault rifle," they created a split among firearms owners, leaving some to believe the authors to be "gun ignorant" or just incompetent, while others think they are trying to ensnare every self-loading rifle in the state with a wide net.

The 'Cut-And-Paste' Problem with Initiative 1639 - Liberty Park Press

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads