JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've found the aggressive checkering on the grips of my XDm does not feel super-awesome against my skin when I CCW...maybe rubber grips are a solution I should look in to...

Picking my bi-tone XDS up tomorrow and looking forward to some trigger time.

I usually shoot a 9mm so the 45 recoil will be interesting to get used to. May need to wear my big boy pants to the range. :)

The grips are really not as bad as you would think. If you have rough working hands it would be no big deal, I got the rubber Talons because my hands are "baby soft". Bad *** little carry gun though

I took my XD-S to the range today with the slightly larger, seven-round magazine. It is MUCH easier to shoot. We were shooting it at approximately 25 yards and doing OK.

If you have a XD-S, consider the optional seven-round magazine. It adds approximately one inch and gives you two additional rounds.

Peter

Hows the recoil in comparison to the G27?/ If anyone has both?? Just trying to get an idea.Still waiting for a Shield but this caught my attention.Thanks

Hows the recoil in comparison to the G27?/ If anyone has both?? Just trying to get an idea.Still waiting for a Shield but this caught my attention.Thanks

I had the G23 and would rather any day of the week shoot the XDS. The .40 S&W is too snappy compared to the .45. The .45 is a smoother recoil if that helps.

I had the G23 and would rather any day of the week shoot the XDS. The .40 S&W is too snappy compared to the .45. The .45 is a smoother recoil if that helps.

Really? I would think the "SMALL" 45 would have alot more recoil than the G23?? I can shoot the G27 no problem. If the Xds is similar then I'm going to get one. I see those all the time. Haven't saw a Shield in stock yet. Thanks

It was easy to find a XDS new in the shop with a few phone calls but when I go to shops I look in the 9mm case and they never have the Shield. If I do see one the guy at the counter usually says they sell the same day they come in were the XDS will sit for a couple days.

If you shoot the G27 and like it, you'll love the XDS. .357 SIG in the XDS would actually be the ultimate carry piece.

I have had 5 XD45 compacts (all double stack) 2 XD9SC and 1 XD40SC all were very nice guns no complaints. Also numerous other smaller carry pistols in compact to sub compact including Keltec PF9 and P11, S&W 6944, various Glocks in 19, 23, 26, 29 and 30, and 33 Taurus PT145, and tcp .380. But I have no experience yet with XDS, but hear they are great but hard to find. A single stack gun may not be very much thinner than their double stack cousins but it is noticeable when you carry so I get the appeal of this category. Personally I decided recently to go with the Kahr CW45 as a thin light weight single stack .45 ACP choice in this category. It has a longer grip than the XDS and its even more compact little brother the Kahr PM45, but I believe having my pinky on the grip to help with recoil is a worthwhile tradeoff on these powerful ultra light weight .45s, plus it gives you an extra round in the magazine for 6+1 instead of 5+1. Also I found out that you can use ACT-MAG brand 1911 magazines in the gun, the officer model 7 round magazine sits just about as flush as the factory 6 rounder with bump pad. and the 8 round magazines work well as a reload. (Warning I hear not all 1911 magazines will work in the Kahr) The Kahr has a sweet smooth DAO trigger. The CW series Kahr also costs substantially less giving good value for the money and its easier to find. It may be worth a look for those exploring this category. Good luck to everyone

I. A single stack gun may not be very much thinner than their double stack cousins but it is noticeable when you carry so I get the appeal of this category.

Funny. I like my G27 for carry. Think wtf is a big deal about less than a 1/4"?? But after handling a thinner gun there is a big difference if you IWB in the summer. Cooler times no worries I OWB because I like that better anyways.JMO

I got my XDS a few days ago and Pearce just released the mag extensions. I got them today so really anxious to shoot it with those. They really dont hurt concealability but gives a much better grip.

I ran 100 rounds of target ammo thru mine yesterday and had a few issues. Biggest one was half a dozen light strikes. Anyone else see that?

Also, my hand hurts!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads