JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go to Bimart and pick up a Hornady classic press kit, comes with what you need to start minus dies, holders and supplies. Than take the book out and start reading it.
Worst case, if you decided this isn't for you, you can sell the kit.

There might be a clue in there somewhere.
Hey can't exactly hate on a bca complete upper appearing. Never know when I might be forced to use it. Or back country... Or gold.mining. my tromix might be down... Why not have at least a backup. And if that gets scratched... Not exactly to invested there for tears...

Now my tromix... Well that's another story. Still looking for the right rest of the parts and to assemble it.

Then the bolt.... That's another one I'm going to have to get into besides headspacing... So yeah more reasoning I'm up schitts creek. Without the right paddles.

Half bald over this round. Still ain't shot it. The total complete die set in hand...

And stumped.

Guess fingering it out is the fun.

Go to Bimart and pick up a Hornady classic press kit, comes with what you need to start minus dies, holders and supplies. Than take the book out and start reading it.
Worst case, if you decided this isn't for you, you can sell the kit.
Got the dies..got the primer thing. Yeah waffling on press until.i can get the difference between them all figured out.

I'm quickly fingering out this is a even longer in depth rabbit hole I'm addicted to. Haven't even gotten into how to choose the projectiles and load data...

Nightmares...

However..... This thing is worth learning how to make some ammo I can use. Not trying to go super crazy until I understand it more. Then I can pick something and dive into the actual making a few of this for these reasons and a few for those...

Seriously there's such a huge difference in loadings. Let alone stuffing these into mags and getting them to cycle.

Which. At least they got 10 round mags for them... That's the one silver lining! Although not sure if my constitution is going to survive the detonation of these rounds.... It might shatter completely at the power of the big bore...

May the gods have pity on my feeble attempt to understand the dark arts of reloading.

I'm mostly north Portland / Clark county.

Willing to trade travel or what I need to figure this out. Best part of having this as a goal. I'm not overly stressed about the gradually accumulation of gear. I'm going to need the right press and set up. Then I can expand.

Quite the addiction. And tromix website just drives me wild and I want to order a grand worth of cool stuff from them. Might have to start tromix anonymous meetings if this keeps up.

Hey can't exactly hate on a bca complete upper appearing. Never know when I might be forced to use it. Or back country... Or gold.mining. my tromix might be down... Why not have at least a backup. And if that gets scratched... Not exactly to invested there for tears...

Now my tromix... Well that's another story. Still looking for the right rest of the parts and to assemble it.

Then the bolt.... That's another one I'm going to have to get into besides headspacing... So yeah more reasoning I'm up schitts creek. Without the right paddles.

Half bald over this round. Still ain't shot it. The total complete die set in hand...

And stumped.

Guess fingering it out is the fun.
Did you order the Tromix bolt with your barrel? If not I would go that route.

Did you order the Tromix bolt with your barrel? If not I would go that route.
Nope. Totally went all into a huge quest of trading hustling and working out this huge amazing deal.... So I could score the barrel...

Best trade I've ever made here on the site I believe... Well series of trades and deals to eventually end up in possession of said barrel.

Some would have called it a nightmare... I called it victory! I had to have it.

Nope. Totally went all into a huge quest of trading hustling and working out this huge amazing deal.... So I could score the barrel...

Best trade I've ever made here on the site I believe... Well series of trades and deals to eventually end up in possession of said barrel.

Some would have called it a nightmare... I called it victory! I had to have it.
The answer is simple then, just order the bolt from Tromix and don't over think that one.

There really is no big secret, just pay attention to details. You should start with the basic equipment and pick something easier to wet your whistle on, like 9mm or 45acp.

Got the dies..got the primer thing. Yeah waffling on press until.i can get the difference between them all figured out.

I'm quickly fingering out this is a even longer in depth rabbit hole I'm addicted to. Haven't even gotten into how to choose the projectiles and load data...

Nightmares...

However..... This thing is worth learning how to make some ammo I can use. Not trying to go super crazy until I understand it more. Then I can pick something and dive into the actual making a few of this for these reasons and a few for those...

Seriously there's such a huge difference in loadings. Let alone stuffing these into mags and getting them to cycle.

Which. At least they got 10 round mags for them... That's the one silver lining! Although not sure if my constitution is going to survive the detonation of these rounds.... It might shatter completely at the power of the big bore...

May the gods have pity on my feeble attempt to understand the dark arts of reloading.
This is the kit they have. A single stage like this is the best way to start loading as you have to learn and focus on each stage of the loading process.

Yep I agree.

However those things are spendy. So back to saving up for that the presses and then I guess I'll await the wizard...
Start with a balance scale. A fricken $65.00 electronic scale?! Not when I'm playing with explosives! I trust my eye, not some Chinese battery operated thing.

Start with a balance scale. A fricken $65.00 electronic scale?! Not when I'm playing with explosives! I trust my eye, not some Chinese battery operated thing.
Oh I got scales... I got 5. Use one to double check the next so on. It's about the quality measurement. I got that part. Most of the reloading set up I'm already getting. Others... Well might not be a bad idea to have several jewelers scales to check the measuring..

The last thing I need is over/under charges.

Though I love the fine details.

Not Weed scales.
Reloading powder scales that measure in grains.
Omg... You killed me...

No I don't want weed scales. Those are only so accurate
And really not near accurate enough.

You need gold mining and measuring scales! Like ten thousandths.... Grains and all the rest of the measurements.

Omg. I laughed too hard and spilt the gong.

this is a great resource

layman 50th edition has a few loads in there for 458 socom

i started reloading about a year ago still tinkering and learning but loading 300bo and 458 socom

right now on the 458 i have only loaded Berry's 350 gr w lil gun i have not shot any yet but there are several loads on various sites on that bullet anywhere from 26 grs to 32.5. that members have stated run reliably and group well. there are some sub loads too but i wont get to loading any sub sonics until i have a chrono.

I like to hit steel for most part so as long as its safe load and hits the steel for those loads im good and berry's are cheap enough to plink

I may have missed it but do you currently have ANY reloading experience?

If not, Douglas ridge rifle club has a couple reloading classes coming up in May.

Intro and advanced precision.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads