JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and the wounded are the result of police fire....
<broken link removed>

"Police killed the suspect and at least nine others were wounded, some by stray police gunfire, city officials said."

Good thing they are so well trained, the NYPD.

<broken link removed>

Well, it's a good thing guns are banned in New York City.. Now, we cannot blame the citizens for their crappy shooting skills. It appears in the armed confrontation between a man who murdered a co-worker and the police, that a majority of the wounded people in the shootout, were wounded by police officers. This is very lucky!!! Good thing no little 8-year old child got blasted in this shootout! THat is, good for NYPD and their emperor Bloomberg..

I think we should modify the gun laws of New York to ban guns from the police officers and allow law-abiding citizens to own and carry the guns instead. We probably would have had less innocent people shot if somebody who actually knew how to shoot and cared about hitting innocent bystanders (aka no union/government funded legal support) would have took down the perpetrator. I think Emperor Bloomberg and the NYPD really needs to get their heads out of their a$$ses.

Where are all the gun control freaks??? We wouldn't want some stupid UNTRAINED citizen to have a gun to stop such a threatening person. I mean they may end up hitting innocent bystanders and such.

Oh yeah, how come the shooter carried out this crime?? Didn't he know handguns are illegal in New York City, especially concealed?

My 2 cents.

It appears that the cops shot at least four innocent bystanders. It appears that at most the shooter had a 9-round magazine. He shot his boss three times and one round was in the chamber; at most the shooter had five rounds left in the magazine.

I wonder if the cops weren't there or didn't starting blazing away in a crowd if the headline would have been "Ex-employee Murders Boss?"

So far ballistic evidence is pointing to the fact that all 9 innocent bystanders were shot by the police. Although with further research, the facts may change, so far all ballistic studies are pointing to the fact that the shooter did not shoot any rounds at the police and that all rounds, including those that hit the bystanders were shot by the NYPD.

<broken link removed>

If this is truly the case, I think this would be a good case to take Bloomberg and NYPD to court for not only endangering the lives of innocent civilians, but also by neglecting them their Constitutional Rights To Keep and Bear Arms in a crisis situation.. I think this would be as strong of a case, as any, to fight New York's draconian and unjust gun laws. I don't know all the facts, but it certainly appears from the reports the officers felt their individual lives were more important than the lives of the innocent civilians surrounding them. This is my entire feeling about the New York City government as well. They should change their motto to "To Serve And Protect Ourselves". Bloomberg's entourage is heavily armed and he never implements gun control or assault weapon bans when it comes to protecting his own life.

Considering, most of my family came from New York (including Brooklyn) and New Jersey, these type of events hit home for me.

From our friends at the NY Times: Gun Used by Shooter Is Known for Its Deadly Power

And, this follow-up story: Decision by 2 Officers to Open Fire in Busy Midtown Leaves Bystanders Wounded

As the two officers confronted a gunman in front of the Empire State Building on a busy Friday morning, they had to make a snap decision: Do they open fire in the middle of Midtown?

From a distance of less than 10 feet, the officers, Craig Matthews and Robert Sinishtaj, answered in unison; one shot nine times and the other seven.

Investigators believe at least 7 of those 16 bullets struck the gunman, said Paul J. Browne, the Police Department's chief spokesman. But the officers also struck some, if not all, of the nine bystanders who were wounded.

<broken link removed>

hidden_lion
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 10:28pm

"More great police action, this time only 16 rounds to put down a perp. The cops are responsible for every round they fire. I guess they need more practice at the range."

Great post! But...
Just wait and see...That reckless shooting by the NYPD will be approved to have been within proper police procedure, by their internal investigation of course.

(AP) NEW YORK - The nine people believed injured by stray police gunfire outside the Empire State Building were not the first to learn how dangerous a crowded street can be in a gunfight.

Civilians occasionally find themselves in harm's way when officers use deadly force, though usually only a handful of times annually. When that happens, a rigid process of investigation is set in motion — and the police department can reasonably expect a lawsuit.

