JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can someone give me a short, a few line, summary of 1639. I know there are so many bad things in it, but just the highlights that I can communicate to people in 30 seconds or less. Thanks.

Hope this will do it, pretty cut & dry.
445604-4f3cea29b46a805c5565fab3aeb1ff69.jpg

Thank you. That is really worse than I thought!

Can WA residents still buy long guns tax free here in Oregon?

I am trying to encourage my Washington non-firearm owner relatives who think that they can "Just borrow a gun from Nick" in the event of SHTF, to come to Oregon and get one now. I am sure that Washington, like Oregon has been keeping an illegal registry of gun purchases for the past few years, but do they share data?

Any idea if across state line long gun purchase rules will change after I-1639?

Dave, I have bought long guns in Eastern Washington no problem and i know Washingtonians who make big ticket cash purchases in Oregon. Do Oregon FFLs send info about long gun purchases to Washington for tax purposes?

I'll let Dave handle that one because I've never bought guns in Oregon being a Washington resident.

Last Edited:

We never could, technically--we're *supposed* to pay a "Use Tax" on anything we bring in from out of state. Not sure if there's an exemption on things that were *used* out of state before they come in... that's one for an accountant or attorney.

Not SW WA, but if anybody's going to the Puyallup Fair, NRA has Booth #79 (just a few down from those icky Commies who brought us the damn thing in the first place, ugh) and is looking for volunteers.
Washington State Fair

I'll be there early on the 19th to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.
I will bring along 200 Vote no 1639 handouts and will also stop by the NRA booth to boot.;)

I'll be there sometime late morning-ish Monday the 10th, but since I'm accompanying my aunt to act as her heavy lifter, spotter and dirtbag-deterrer I won't be pulling a shift. I'm still contributing by spreading the word to everyone I know who will listen and asking my Redstate readers across the country who have connections here to do same...

Can someone give me a short, a few line, summary of 1639. I know there are so many bad things in it, but just the highlights that I can communicate to people in 30 seconds or less. Thanks.

Taxes, permits, fees, lifetime waiver of health records and your daughters pink 10/22 is now an assault weapon. It's not directed at criminal use, but restricting access to firearms for the law abiding citizens. The graphic above gives you more detailed bullets points on each of those. I have 10,000 of those cards, come and get some...hand them out to any WA voter.

I am trying to encourage my Washington non-firearm owner relatives who think that they can "Just borrow a gun from Nick" in the event of SHTF, to come to Oregon and get one now. I am sure that Washington, like Oregon has been keeping an illegal registry of gun purchases for the past few years, but do they share data?

Any idea if across state line long gun purchase rules will change after I-1639?

1) Yes, WA residents can purchase long guns in Oregon. 1639 does not forbid out of state purchases. Handguns, receivers, class III items have to be transferred back to WA dealer for delivery (and sales taxes collected then). Same with Oregon Residents purchasing in WA.

2) 1639 will prohibit semi auto sales to any non-resident, SALES...not delivery or transfer, but the very sale.

3) I would encourage them to visit a gun shop local to them and not just run south of the border.

Most importantly, encourage them to vote no on 1639.

And AGAIN! This needs to be in the state/national news. Pi$$ing, griping & moaning here on this or any other forum is not getting this in front of the public via the dog_snot MSM! If we can't get this before the public, and show them the fallacies of this, then we may as well just give up. If anyone here believes MSM gives a rat's bubblegum about what we believe in, you're dreaming. I'm STILL talking to gun owner people that are fricking oblivious to this initiative. The message IS NOT GETTING OUT!

SURELY??? someone here has the where-with-all to make a carefully crafted FREE you tube video (s) outlining the BS in this initiative and get it INTO the national news? I mean a video outlining the bs respective of the legal implications without going into any bashing of the other side. Let's take the high road? I'd undertake it if I was capable & didn't look like like Joe Moron..

Like.. a video showing a 12 y/o kid shooting a Ruger 10/22 at a range and then turning around to the camera and saying this is an assault weapon under the proposed I-1639 initiative...followed by a full auto anything from an individual stating this is an assault weapon, now which do you care to believe? The I-1639 sponsors or your eyes?

Write Ferguson, Wyman, Inslee, every legislator in your district, every news agency (tv-paper-radio) and even your local LEO's to argue against this. Take out ads in your local nickel.

Point being if people (some) just sit on their hands and preach to the choir, then these horses behinds WILL run us over.

I wrote to Dana Loesch requesting help on this & haven't heard back. We NEED national attention right now!

Dan

See sig--we have a HUGE opportunity since the NRA specifically has a booth at the Fair for anti-1639 advocacy, and can use as much help as they can get.

Washington State Fair

I attended the NRA-ILA Frontlines workshop tonight at University Place. It was very informative for the person who wants to use the NRA apps to call or canvas neighborhoods. Was good to meet Dan, Mathew, Joan & sorry but cant remember the atractive young ladies name.
I also plan to be at the NRA booth at the Puyallup Fair on the 19th before the Joan Jett/ Cheap Trick concert.
Hope to see some of you there. :wink05:

Good Morning,

Timely article - Typical media 'glossing over' and downplaying here:rolleyes:, but it does show that the supporters of 1639 appear to have spent most if not all of their initial funding, including $3.7M+ on Signature Gatherers:eek:. Not that they don't have deep pockets to draw from...the article does close saying even if it passes, the fight likely won't be over (as well it shouldn't be).

With court fight over, gun control measure goes around Legislature to voters

FPC getting the word out on a national level.

But we're going to be needing some local TV and radio ads ASAP, particularly to reach the large number of lesser-active gun owners. So skip a couple lattes and donate if you can.

BOSS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads