JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It has already been proven in previous lawsuits that the minute you step on a shooting range you realize that you are around something that is inherently dangerous and therefore the liability for this type of thing would not fall on the owner of the gun since it was brand new.
Anybody may sue anybody else for anything. There are lots of lawyers out there who will take on any kind of personal injury project. Which usually results in an out of court settlement. Regardless of legal precedent.

All that fine print boiler plate that you sign on for at many ranges is to protect the range from liability. Not the gun owner or shooter.

Anybody may sue anybody else for anything.
That's true , I've had frivolous lawsuits against me and they've all been dismissed and the plantinff had to pay my attorney fees. In the above case however that friend willingly went to the range and if he sued it would be springfield or ZSR , not his buddy. Deep pockets. If it were reloads or "jo spibeys home gunsmithing modifications" then he could be liable. While unscrupulous attorneys will sue if you pay them , those doing it on a "if we don't win , you don't pay" basis are usually smart enough to not waste their time where they know they won't win.

Just bought four boxes of ZSR 5.56 at Bi-mart yesterday and glad I did some research before firing them. Won't be touching these things any further.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews