JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've found the aggressive checkering on the grips of my XDm does not feel super-awesome against my skin when I CCW...maybe rubber grips are a solution I should look in to...

Picking my bi-tone XDS up tomorrow and looking forward to some trigger time.

I usually shoot a 9mm so the 45 recoil will be interesting to get used to. May need to wear my big boy pants to the range. :)

The grips are really not as bad as you would think. If you have rough working hands it would be no big deal, I got the rubber Talons because my hands are "baby soft". Bad *** little carry gun though

I took my XD-S to the range today with the slightly larger, seven-round magazine. It is MUCH easier to shoot. We were shooting it at approximately 25 yards and doing OK.

If you have a XD-S, consider the optional seven-round magazine. It adds approximately one inch and gives you two additional rounds.

Peter

Hows the recoil in comparison to the G27?/ If anyone has both?? Just trying to get an idea.Still waiting for a Shield but this caught my attention.Thanks

Hows the recoil in comparison to the G27?/ If anyone has both?? Just trying to get an idea.Still waiting for a Shield but this caught my attention.Thanks

I had the G23 and would rather any day of the week shoot the XDS. The .40 S&W is too snappy compared to the .45. The .45 is a smoother recoil if that helps.

I had the G23 and would rather any day of the week shoot the XDS. The .40 S&W is too snappy compared to the .45. The .45 is a smoother recoil if that helps.

Really? I would think the "SMALL" 45 would have alot more recoil than the G23?? I can shoot the G27 no problem. If the Xds is similar then I'm going to get one. I see those all the time. Haven't saw a Shield in stock yet. Thanks

It was easy to find a XDS new in the shop with a few phone calls but when I go to shops I look in the 9mm case and they never have the Shield. If I do see one the guy at the counter usually says they sell the same day they come in were the XDS will sit for a couple days.

If you shoot the G27 and like it, you'll love the XDS. .357 SIG in the XDS would actually be the ultimate carry piece.

I have had 5 XD45 compacts (all double stack) 2 XD9SC and 1 XD40SC all were very nice guns no complaints. Also numerous other smaller carry pistols in compact to sub compact including Keltec PF9 and P11, S&W 6944, various Glocks in 19, 23, 26, 29 and 30, and 33 Taurus PT145, and tcp .380. But I have no experience yet with XDS, but hear they are great but hard to find. A single stack gun may not be very much thinner than their double stack cousins but it is noticeable when you carry so I get the appeal of this category. Personally I decided recently to go with the Kahr CW45 as a thin light weight single stack .45 ACP choice in this category. It has a longer grip than the XDS and its even more compact little brother the Kahr PM45, but I believe having my pinky on the grip to help with recoil is a worthwhile tradeoff on these powerful ultra light weight .45s, plus it gives you an extra round in the magazine for 6+1 instead of 5+1. Also I found out that you can use ACT-MAG brand 1911 magazines in the gun, the officer model 7 round magazine sits just about as flush as the factory 6 rounder with bump pad. and the 8 round magazines work well as a reload. (Warning I hear not all 1911 magazines will work in the Kahr) The Kahr has a sweet smooth DAO trigger. The CW series Kahr also costs substantially less giving good value for the money and its easier to find. It may be worth a look for those exploring this category. Good luck to everyone

I. A single stack gun may not be very much thinner than their double stack cousins but it is noticeable when you carry so I get the appeal of this category.

Funny. I like my G27 for carry. Think wtf is a big deal about less than a 1/4"?? But after handling a thinner gun there is a big difference if you IWB in the summer. Cooler times no worries I OWB because I like that better anyways.JMO

I got my XDS a few days ago and Pearce just released the mag extensions. I got them today so really anxious to shoot it with those. They really dont hurt concealability but gives a much better grip.

I ran 100 rounds of target ammo thru mine yesterday and had a few issues. Biggest one was half a dozen light strikes. Anyone else see that?

Also, my hand hurts!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top