JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like U of O has a "no guns" policy, except "on duty law enforcement": https://police.uoregon.edu/personal-protection-devices-uo
And Oregon State says no if you're attending school, attending an event, etc. https://policy.oregonstate.edu/policy/firearms

HOW?
For me? 1st I would just not go to the crap hole in the first place.

If I for some reason wanted to take classes there? It would be to me like anyplace else. As long as they do not walk me through a metal detector I would carry. No one would ever know unless I needed it. At that point I guess I would be booted. So if someone wants to go there? I guess they would have to make the choice. Do they want to follow the rules and go with no protection, or risk getting booted and go with protection.

Both of those campuses are integrated into their respective cities. If my daughter was younger, and when she was a student, it mattered to me more, but I did not carry then.

I do not care about their policies - I am not a student.

It is a given that after they get done slamming HB 554 up our collective rears, a college campus in OR will be a No Go zone for some of us.

PSU had the same policy, and I worked for the Campus Public Safety & Police (when it was still Police). It's a policy; meaning best we could do if you did have a firearm is ask you to leave. I concealed for the 4 years I attended class there.

Then sadly again those who "choose" to go to the school will have to make a choice. Follow the law, knowing full well criminals could care less, or risk carry of protection. Simple enough choice to me. It's another case of the voters get what they ask for.

I get what you are saying, but it is the voters that DID NOT vote for our current government that are being punished not the people who voted for them. The voters are getting what they asked for, and they like it unfortunately.

I get what you are saying, but it is the voters that DID NOT vote for our current government that are being punished not the people who voted for them. The voters are getting what they asked for, and they like it unfortunately.
I know this "upsets" a lot of people but, the people who make these laws do not just fall from the sky and start making laws. The law makers, the judges, ALL the people in power are there because voters put them there. A LOT of people who don't like it either sit on their hands every election, saying they have no control. They love to tell anyone who brings it up that they have no power so no point in voting. Great they get what they asked for. A lot of them proudly tell all they are too righteous to vote for the people running, so they throw away the vote to show they are "better". Great, it's their vote, they can do what they want. They still get the government they deserve. The rest of us just have to go with them down the toilet hoping eventually many people will get enough and actually vote well. :s0092:

I know this "upsets" a lot of people but, the people who make these laws do not just fall from the sky and start making laws. The law makers, the judges, ALL the people in power are there because voters put them there. A LOT of people who don't like it either sit on their hands every election, saying they have no control. They love to tell anyone who brings it up that they have no power so no point in voting. Great they get what they asked for. A lot of them proudly tell all they are too righteous to vote for the people running, so they throw away the vote to show they are "better". Great, it's their vote, they can do what they want. They still get the government they deserve. The rest of us just have to go with them down the toilet hoping eventually many people will get enough and actually vote well. :s0092:

Yep.
If just 1/2 the red voters got off their bubblegum and voted we could get the state back.

Yep.
If just 1/2 the red voters got off their bubblegum and voted we could get the state back.
YEP!! Even in places like CA they "could" turn this around, they just refuse to. I have listened to a couple people in CA who are making it their life's work who are frustrated no end. A couple of them keep saying there are many millions of legal gun owners there. If they could get a couple million of them to vote as a block? They could start blowing out a lot of the problem law makers. The only thing law makers fear is losing their job. Look how many of them will spend 100's of times what the salary is to win a position? They don't do this because they are nice. They do it because they really want the job. Make them think they will lose it? Watch how fast they suddenly act different, whether they "believe" what they are saying or not. They will do what the voters tell them to do if it means losing the job.

The policy has not stopped me from carrying when I visit my son at OSU.
No one wants another University of Michigan.

Oregon is still a preemptive state, and the government hasn't given the school the authority to regulate firearms for CHL. This was in the news years ago, the schools solution was to whack you with your grades.

Last Edited:
Up until last year OSU had a shooting range right in the middle of campus. Most students never knew it existed. I shot there 3 times a week and lettered on the Pistol Team. Unfortunately, that was shut down recently. When I wasn't at the shooting range, I still had my gun on me. I figured if they caught me and decided to expel me, it was just my time to find a new profession. With it now looking like it's going to be a felony, I'll probably just keep my distance.

These new improve super safe anti-gun rights laws never have a safety loophole for innocent people when something bad ultimately happens. The problem is never the idiot who shows up with murderous intentions. It's the hundreds of defenseless sheep.

That and the racist rederict about armed guards and metal detectors frightening grown a$$ college age children. Unless your kids are in a K-12 inner city school. Those kids just have to deal with it.

I will continue to speak on the many examples of armed guards and police putting a lower priority on you than themselves in these events. After the fact these college students will get to walk around with their hands in the air. I'd think after 20 yrs with no examples of this working to catch a bad guy they could stop this practice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top