Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Night sight installation recommendation?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by brandon211, Feb 4, 2013.

1. brandon211

brandon211 SE Portland Member

Does anyone have anyone they can recommend to put night sights on my HK USPC .40 and Gen 3 Glock 19. Also Im ordering Troy tritium night sights for my Colt AR15 and need the front NS post installed. If anyone has anyone they can recommend Id be very grateful. Already have the night sights for both pistols. Thank you for any suggestions. Brandon

2. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

All you need is a sight pusher (for rear sight on the Glock, I believe for front and rear of the H&K) and a hex tool for the Glock front sight. It's easy and there are youtube videos that walk you through it.

Personally I'd just get the tools and do it myself.

3. Solomon

A major advantage I forgot to mention is if the sights are off target after installation you can adjust them at the range once you have a pusher. No need to take the gun(s) back to a gunsmith for an adjustment, then go out test shooting again.

4. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

WOW $740 !!!! I would be going back & forth to the GS, cheaper too!!!

brandon211 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Dinged

Dinged Portland, OR Active Member

NW Armory did both my Glocks for free, I supplied my own sights both times, but one time I purchased a Glock from them. In and out in 15 minutes.

7. Solomon

OP, I'm in north Gresham. I'll do your Glock for free if you'll come to me, and I'll adjust it later if needed. I can probably do your H&K too but I have no guarantees. My sight pusher is designed for Glocks but I can't see why it wouldn't work on others.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

8. brandon211

brandon211 SE Portland Member

NW Armory it is. I would try it myself if I had the right tools but being I dont Id better let someone who knows what they are doing. The G19 is my wife's CC so I want it to be perfect for her. Thank you all for your input and hope you have a great day.