JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the kiddos out today. Killed it crabbing from boat. 3 hours and 20 keepers. All full shell. And my 16 year old was fishing for lingcod. "Dad i'm snagged" then his pole bends in half and runs under boat. And off the fish goes with all the gear. Impressive breaking 50 pound braided. Time with the kids, absolutely priceless. Some of my best memories are with my dad and grandpa out fishing and crabbing on the Oregon coast. They've both passed, but I'm hoping to continue the tradition!

IMG_1424.jpeg

Took the kiddos out today. Killed it crabbing from boat. 3 hours and 20 keepers. All full shell.
We were over there under a week ago, and considering how late in the season, were also surprised how many were still full shelled. Not exactly "prime" meat, but they sure did 'et good! 👍

And off the fish goes with all the gear. Impressive breaking 50 pound braided.
Mighta coulda also been grabbed by a seal. That'll do it!🤣

Good for you. This year the commercials screwed the people that live in the Northwest again. I don't know what they do with all the fresh crab they take. Little of it fresh gets in the stores, and that is expensive. And stores were still selling frozen when fresh should have been peaking. The commercials can all starve for all I care.

Glad you guys can get your own.!

Good for you. This year the commercials screwed the people that live in the Northwest again. I don't know what they do with all the fresh crab they take. Little of it fresh gets in the stores, and that is expensive. And stores were still selling frozen when fresh should have been peaking. The commercials can all starve for all I care.

Glad you guys can get your own.!
Exactly could not agree more how can we get our limit when they are pulling up tons ?

Exactly could not agree more how can we get our limit when they are pulling up tons ?
I don't really know, my issue is that the commercials are not getting fresh crab to the people of the Northwest. I think the crab population is closely monitored and private boats still do okay. Even better if you have a bigger boat and can get out of the bays. But the bays are off limits to commercials. EXCEPT, I've heard they have been letting commercials inside bays in the ocean off-season. Which sucks, for the general population that has a small boat and just want a few crab.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top