JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep it simple.

If you are new to concealed carry, stay away from cocked-and-locked 1911 type weapons. IMHO unless you are highly trained, you are far better off with a DAO weapon that does not require you to remember to operate a safety lever.

It doesnt get much simpler or more reliable than a .357 magnum snub-nosed revolver. I carry a hammerless S&W 640---it conceals nicely, its stainless (no rust issues) its dead-nuts reliable, you can carry and fire it from inside of a coat pocket, and the .357 158 grain JHP is just about as good as it gets in terms of stopping power. The only downside is its 5 round capacity, but for me 100% reliability and an effective caliber outweighs the ability to spray and pray. I carry 10 extra rounds in my front pocket on Bianchi Speed Strips which are flat, easy to carry and allow for a fast reload.

Hi Diesel,

Are you new to handguns or concealed carry or both? If you're new to hand guns then get a Glock type gun. With a glock there's nothing to think about. You pull the trigger, it goes bang. If you are experienced with handguns then get what floats your boat. A 1911 is a fine choice. And many people including myself think its one of the best guns ever.

As far as concealed carry goes comfort is every thing in my book. If you cant be 100% comfortable physically and mentally with your carry gun then there will be days you leave it at home. If you're going to commit to CC then it should be on you every day all day! I experimented with a Glock 27 and a sub compact 1911. Even though the 1911 weights close to a pound more the the Glock. It was much more comfortable and concealable then the Glock because it is thinner.

For me a pocket carry .380 is what I can do every day all day in comfort. It doesn't pull my pants down. And no body knows its there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top