JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got the call today my background cleared from Feb 18th.

Since it was over 30 days I had to go in and resign bgc. Cascade farm and outdoor, they then called it in and I was 21th so I probably will have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up.

So if you purchased around then you should be getting cleared soon.

I'm pretty peeved with OSP about my current situation. April 12th will be 1 year since I've been delayed. There's a misdemeanor disorderly conduct from MT in 2011 for "making loud and unusual noises" per the report, around 2am outside a bar the morning of New years day. I've contacted OSP via the challenge line, and through email multiple times. I finally got a call back from them in September letting me know this charge needed to be investigated. I've done the work for them and contacted the city court where the charges were filed, and sent them a check in snail mail to pay for copies since there's no online payments there. As soon as I had copies of my record, I sent them into OSP via email and called to let them know they were sent. I've called back multiple time again since September, but no word back. I'm in the dark and have no clue what they're doing. I've never had any violent charges or any felonies of any kind, and I've legally purchased and sold many firearms for many years. I initially expected them to take a while because of the circumstances and especially the timing, but almost a year now? Wtf?

A friend made the mistake of purchasing a gun at Sportsman's in Salem. Six weeks later, they told him it would probably be sometime in May. Sportsman's refuses to call them in and says it's against their policy. I had him to go down to Tick Licker, buy a stripped lower and ask them to call it in instead of using the portal. Cleared in three hours and guess what, the Sportsman's BGC cleared at the same time. Calling it in acts like an enema and seems to clear everything you have in the pipeline.

Can't say that I'll never do business with Sportsman's again, but will only go in there as a last option. Sort of like Toby Keith singing he'll never smoke weed with Willie again.

I had a delay for over a year and a half. Calling never worked for me. Took another member's recommendation and took my paperwork for the old charges into osp headquarters in Salem. Took about 30 minutes of waiting before someone came out to talk but got the call from the ffl to come pick up before I got home.

I had a delay for over a year and a half. Calling never worked for me. Took another member's recommendation and took my paperwork for the old charges into osp headquarters in Salem. Took about 30 minutes of waiting before someone came out to talk but got the call from the ffl to come pick up before I got home.
I did this last year with back to back delays for no reason 2019,2020, and 2021 no issues. I have a charge from 2016 its on my driving record and it was flagging me in their system. i went down there and explained everything and they wouldnt give me a reason why after i called bullbubblegum. i got a call from the Gun store by time i got on the freeway. Now i do not get delayed but i am not a insta check like i used to be.

I'm pretty peeved with OSP about my current situation. April 12th will be 1 year since I've been delayed. There's a misdemeanor disorderly conduct from MT in 2011 for "making loud and unusual noises" per the report, around 2am outside a bar the morning of New years day. I've contacted OSP via the challenge line, and through email multiple times. I finally got a call back from them in September letting me know this charge needed to be investigated. I've done the work for them and contacted the city court where the charges were filed, and sent them a check in snail mail to pay for copies since there's no online payments there. As soon as I had copies of my record, I sent them into OSP via email and called to let them know they were sent. I've called back multiple time again since September, but no word back. I'm in the dark and have no clue what they're doing. I've never had any violent charges or any felonies of any kind, and I've legally purchased and sold many firearms for many years. I initially expected them to take a while because of the circumstances and especially the timing, but almost a year now? Wtf?
I would email and leave a voice mail again.... include in the email copies of court records. And I'd do that every 4 days till someone contacts you from OSP. I've had an issue like that before and it took a lot of paperwork back and forth showing them court documents that proves I"M IN LEGAL RIGHT TO PURCHASE and finally it worked out. But I wouldn't sit on it. Also Oregon keeps record of your approval for 5 years so they'll be able to see your file the last time they aprpoved you in teh future and see the notes that you're good to go.

Current wait....went with a friend today to fill out his 4473, his number number is 14,800. They are slowly getting it down. Seems to me it was at 20,000 for a few months. It's still likely a 1 -2 month wait if you don't have a 3/5 day ffl turnover.
Between my friend and I we have purchased 8 firearms in the last few months, never got an instant check clearance on any.

I've been a instant threw this whole mess and have purchased alot of guns in the last year. Yesterday I did a background check for 6 firearms and got put in the que. Did something change or is it just because it was 6 guns?

I've been a instant threw this whole mess and have purchased alot of guns in the last year. Yesterday I did a background check for 6 firearms and got put in the que. Did something change or is it just because it was 6 guns?
What time of day? Was it different time of day than the others?

Started bgc at bimart for a 22-250 on Tuesday last week was told it's at 14k+ and will be about 4mnths... I hope not I want to start working up load development
If that's the case they really are slow walking these.
Just curious, any reason why you didn't search out and use a FFL that does 3/5 day turnovers? I mean even a 100 mile drive is worth not waiting 4 months. Where ya located?

I do know that FICS / OSP is being investigated by OR State congress. The Libs are furious that guns are being released via the "3-day rule", and questioning OSP on the delays. So much so that they've sent a staffer to a larger LGS to see the process themselves. He saw firsthand the problems encountered.
One of the people observed was a chl and armed DPSST holder who buys 1-2 guns a month, he was placed about 10k or so in line. Another person purchased his second gun in 10+yrs, with just his DL and was given an instant approval. 🫣
OSP has been ignoring the requests for information and questions from state congress, and they are getting more and more pissed.
And yes, I did watch all this happen first hand.

Sorry if this isn't in the relevant thread, but I thought I would throw this out there. I bought a S&W 642 online today at around 12:30 PM PST from Midway USA. Free shipping and two-day delivery. It's still pending.

I would have thought it would have shipped within a few hours. My FFL was listed on their website, so that's good to go. Not sure if Midway is holding up because of the legislation, or if it's just a slow day for them. Cross fingers.🤞

Two weeks ago I bought a Mossberg 590A1 on Gun Broker and it took a week to get there by ground, but it cleared my FFL in half-an-hour, and I don't have a CCW. But he does evening call-ins rather than the online que.

Sorry if this isn't in the relevant thread, but I thought I would throw this out there. I bought a S&W 642 online today at around 12:30 PM PST from Midway USA. Free shipping and two-day delivery. It's still pending.

I would have thought it would have shipped within a few hours. My FFL was listed on their website, so that's good to go. Not sure if Midway is holding up because of the legislation, or if it's just a slow day for them. Cross fingers.🤞

Two weeks ago I bought a Mossberg 590A1 on Gun Broker and it took a week to get there by ground, but it cleared my FFL in half-an-hour, and I don't have a CCW. But he does evening call-ins rather than the online que.
Does midway just list FFLs or do they specific which ffls have their license on file at Midway?

Yeah well, I bought a CZ P10C on a whim because it looked cool and I took it home the same day. Maybe I'll take something home tomorrow, too. You just gotta know who to... You know... *Wind noises*

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top