JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took it to the range today. No target photos cause I didn't think about it.
Put 60 rds through it. Men, PPU, and the re-branded Men. It is super easy to go through rounds faster than my bolt action was, go figure.
I was shooting using just a front deadshot bag. Current zero is 100yds, I'm thinking I will end up zeroing at 200.

73D41FB6-DF6E-4E39-951E-9FCA4026DF84.jpeg

Last Edited:
I recently picked up an Aero M5E1. I went .308 over 5.56 for possible hunting purposes. Hoping to hit the range Monday.

Did you give it some range time?

I got tired of waiting for a complete rifle to become available, and just ordered an upper and lower on Monday, and got 15% off.
20 upper.jpg 20" .308
lower.jpg

I finally got to take my chrome barrelled home built AR to the range again today. I had issues with the BAD lever for my first range trip. I ordered a one price Phase 5 BAD lever. Shoots great and I put 90 rounds through it today.

Last Edited:
Welcome to the club! I'm just about to complete my first AR build this week...pretty exciting stuff. The members here are a wealth of information and many will lend a helping hand.

I posted this decent deal on MBUS sights a few days back, so I thought I would share it with you, here.

Magpul Gen 2 MBUS sight set

I agree, the folks on this site are wealth information and seem to enjoy sharing their experiences, which is priceless to me. Bill L

Yes. 308 is much better for hunting and barrier penetration. No argument there.
But there are better 308 caliber guns out there. [Most all of them]

And in my opinion the AR platform is only a good rifle because it's light and handy. Accurate enough. Powerful enough. And there are parts for it everywhere. And there cheap!

It's the one I'd grab on the way out the door. If I had to carry all my ammo.
And I don't consider the AR the best weapon to launch 5.56 rounds. But it is the most popular. And that's a convenient reality I choose to exploit.

The 308 AR doesn't have the 5.56 rifles virtues. Just it's shortcomings.
What do you find better for shooting 5.56? Just curious...

there is a whole world beyond Magpul , take your time and look around ,for example imo these BUIS are an awesome price made by an outstanding company not near as hideous as MBUS and actually iron ......and actually not on every rifle you see

GRIFFIN M2 SIGHTS FRONT & REAR
My God I've been looking for sights like that by a respectable company for AWHILE now because I didn't want to shell out for the KACs. Thank you for putting these in front of me, I'm going to grab a set next paycheck.

Last Edited:
My God I've been looking for sights like that by a respectable company for AWHILE now because I didn't want to shell out for the KACs. Thank you for putting these in front of me, I'm going to grab a set next paycheck.
I have a set of KAC 600y and I wont be buying anymore

I just peeled of the scope and shot with them this last weekend and they are just excellent .

this is the set that gives a 45 offset OR regular
GRIFFIN M2 SIGHTS DEPLOY KIT

this is just regular , best price I could find
GRIFFIN M2 SIGHTS FRONT & REAR

What do you find better for shooting 5.56? Just curious...

Well? my DR-200 Daewoo with it's 18'' chrome lined 1/12 barrel will shoot m-193 ammo much more accurately than my Colt with it's 1/7 barrel. And I prefer the 55 grain load. So I feel it's better.

I also think my early Sig 556 with swiss parts is a better rifle. It's based on an AK.

Keep in mind both these rifles use standard AR mags. Both have adjustable gas systems and operate with a long stroke piston.

But with so many AR parts out there? It's light weight and familiarity? I'd settle for the Colt-AR.

***Chamber flag
Put the UPS guy at ease and on the range for cease fire situations

Maybe a chamber mop in 308 ; bend one at theads 90 degrees
Rear bag
Thumb over HG and follow thru with trigger(sort of)

Well? my DR-200 Daewoo with it's 18'' chrome lined 1/12 barrel will shoot m-193 ammo much more accurately than my Colt with it's 1/7 barrel. And I prefer the 55 grain load. So I feel it's better.

I also think my early Sig 556 with swiss parts is a better rifle. It's based on an AK.

Keep in mind both these rifles use standard AR mags. Both have adjustable gas systems and operate with a long stroke piston.

But with so many AR parts out there? It's light weight and familiarity? I'd settle for the Colt-AR.
Gotcha... yeah to me the AR has the ability to mimic other rifles with the availability of barrels with different twist rates, lengths etc. Also long stroke pistons even though its not traditional with the AR I still consider it all part of that platform.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top