The latest episode came when police say a man disgruntled over losing his job a year ago shot a former colleague to death and pointed his weapon at two police officers in the shadow of a major tourist attraction.

He apparently wasn't able to fire before police killed him, one firing off seven rounds and the other nine. Bystanders suffered graze wounds, and some were struck by concrete gouged from buildings by the bullets, authorities said. At least one person said he was actually hit by a bullet.
Full Story

There's a video you can see attached to the story that shows the cops just a few feet away from the guy.

They fired NINE and SEVEN rounds into a single guy in rapid fire?

WTF kind of training is that? Most very good shooters can't shoot that many rounds rapid fire into a stationary target ON A RANGE and keep them all on target.

All in all, it looks like the cops injured almost as many people as the shooter.

Maybe Mayor Bloomberg needs to stick to training of his own police force before he goes all Sarah Brady over me buying a shotgun at a gun show.

Full Story

There's a video you can see attached to the story that shows the cops just a few feet away from the guy.

WTF kind of training is that? Most very good shooters can't shoot that many rounds rapid fire into a stationary target ON A RANGE and keep them all on target.

All in all, it looks like the cops injured almost as many people as the shooter.

Maybe Mayor Bloomberg needs to stick to training of his own police force before he goes all Sarah Brady over me buying a shotgun at a gun show.

Anyone good with Photoshop?

What, no evil assualt rifles or high capasity mags were used. So much for thinking that banning them will stop shootings.

Why aren't the anti's calling out for better police training to reduce gun violence?

The average rate the NYPD hit their target was 34% at least from 1996-2006.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/nyregion/08nypd.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

The NY AG is calling for more gun control. He also called this a mass shooting. Wouldn't that make the officers mass shooters?

Post-Empire State shooting, A.G. Schneiderman calls for new gun control laws | Capital New York
"For those of us in government, and in law enforcement, the news of yet another mass shooting so close on the heels of the massacres at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin, and in Aurora, Colorado, should make it crystal clear that our current laws have failed to protect the public from gun violence," Schneiderman said in the statement. "We must redouble our efforts to protect public safety so that New Yorkers don’t have to live in fear of the next deadly attack"

Full Story

QUOTE]

Actually the one bad guy in this story didn't injure or miss anyone. He walked up shot his boss/coworker in the head and then in the chest. Walked outside with his pistol in his briefcase and was confronted by two cops. He withdrew his pistol from the brief case and at a distance of approx 10 ft. the two cops shot him and 9 other people.

Anti-gun people are using this to make the case against concealed carry. They are saying if "trained, professional" police shoot like that, imagine what "amateurs" with guns would do. They are using police incompetence as a reason to deny citizens the right to carry. Read the comments NYPD Gunfire In Empire State Building Shooting Wounded All Nine Bystanders, Says Ray Kelly

My post there:

First let's note that the already tight gun control laws in NYC did NOTHING to prevent this.

Second, the bystanders wounded by these keystone cops were not simply collateral damage, hit accidentally by stray gunfire. The cop on the left in the video is firing 90 degrees to the left of where the armed suspect is standing. He's INTENDING to shoot bystanders! He's confused, panicked, and shooting the wrong people.

Third, the police are NOT necessarily experts with pistols. They are required to fire a minimum number of rounds at the range periodically to qualify to carry a firearm on duty. Most don't do any more than that. Also, the training they receive these days is MILITARY style training; training in self-preservation. The military trains for war, where the unknown is the enemy and is fair game. This is NOT how our police, who deal daily with a population of innocent civilians, should be trained.

2 dead, 9 wounded in Empire State Building shootings, police say - CNN.com

David

"The old man in the internet cafe a few weeks ago that shot the robbers didn't hit any innocent bystanders, in fact I don't remember reading any articles where armed citizens wound any bystanders let alone 9 in a shooting situation. Maybe armed citizens deserve more credit than the anti gun crowd gives them...In a pro gun state maybe the Construction worker would have been armed and dropped this guy at the scene of the crime..saving the public from the Gunman and the Police..."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...-internet-cafe/story?id=16800859#.UDk0hKO05Hs

I AGREE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads