JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My all-time favourite is still the Astoria-Megler bridge up at the top end. I've got lots of movie of that, too, but heck, you guys live there - you must be sick to death of seeing it.

tac

My all-time favourite is still the Astoria-Megler bridge up at the top end. I've got lots of movie of that, too, but heck, you guys live there - you must be sick to death of seeing it.

tac
I grew up there and my uncle was chief of police when it was being built. He took my dad and I up for a "tour". All there was to walk on was wooden planks (pic below, not mine). My dad was scared ****less but I loved it! My mother wasn't real enthused when she found out. :) Riding the ferries before it was built was pretty cool too though. My aunt ran the restaurant/coffee shop so I could ride all day if I wanted to.
The Coos Bay bridge (Conde McCullough Memorial Bridge) is kind of cool too. I hadn't been down that way since I was a kid until a year or two ago. Pretty narrow and it seems to elevate quickly.

15.111.001.049-640x480_c.jpg

Coos Bay bridge
3430881058_af9a3079b4_z.jpg nbbridge3.jpg

Last Edited:
That is the Yaquina Bay bridge. Very photogenic.

The CG Station is just to the east of the bridge, I served there 90-94 - weekends.

upload_2018-3-4_16-26-17.png

I haven't been in a, long, while. Glad they got the perimeter fence updated. Back in 90, you'll recall that a certain friend of the USA has a slight off course and scared some other friends in neighborhood. So I showed up to do my weekend and all of a sudden that August there is a 2 1/2 foot high cyclone fence around the property. As I am looking for the phone/gate/call button, a Newport PD shows up - "What are you doing!?"

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top