JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since we moved into Central Washington I havent had a chance to make it to the coast to pick up any crab. I am the crab whisperer. I don't bring pots or line or any of that nonsense . I walk through the surf and pick them up. Theyre all over the place and I can usually max my limit out in 15 minutes or so then max the kids limits out. Put a finnger on their back to force them down into the sand and then grab their back legs with the thumb and pinky. Paralyzes them and lift them right up. Makes a damn fine crab enchilada if I do say so.

So I have no easy source of crab around so I went to the store. Picked up a few pounds of imitation crab meat to make some enchiladas. Never had the stuff before. How bad could it be? Its bad. Tastes like a fishy hot dog. My dog sure is happy now that he's eaten a pound of it. I just got back from Coscto buying a few lbs of crab meat. Note to self... Max out everyones limit next time and freeze the little buggers.

zpGDHt.jpg

Since we moved into Central Washington I havent had a chance to make it to the coast to pick up any crab. I am the crab whisperer. I don't bring pots or line or any of that nonsense . I walk through the surf and pick them up. Theyre all over the place and I can usually max my limit out in 15 minutes or so then max the kids limits out. Put a finnger on their back to force them down into the sand and then grab their back legs with the thumb and pinky. Paralyzes them and lift them right up. Makes a damn fine crab enchilada if I do say so.

So I have no easy source of crab around so I went to the store. Picked up a few pounds of imitation crab meat to make some enchiladas. Never had the stuff before. How bad could it be? Its bad. Tastes like a fishy hot dog. My dog sure is happy now that he's eaten a pound of it. I just got back from Coscto buying a few lbs of crab meat. Note to self... Max out everyones limit next time and freeze the little buggers.

View attachment 332348
Imitation crab is just fish incase you didn't know with lots of sugar and other preservatives and coloring added to it it's made from Pollock and other white fish like pacific hake minced and pushed through a Auger really slow with screen thing around it so all the moisture is squeezed out of it comes out like a kinda dry paste then add sugar and other stuff to it it's called surimi then frozen in to Block's all that takes place on big fishing boats called Factory Trawler 's then shipped to other factory 's in Japan and there is one in Sumner WA I worked as a deck hand on one of those boats back in the 90's

Yeah years ago I interviewed for the maintenance manager position at a Surimi or sushimi or whatever plant in Kirkland I believe. I did one walk through of the facility and it took two washes to get that smell out of my clothing
I didn't return their calls.

Yeah years ago I interviewed for the maintenance manager position at a Surimi or sushimi or whatever plant in Kirkland I believe. I did one walk through of the facility and it took two washes to get that smell out of my clothing
I didn't return their calls.
Try working on a fishing trawler for 3 or 4 months at a time the clothes you take with you a ruin for anything but working on the boat we would bring them home wash them with pine sol and store them in the garage till next trip to Alaska

I've never found a good way to freeze fresh crab meat.
I just give extra to my favorite neighbors.
I have found the best way to freeze crab is cook them whole and freeze them whole wrapped in thick plastic but they don't last long before they get freezer burn few weeks Top's best way is catch cook and eat if you catch a lot call the neighbors tell them to bring some beer

View attachment 332348

Judging by that photo of you, you must slap your face in the water for crab bait!

I'M KIDDING!!:D

Just so nobody gets in trouble you can catch crab like Wired said by walking in the water and use your hands but you CANNOT USE A DIP NET OR A SPEAR OR ANY THING LIKE THAT

Just so nobody gets in trouble you can catch crab like Wired said by walking in the water and use your hands but you CANNOT USE A DIP NET OR A SPEAR OR ANY THING LIKE THAT

No need to. They're really easy to catch but I swear every time I do it I have people gathering on shore filming it.

No need to. They're really easy to catch but I swear every time I do it I have people gathering on shore filming it.
YEP you know that and I know that but some people don't I use pots because drop them in deeper water and go fishing and come back on way home pick them up but I have walked the beach before long time ago lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top