JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The boat owners get the $2.75-$3.00 for the crab they catch. Some "Store Fronts" run their own boats. Other wise the store in Garibaldi pays that boat owner the going rate. My biotch is that I can get crab in PDX, after going through three different hands? for $5.99, and the people in Garibaldi only sell for $7.99. Like I said, tourist trap rip-off. To ell with them! They've done the same thing with oysters too. Most oysters you find in PDX have been in live tanks, and quite often you can get them cheaper than at the coast.
On coast it's tourist trap lol in Portland you could be getting Indian crab or something my brother inlaw sells some to a buyer and he sales some form his boat at the dock in San Francisco for $5 a lbs but he doesn't cook it people come with cooler 's and load them up or he wraps them up and they take it home live

Haven't read the whole thread.

I have tried imitation crab meat and it more or less sucked - fish meat shaped like crab.

I have tried Alaskan King crab and lobster. Not very good. Tasteless compared to Dungeness.

I have not tried any of the other small crab meats.

I like my crab and fish to have some taste - mostly only like salmon, trout, steelhead, blackened catfish and dungeness crab.

When I was in the USCG most of the crab boats we pulled in would fill up our line lockers with crab as appreciation for hauling them in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top