JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The AR of mine that gets the most use is the one I built in 7.62x39. I was hoping to get it to reliably function with cheap steel cased ammo and it definitely does. It is an added bonus that it is sub moa scoped with same .20/rd ammo. Nothing like it for cheap trigger time. I usually go throug at least 100rds every time I go to the range:D.

I have really never done a mag dump. I have emptied a mag as quick as I could get back on target but never just to see how fast I could empty a mag. Seems like a waste of ammo to me but I didn't get into ARs until I was mid forties or so. Kids will be kids.

I have really never done a mag dump. I have emptied a mag as quick as I could get back on target but never just to see how fast I could empty a mag. Seems like a waste of ammo to me but I didn't get into ARs until I was mid forties or so. Kids will be kids.

Save your nickels until you have enough to burn 30 rounds and not feel regret.

I dump a mag every once in a while. Mainly just to test a new type of particular magazine or perhaps new build. Otherwise I rarely shoot more than 10 rounds at a time, while making sure the barrel has cooled down.

I feel no compulsion to dump a mag because I'm shooting a semi-auto :rolleyes:

I wonder how the magpul pro sights would handle.

IIRC it was the MBUS ability to fold without a release that was attributed to it's survivability from impact as much as the polymer, so I suspect they would fare pretty well assuming they are not dropped at a rear angle perpendicular to the hinge.

I like mine too much to run that test. They are actually my favorite true BUIS, the standard not the LR. I really like how small and unobtrusive they are, it's almost like they are not even there (like the tree from below).

If they didn't look like tree frogs sitting on my rifle, I might entertain trying a set.

;)

You do got me there, but in defense of said tree frog they jump up when you press them on either side and the top.

IMO, for the money (and I know this site embraces that phrase) the MBUS can not be beat. Would that be my first choice of a primary sighting system? Of coarse not, but for their true intended purpose as a back up iron sight, they shine bright for dirt cheap.

A list of sights I currently own:
Non-Folding...
Scalarworks PEAK
Colt A2 Carry Handle
Daniel Defense 1.5

Folding...
KAC 200-600M Micro
MBUS
MBUS Pros

I plan to pick up a pair of offsets made by Griffin, their Fail Safe not M2 linked above. Also Midwest Industries just came out with what appears to be a solid choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top