JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im curious why you want to start handloading for the 458 socom? Is there a specific purpose your looking for?
probably price, thats why i did! sure first batch you prob spending the same $$ but after that isnt bad if you like to shoot any quantity.
and not cringe on a 50.00 mag dump :s0048:of only 10 rounds :s0140:

Hand loading the 458. Why not when someone pretty much gives you the full awesome set of dies?

And next reason. Why the heck not! You see how much rounds are for this thing! The vast arrays of designs weights and speeds?

And I doubt I'll get to shoot a full 50 ever. Kinda why I was thinking 5-10 cases. Might actually motivate me to get it going if I get a couple cases. Then the projectiles. Again. Why not find someone that loves this and pick up a few of this kind and few of that. Again. Why not get schooled on the best for what I'm doing. And how to go about getting it without as much brutal learning lessons.

However. If I can learn how to reload this one? 300 bo and 5.56 are going to be easy. Let alone 9mm and the older ones.

Yeah going backwards. Should start at the bottom however why not challenge yourself...

probably price, thats why i did! sure first batch you prob spending the same $$ but after that isnt bad if you like to shoot any quantity.
and not cringe on a 50.00 mag dump :s0048:of only 10 rounds :s0140:
You never know! Maybe if I get things going and I can make.it happen the stars might align...

Party!

Or it's the herd of T-Rex rampaging...

Having the tools to cause mayhem? Priceless.

Yeah it's a while until my niece starts dating so in the next decade I gotta amuse myself.

And bigbore is fun. You know how much crap I've bought to play with it and still ain't used any of it?

Hand loading the 458. Why not when someone pretty much gives you the full awesome set of dies?

And next reason. Why the heck not! You see how much rounds are for this thing! The vast arrays of designs weights and speeds?

And I doubt I'll get to shoot a full 50 ever. Kinda why I was thinking 5-10 cases. Might actually motivate me to get it going if I get a couple cases. Then the projectiles. Again. Why not find someone that loves this and pick up a few of this kind and few of that. Again. Why not get schooled on the best for what I'm doing. And how to go about getting it without as much brutal learning lessons.

However. If I can learn how to reload this one? 300 bo and 5.56 are going to be easy. Let alone 9mm and the older ones.

Yeah going backwards. Should start at the bottom however why not challenge yourself...
300 and 556 are much easier a alot more data out there by bullet/power manufactures because 300 and 556 are SAAMI 458 is still a "wildcat" load so have to rely on peer to peer load data mostly.

the price... starting at $1.75 a round factory ammo yikes.
Dude. I want to try out a couple of the super expensive 700 grain rounds and the heavier ones. However you know how much a box of those costs? Dangggggg....

And I'm never going to blast a box full of anything of this. I'm going to chuck a couple rounds of this. Or a shell or two of that... If needed... Like a trex... Or hogzilla? Lions? Zombie elk? Grizzley and a polar bear?

And because this is America... !!!

Dude. I want to try out a couple of the super expensive 700 grain rounds and the heavier ones. However you know how much a box of those costs? Dangggggg....

And I'm never going to blast a box full of anything of this. I'm going to chuck a couple rounds of this. Or a shell or two of that... If needed... Like a trex... Or hogzilla? Lions? Zombie elk? Grizzley and a polar bear?

only reason i built the 458 socom and 300 BO was my fear of weapons of war bans and they both were designed for military reasons. so i beat them to the punch.

but yes America!!! and why not learn a useful hobby. the way its going we made be stuck loading our own. if they cant ban guns, then ammo will be next try..

only reason i built the 458 socom and 300 BO was my fear of weapons of war bans and they both were designed for military reasons. so i beat them to the punch.

but yes America!!! and why not learn a useful hobby. the way its going we made be stuck loading our own. if they cant ban guns, then ammo will be next try..
Yeah I hate to say it... But yeah looks like we might end up losing it all..and having to reload.

Alot has changed since I learned with grandpa.... Just been too long.

i bought some black butterfly 500s. havnt fired them yet waiting on wolfcreek to dry up a lil and get a sunny day

Yeah I hate to say it... But yeah looks like we might end up losing it all..and having to reload.

Alot has changed since I learned with grandpa.... Just been too long.
i have talked to old reloaders a few of them never had a micrometer or fancy scale they just eyeballed it. LOL cant imagine eyeballing big ol 45-70 loads ha ha

i bought some black butterfly 500s. havnt fired them yet waiting on wolfcreek to dry up a lil and get a sunny day
Yeah the range of the things you can do with this is awesome. Totally would love to get some tungsten penetrators and specialty rounds for the storage and collection. Not like I'm going to need a billion brass and thousands of projectiles. But I totally have to try out some of these on pumpkins or water jugs. Or a big rock.

I gold mine. Might need this round to destroy a huge rock one day. Might also end up having some rounds in my gear box that might help me at a later time...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top