JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think it is party related as much as current administration agenda. I am pretty sure agencies were directed to look for exactly this type of situation. Remember back in February there was a PSA sent out for Valentine's day telling angry ex partners to turn in their former lovers?
but this bs happens every few years, going all the way back to the 90s and probably before. atf or fbi decide to prosecute an ordinary normal person with no record and then blow it up in the press to remind us all who are masters are. i remember two off the top of my head during 8 years of Bush and R controlled house.

I dunno, seems he was "randomly" targeted due to the situation of the snitch based off the story. Like the FBI wasn't looking but putting this guy away was better than deporting the snitch.
Illegal alien also physically in possession of illegal weapon. Illegal alien felon stays. Good guy with lapse in judgment gets locked up.

The Federal Biden Investigators sure have changed.

but this bs happens every few years, going all the way back to the 90s and probably before. atf or fbi decide to prosecute an ordinary normal person with no record and then blow it up in the press to remind us all who are masters are. i remember two off the top of my head during 8 years of Bush and R controlled house.
Yes, exactly. They get their marching orders from the executive branch. Both parties have done this sort of thing. The current criminals in charge were pretty open that this was one of their many tactics they were going to do, since it is SO important to the citizens right now.

Ever since I started tinkering with guns, I was very particular to keep my nose clean. Whether I personally agreed with a law or not, I was never cavalier about following it. I remember one time over 25 years ago, a friend came over because we were going to go shoot way out in the boonies. He pulled an SKS with a drum magazine in it out of his car, and said a friend had asked him to take it and try it out. He said it was "full auto". I told him in no uncertain terms to put it back in his car and take it back where he found it before we were going anywhere. I didn't want anything to do with it, and it certainly wasn't going in my car.

I knew another guy who said he had a homemade silencer. He told me that tinkering with that stuff wouldn't get you in any "real trouble" so long as you had no criminal record or intent. I had no intention in testing that theory, and wanted nothing to do with that either.

I can't imagine why the guy in this story didn't just legally SBR his guns. He already knew the process because of his silencers. But, I'm sure he's asking himself that very question now. He clearly had no criminal record, and there don't appear to be any allegations of criminal intent (other that the guns). He's paying a steep price for stupidity.

Did you hear something? :s0020: Like, gas escaping? And wind?

1657939940349.png

Aloha, Mark

Sting: Shooting an unlicensed SBR on his own property.
Makes me wanna vomit. Read the article and it makes me sick with stupid.

It would be interesting to know how many criminals were caught with firearms, how many were prohibited possessors, whether the firearm was NFA and whether there was an illegal transaction to obtain that firearm in the last year. Seems I recall reading that many times the DA drops any firearms charges against criminals, charges them for a robbery or theft and just takes the gun away. I can't find any sources to back up my memory, but I know I read it somewhere so it has to be true.🙄 That said, a stiff fine and a tongue lashing from the judge probably would have straightened this kid out quick and done much more good for the overall society.

Or that of a position of 'I will not comply' - as we often see ......
Could very well be. I wonder though, based on the fact that he'd already complied on the silencers. Pure speculation on my part, but I have to wonder if it was more along the lines of following the rules with the suppressors, because everyone knows they're a big deal.

Maybe he thought that a stock on a "pistol" was really no big deal, even though it's the same level of illegal without the stamp. After all, it's barely any different from a brace, and those are everywhere. Nobody really cares, right? Again, just speculation on my part.

It would be interesting to know how many criminals were caught with firearms, how many were prohibited possessors, whether the firearm was NFA and whether there was an illegal transaction to obtain that firearm in the last year. Seems I recall reading that many times the DA drops any firearms charges against criminals, charges them for a robbery or theft and just takes the gun away. I can't find any sources to back up my memory, but I know I read it somewhere so it has to be true.🙄 That said, a stiff fine and a tongue lashing from the judge probably would have straightened this kid out quick and done much more good for the overall society.
we dont use science or facts or evidence to make laws, dude. we just do what we think our voters feel like they want.

An illegal alien is just that = illegal! dont care how you came into the country. Undocumented, etc. do the F%&$ paperwork, take the test and contribute. Otherwise get the F$(*k out.

SO

Modify a pistol into a SBR w/o a stamp = illegal! Same same.

Do the crime do the time, oh and give up your rights to legal firearm ownership. Moral of the story is, make stupid decisions win stupid prizes.

Poor dude targeted? Does not matter, broke the law. Until the law is changed he made a decision that seams somewhat clear in this case clearly knowing it. Stupid is as stupid did.

While I think that law is stupid, this is another play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Can't argue that, but 2yrs in the pokey while violent and repeat offenders are continuously getting put onto the street? It seems an inappropriate use of prison space for someone with an otherwise clean record and simply one bad victimless choice. I realize that was the judges call, but still... it seems more about some kind of an agenda and external pressures to go that heavy handed than just the base merits of the case.

The FBI needed the jail time to justify the expenditure? Or maybe letting off an illegal doesn't "balance" if all the guy got was bench probation?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top