JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a delay about 4 months ago after several calls and two weeks of waiting I cancelled the transaction and was told by salesperson I would get delayed the next time I purchased a firearm, went in Friday to buy an AR lower bout 30 mins before closing, got the call this morning I was approved. Just a weird deal thought I would share, I have oregon and Utah ccw no criminal record bought a couple times over the years no delay until a few months back but today I had no problems. Who knows but I'm happy I didn't have to wait again

Last Edited:
Hold on 24hrs ins't a wait?!

Is Oregon different?

I've never had any wait to get a firearm. It took longer to fill out the form than it did to get approved.

I just bought a G20 had it shipped to my FFL and it took maybe, MAYBE 2 mins.
And I've lived in other states, moved a dozen times.

If I had to wait more than 30mins I'd think something was up.

I went in this past Friday first thing in the morning when the gun shop opened and my wait was 30 minutes. 2 days before the Orlando shooting, I bought a couple lowers and my wait was just over an hour. These were both in Oregon. Last month I bought a long gun in Washington and was approved instantly. I think Oregon just has it bad.

Maybe they have less people processing.
In Washington they do an instant check I think online maybe?
Oregon just wants to make people suffer.

I have another lower on the way so we'll see how fast it goes and I'll update you, but I would bet it won't be any slower

Hold on 24hrs ins't a wait?!

Is Oregon different?

I've never had any wait to get a firearm. It took longer to fill out the form than it did to get approved.

I just bought a G20 had it shipped to my FFL and it took maybe, MAYBE 2 mins.
And I've lived in other states, moved a dozen times.

If I had to wait more than 30mins I'd think something was up.
I went in close to closing time when they ran me it came back as a 59 min wait so I just went home assuming they would close before I got approved . I've waited 10 mins up to a couple hours in the past

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top