Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New York shooting

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by deadeye, Aug 24, 2012.

1. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

2. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

I'm relieved that New York gun control laws are so tight. Otherwise, someone might have gotten hurt.

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

and the wounded are the result of police fire....
    News from The Associated Press

"Police killed the suspect and at least nine others were wounded, some by stray police gunfire, city officials said."

Good thing they are so well trained, the NYPD.

4. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Gunman kills 1 at Empire State Building, 9 wounded - Businessweek

Well, it's a good thing guns are banned in New York City.. Now, we cannot blame the citizens for their crappy shooting skills. It appears in the armed confrontation between a man who murdered a co-worker and the police, that a majority of the wounded people in the shootout, were wounded by police officers. This is very lucky!!! Good thing no little 8-year old child got blasted in this shootout! THat is, good for NYPD and their emperor Bloomberg..

I think we should modify the gun laws of New York to ban guns from the police officers and allow law-abiding citizens to own and carry the guns instead. We probably would have had less innocent people shot if somebody who actually knew how to shoot and cared about hitting innocent bystanders (aka no union/government funded legal support) would have took down the perpetrator. I think Emperor Bloomberg and the NYPD really needs to get their heads out of their a$$ses.

Where are all the gun control freaks??? We wouldn't want some stupid UNTRAINED citizen to have a gun to stop such a threatening person. I mean they may end up hitting innocent bystanders and such.

Oh yeah, how come the shooter carried out this crime?? Didn't he know handguns are illegal in New York City, especially concealed?

My 2 cents.

5. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

6. beavertonbuck

beavertonbuck Beaverton Active Member

It appears that the cops shot at least four innocent bystanders. It appears that at most the shooter had a 9-round magazine. He shot his boss three times and one round was in the chamber; at most the shooter had five rounds left in the magazine.

I wonder if the cops weren't there or didn't starting blazing away in a crowd if the headline would have been "Ex-employee Murders Boss?"

7. 4Freedom

So far ballistic evidence is pointing to the fact that all 9 innocent bystanders were shot by the police. Although with further research, the facts may change, so far all ballistic studies are pointing to the fact that the shooter did not shoot any rounds at the police and that all rounds, including those that hit the bystanders were shot by the NYPD.

NYPD: No evidence yet gunman fired at officers *| ajc.com

If this is truly the case, I think this would be a good case to take Bloomberg and NYPD to court for not only endangering the lives of innocent civilians, but also by neglecting them their Constitutional Rights To Keep and Bear Arms in a crisis situation.. I think this would be as strong of a case, as any, to fight New York's draconian and unjust gun laws. I don't know all the facts, but it certainly appears from the reports the officers felt their individual lives were more important than the lives of the innocent civilians surrounding them. This is my entire feeling about the New York City government as well. They should change their motto to "To Serve And Protect Ourselves". Bloomberg's entourage is heavily armed and he never implements gun control or assault weapon bans when it comes to protecting his own life.

Considering, most of my family came from New York (including Brooklyn) and New Jersey, these type of events hit home for me.

8. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

From our friends at the NY Times: Gun Used by Shooter Is Known for Its Deadly Power

And, this follow-up story: Decision by 2 Officers to Open Fire in Busy Midtown Leaves Bystanders Wounded

9. Father of four

Dramatic Surveillance Footage Shows Police Shooting Empire State Building Shooter Jeffrey Johnson | Video | TheBlaze.com

hidden_lion
    Posted on August 24, 2012 at 10:28pm

"More great police action, this time only 16 rounds to put down a perp. The cops are responsible for every round they fire. I guess they need more practice at the range."

Great post! But...
    Just wait and see...That reckless shooting by the NYPD will be approved to have been within proper police procedure, by their internal investigation of course.

10. Father of four

From a distance of less than 10 feet... 16 shots!!!!!! In less then 5 seconds. Hitting the bad guy and 9 bystanders.

sheepdip and (deleted member) like this.
  11. 4Freedom

12. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Full Story

There's a video you can see attached to the story that shows the cops just a few feet away from the guy.

They fired NINE and SEVEN rounds into a single guy in rapid fire?

WTF kind of training is that? Most very good shooters can't shoot that many rounds rapid fire into a stationary target ON A RANGE and keep them all on target.

All in all, it looks like the cops injured almost as many people as the shooter.

Maybe Mayor Bloomberg needs to stick to training of his own police force before he goes all Sarah Brady over me buying a shotgun at a gun show.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Anyone good with Photoshop?

14. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Anti-gun people are using this to make the case against concealed carry. They are saying if "trained, professional" police shoot like that, imagine what "amateurs" with guns would do. They are using police incompetence as a reason to deny citizens the right to carry. Read the comments NYPD Gunfire In Empire State Building Shooting Wounded All Nine Bystanders, Says Ray Kelly

15. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

What, no evil assualt rifles or high capasity mags were used. So much for thinking that banning them will stop shootings.

Why aren't the anti's calling out for better police training to reduce gun violence?

16. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The average rate the NYPD hit their target was 34% at least from 1996-2006.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/nyregion/08nypd.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

The NY AG is calling for more gun control. He also called this a mass shooting. Wouldn't that make the officers mass shooters?

Post-Empire State shooting, A.G. Schneiderman calls for new gun control laws | Capital New York

17. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

18. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

My post there:

19. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Father of four

2 dead, 9 wounded in Empire State Building shootings, police say - CNN.com

David

"The old man in the internet cafe a few weeks ago that shot the robbers didn't hit any innocent bystanders, in fact I don't remember reading any articles where armed citizens wound any bystanders let alone 9 in a shooting situation. Maybe armed citizens deserve more credit than the anti gun crowd gives them...In a pro gun state maybe the Construction worker would have been armed and dropped this guy at the scene of the crime..saving the public from the Gunman and the Police..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...-internet-cafe/story?id=16800859#.UDk0hKO05Hs

I AGREE.

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.