JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Decided to use a GSSF coupon on Wednesday at noon. Order from distributer took two days. Friday 3/24/23, the bgc for the OR CHL queue was 7K +/- as of this afternoon.

Very few of us with the same last name in Oregon and I am the only one with a CHL. Last bgc for purchase was 18 months ago and all instant up until today.

Completing this order/purchase at J&B Firearms so actual wait time is mid-next week. Don't really mind the 3 trips to the store (order/bgc/pickup) since it's fun to peruse the glass cases and talk shop with the guys (and close to Chick-fil-A!).

Sense measure 114 was set in motion I have bought 10+ firearms and have got an instant every single time. Longest I have waited is 10 minutes to clear.

Got around to doing my pick-up today. Over-heard a gentleman doing his BGC with his OR CHL and was he got queued at little over 6,000.
The number of people in the queue is kind of a misleading indication of wait times currently. Pretty much if you don't get instant approval then you're looking at a 2 month wait.

Strangely though a few outliers exist where folks have only had to wait 5-6 weeks from what I've read here on this forum but the overwhelming majority are waiting 2 months, myself included.

The number of people in the queue is kind of a misleading indication of wait times currently. Pretty much if you don't get instant approval then you're looking at a 2 month wait.

Strangely though a few outliers exist where folks have only had to wait 5-6 weeks from what I've read here on this forum but the overwhelming majority are waiting 2 months, myself included.
Nobody in Salem is doing 3 day transfers? Seems like might be worth the drive to Portland for three day transfer if not. Isn't that tick licker place in Salem (not sure if they do 3 day or not)?

Nobody in Salem is doing 3 day transfers? Seems like might be worth the drive to Portland for three day transfer if not. Isn't that tick licker place in Salem (not sure if they do 3 day or not)?
I'm not sure. I bought a lcp max from Cascade farm and outdoor because it was $50 off and I had my chl. I figured I was gonna get instant approval like my last 4 guns, actually 2 guns and 2 receivers, in 2022 but sadly no dice.

If I would've known about this 2 month wait stuff I would've gone somewhere else for sure.

I went in for BGC exactly a month ago. Today I'm at 2,038 Of 15,000.
That's a shame. 3 Day turn over is safegaurd put in place at the federal level to prevent govt from abusing and backward banning guns by taking however long they want. I applaud those FFLs who have finally started doing 3 day turn over as a middle finger back at Oregon's M114 which is a nice backfire because prior to M114 I had never heard of any FFL doing that.

FFLs have been made to feel threatened by ATF and local govt. when they are not liable at all.
They are a business and they are doing their job of submitting a background check its the govt job to do that check in a timely manner
and they're not doing them. So its on the Govt. and its a good safegaurd... not a loophole !! a safegaurd so govt isn't just dragging on a BGC as a work around ban.

Long guns*.

Handguns must be transferred in the state of residence. ie, yah you could buy a handgun on a trip, however it would have to shipped to an FFL in your state of residence for transfer.

Nothing new there.

*As far as long guns go, shops in your travels must follow the state of residence laws. Oregon residents are ok (ATM). Washington residents not so much due to the Washington semiautomatic long gun crud.
I've been researching this and can not find a clear answer:

What are the rules for an Oregon resident buying a long gun from an Idaho resident? Must we meet at an FFL in ID, do a background check there? Some reading suggest ID does not require background checks for private sales, similar how it used to be in Oregon.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

What are the rules for an Oregon resident buying a long gun from an Idaho resident? Must we meet at an FFL in ID, do a background check there? Some reading suggest ID does not require background checks for private sales, similar how it used to be in Oregon.

If its going across state lines, it needs to go through an FFL.

what are the laws in Idaho ? Federal law is all transfers have to through FFL ... which I personally don't agree with and I think two parties that want to exchange whatever they want is no ones business and firearms are not illegal.
With that being said because it has to go through an FFL if Idaho will transfer it to you there at the FFL then it's been legally transferred to you. If they won't and to save you the drive have their FFL ship it to a local FFL to complete the transfer. Different states have different made up laws, like Oregon won't sell you a handgun unless you're an Oregon resident but will sell you a rifle if you're out of state, that's how I've understood it talking to someone who has moved here and hasn't changed their driver's license to an Oregon one yet.

Ticklicker does do 3(5day) transfers. Myself and a friend have purchased 4 different firearms thu them within the last couple months. Good folks to deal with.

Attempted a purchase at Sportsmans Friday night, with a CHL I was thrown in the queue at 6600. Sportsmans advised it can take 2 months, but call back in a month to check progress. o_O

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD STRICTLY WHAT THE CURRENT WAIT IS. No one cares about your instant approvals, we want to know what the current cue time OSP has as they continue to infringe on us in this state.
Just updating what the number was from my trip on Friday. Money I save on purchases goes towards ammo, this site and groups that have take the state to court like FPC,GOA, OHA.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top