JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting, a buy back amendment was adopted -- $150/stock (but not unlimited funds so you probably have to be an early seller): http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Amendments/House/5992.E AMH GRAV ADAM 242.pdf

Which makes for an interesting situation -- there are printable bumpstock designs out there and it looks like building one takes about 1/3 kg of plastic filament, so about $10 in materials (and 18 hours or so to print). I'm sort of sad my printer is too small to build these parts -- would love to show up with 20 or 30 of them on day 1. ;-)

Where do these morons find such absurd numbers 400 to 800 rounds per minute.:mad: Come on, even with a 100 round drum mags and Jerry Miculek's fast trigger finger there would have to be mag changes. And no guarantee there wouldn't be a malfunction. I sure wouldn't want to fire that rifle. The possible damage to the barrel :eek: the overheated metal:confused:.

This is the beginning of the end of the Second Amendment in Washington state. As I was telling people in other threads, there is nothing to celebrate. It is just a matter of how much we should mourn as of the current moment.

I doubt there are any real funds. The last half of this section says it all.

(d) The buy-back program is subject to the availability of funds
appropriated for this specific purpose. This section does not create
a right or entitlement in a person to receive a monetary payment under
the buy-back program.

I don't own one, but if I did I'm not sure I would sell it unless I got what I paid for it. After all it was developed to help fire a rifle. It does not do what MSM says it does no matter how often they make the claims.

I doubt there are any real funds. The last half of this section says it all.

(d) The buy-back program is subject to the availability of funds
appropriated for this specific purpose. This section does not create
a right or entitlement in a person to receive a monetary payment under
the buy-back program.

Article I Section 3 WA State Constitution:

No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.​

If they refuse to pay, sue. The law could be declared unconstitutional if the state confiscates private property legally owned prior enactment, or in the alternative, the state has pay a bundle. My personal fantasy has now escalated to about 2000 bump stocks at $140 profit each. ;-)

Last Edited:
There's also the 5th Amendment in the Bill of Rights, something the state is required to follow:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
So if the state refuses to pay for truckloads of bumpstocks, it could find itself with an unconstitutional law. The alternative would be to pay up and avoid the constitutional issue. What it would want to do is somehow thread the distance between these so the law stays in effect but it doesn't have to abide by either the WA or US Constitutions and pay for confiscated private property, which would be a difficult argument to make I think.

For those who own them. Get them on the market to recoup your funds asap while there's a market, or give them up come July without getting a dime back.
The liberals don't understand what freedom is, and they never will. It all sucks for sure. It doesn't matter whether people like or don't like bumpfire stocks, where the rubber meets the road is that the anti's won't quit with just taking these away. They will crawl through sewer pipe to take more if it means taking more of our 2nd Amendment RIGHTS.

It's amazing to me how azz backwards this country has become where they think same sex marriage is OK, smoking dope like brain fried hippies is OK, and aborting LIVE babies is OK! Then turn around and say we don't need gunstocks, mags, guns or the like.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788.

... or give them up come July without getting a dime back. ...

Technically, bump stocks acquire a legal definition and it becomes illegal to sell or manufacture them on July 1, 2018. It becomes a crime to possess them on July 1, 2019. See the last page here: http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5992.E.pdf

So if you want to try to troll the state with a truckload of el-cheapo home built stocks, you have about 4 more months of legal manufacturing time.

SB 5992.E - DIGEST
(AS OF SENATE 2ND READING 1/25/18)
"Prohibits a person from manufacturing, owning, buying, selling, loaning, furnishing, transporting, or having in possession or under control, a bump-fire stock.
Provides the following definition for bump-fire stock: A butt stock designed to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm with the effect of increasing the rate of fire achievable with the semiautomatic firearm to that of a fully automatic firearm by using the energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger."

There's the definition.

That's why I say sell them now for anyone who wants to recoup thier money before they are illegal to sell come July 2018 in just over 5 months.:cool:

I see that. I'm sort of wrapped up in the fantasy of producing $300,000 worth of stocks at the "buyback" price and giving the state the option of either paying me for them, or losing the law to a constitutional challenge. If dozens of other people did the same, it would be a sort of hilarious troll with two ways to win (get the law tossed or get paid). Could you imagine the news reports?

127 days to go, so that's about about 16/day. I think with CNC cut plywood or flakeboard panels for the stock, a printed part to mount in the trigger guard, some PVC pipe for the tube, and some epoxy to bind it all together, the unit price could be brought way down and the production rate sped way up over printing the whole thing.

SB 5992.E - DIGEST
(AS OF SENATE 2ND READING 1/25/18)
"Prohibits a person from manufacturing, owning, buying, selling, loaning, furnishing, transporting, or having in possession or under control, a bump-fire stock.
Provides the following definition for bump-fire stock: A butt stock designed to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm with the effect of increasing the rate of fire achievable with the semiautomatic firearm to that of a fully automatic firearm by using the energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger."

There's the definition.

Yes, but the provision that makes it a crime to possess one does not take effect till July 1, 2019. It is July 1, 2018 where it becomes illegal to sell or make one. So there will be a year period where you can legally own a bumpstock, but not sell it.

Correct, but I was just posting the State of Washington's current definition of a bumpfire stock as it's now written for those who might want to know, since they narrowed it down and amended the bill, which originally had triggers etc listed and mixed in with the proposed SB5992 Bill as part of the original bumpfire stocks proposed ban.

Got it -- yes, this version is very targeted at bump stocks (my personal opinion on bump stocks is that they're a waste and that they are sort of a dream come true for antis due to the bad optics they present -- I'm not however, above trolling the state for a personal profit or voiding of the law).

So I see why they use made up numbers like 400-800 rounds per minute. They need it to appear to match a full auto rate. Of course they've not once demonstrated this. Why bother since they are going to ignore both THE Constitution and state Constitution.

A butt stock designed to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm with the effect of increasing the rate of fire achievable with the semiautomatic firearm to that of a fully automatic firearm by using the energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger."

I have never used a bump stock, do they actually make it possible to fire 650+ rounds per minute with an AR-15 (which is what the M16A1 can do)? If not, then a bump stock isn't a bump stock by their own definition. Let's pretend that the barrel and BCG and everything can handle it.

I own one that I bought 5 years ago, not knowing at the time you could not use them on a blowback platform. Its sat in the box for 4 years now, and not even at my house. They are gimmicky in my opinion, but this ban is just the beginning of something much worse here in WA. Decisions on compliance are coming to us all, bump stocks are just first.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews