JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just thought of something else that bit me.

Get Magpul magazines, my particular 308 doesn't like the steel GI mags, but loves the Magpul ones.... And if you stick a wrap on it then it may not drop free.

That may just be my lower though. Also my stock trigger had problems with surplus ammo, I popped in a CMC trigger and it's eaten everything I fed it so far.

I put a CMC trigger in my shopping cart just to see what cost was. Forgot to take it out before placing my order to got one.

CMC AR-15/AR-10 Drop-In Single Stage 3.5lb Curved Trigger Mil-Spec .154" 91501

It this a good trigger? I have no experience with it since I put a BCM PNT Trigger Assembly in my home built ARs.

Thank you

I put a CMC trigger in my shopping cart just to see what cost was. Forgot to take it out before placing my order to got one.

CMC AR-15/AR-10 Drop-In Single Stage 3.5lb Curved Trigger Mil-Spec .154" 91501

It this a good trigger? I have no experience with it since I put a BCM PNT Trigger Assembly in my home built ARs.

Thank you
Just make sure that you're cool with C-clips, E-clips, dogbones or buttonheads on the outside of your receiver.
Unless they've changed, these cassette triggers cannot self-retain milspec pins.

Just make sure that you're cool with C-clips, E-clips, dogbones or buttonheads on the outside of your receiver.
Unless they've changed, these cassette triggers cannot self-retain milspec pins.

Feature from the website page. I made the Mil-Spec trigger pins:

Features:
  • Compatible with AR-15 and AR-10 rifles
  • Installs with Mil-Spec .154" trigger pins
  • Single stage 3.5lb trigger pull
  • Non-adjustable curved trigger bow for improved trigger control
  • Tactile and short reset
  • Minimal lock time with lightened hammer and full power Rocket Wire spring
  • Drop-in, one-piece design made from 8620 alloy steel
  • 100% Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty!

Feature from the website page. I made the Mil-Spec trigger pins:

Features:
  • Compatible with AR-15 and AR-10 rifles
  • Installs with Mil-Spec .154" trigger pins
  • Single stage 3.5lb trigger pull
  • Non-adjustable curved trigger bow for improved trigger control
  • Tactile and short reset
  • Minimal lock time with lightened hammer and full power Rocket Wire spring
  • Drop-in, one-piece design made from 8620 alloy steel
  • 100% Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty!
Well that's good that they solved that riddle.

Here's how they used to be.
Torx drive screws supplied and required to retain the pins.....not a fan.
8e62d589084c941ed6bf7542a5a66822.jpg

Last Edited:

Thank you

Well, I'm biased. I only have experience with mil spec, geissele and timney and CMC.

Yes, you get what you pay for. I like my two stage geissele better .. but I like the CMC about as equally as my timney and it cost about the same price.

And of course I like them all better then the milspec ones they came with but, I also didn't find that trigger horrible.

I think I only like the geissele trigger better because it's crisp and light, but I also have a tendency to have more surprise trigger pulls because it's too light some times and I set the first and second stage really close together.

So here's something else for the OP's Wishlist :

Trigger
Geissele SSA-E
On sale at Palmetto $156 (i paid around $180 and thought it was a good deal !)
Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger- 05-160

That's the one I'd be buying. We'll likely never see it go under that price point again. Anther great trigger is the Larue Tactical MBT2S, which is on sale for $87.00 thru Christmas. This used to be a $250.00 trigger, but Larue made some in house changes to get the price down to $87.00. This is also one I have and would consider buying again:
LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger - LaRue Tactical

Before all these other suggestions point you in the wrong way ;)

Larue MBT2S trigger - 2 stage - $87 right now through Christmas. The best, IMO

Magpul pro offset sights - $125-$150 ish, allows you to shoot with irons without taking off scope. Very practical if you don't plan on taking off your scope every time to use irons.

Magpul QD sling - $46 at primary arms right now, 4 colors to choose from. (might be better elsewhere)

Light (if you want a light) Streamlight protac 1a $75 at primary arms right now. Dual fuel.

Limbsaver STR recoil pad - got mine for around $25, cuts it substantially.

Have fun!

I recently picked up an Aero M5E1. After telling my self many times I was not going to buy an AR platform, I did. And let me tell you: I am excited to take it out. It will be mostly a range rifle, but I went .308 over 5.56 for possible hunting purposes. Hoping to hit the range Monday.

Current outfit
-Stock rifle
-American Defense QD mount
-Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40

Future plans
-Sling (Suggestions? Set up for Magpul QD) Nothing wrong with magpul. I like my Savvy Sniper a lot though.
-BUIS (likely never to be used, but rather to have and not need than the alternative) Magpul MBUS, think they are usually $50 at PSA Magpul Gen 2 MBUS Front & Rear Back-Up Sights Set
-Hand stop (maybe AFG instead)
-I need a range bag for it, I have seen the cheap stuff fall apart and there is a lot in the $50-90 range that I figure would hold up. What are you using? I figure taking 3 mags will be my norm, plus ammo in a can. AMS Tactical Long Gun Cases Quality bags made here in the U.S. I got mine from DSG American Mountain Supply 36" Discreet Case - Black they were a little cheaper then. IIRC $40 piece. These are listed at $60 now. My LR/308 M5E1 build is 36.125" long with an almost fully collapsed stock. And with a 20 round Lancer L7AWM inserted it's 10.875 tall from the base to the top of the red dot. Just zips up inside the afore mentioned case. It has 4 internal velcro pockets that hold 1 - 25 round PMAG each and 1 zippered pocket that holds 2 - 10 round PMAGs. You could also stuff a bunch of loose mags in if you so desired.

I need to start collecting tools and spare parts, and thats where I could really use some help. Can most AR15 tools cross over to the DPMS/LR .308 platform? I know brushes are obviously different, but otherwise? As far as spare parts, I was thinking about this kit or similar to fill that need.
DPMS AR-10 Repair Kit I'd just buy a spare complete BCG same exact one that you run currently.

And for those who might end up curious, mounted using a Hold Up Displays mount.
View attachment 521429

I see nothing wrong with the scope you have there personally. I wouldn't bat an eye if you had a giant 4.5-27 Razor on it. Different strokes for different folks ;)

For backup sights I prefer the flip up Troy battles sights for front and rear one myself. They are more expensive than the Magpul ones.

I second this, what a great price for an awesome sight!!!!!
IN fact, I'm going to order one as a back up back up...:p:p:p

Primary Arms has them discounted right now though.

Troy Industries Rear Folding BattleSight - Black SSIG-FBS-R0BT-00

I bought a Magpul single point sling adapter and a Magpul single point sling. But I have a two point sling for my HD AR since it is easier to put on in an emergency. I can put my single point sling on pretty quick if I have it attached to my AR but not as fast as my two point sling.

there is a whole world beyond Magpul , take your time and look around ,for example imo these BUIS are an awesome price made by an outstanding company not near as hideous as MBUS and actually iron ......and actually not on every rifle you see

GRIFFIN M2 SIGHTS FRONT & REAR
They remind me of the Matech (USGI).
I still prefer Troy for a rugged patrol grade flip up.
MBUS is plinker grade IMO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top