JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i sold my XDS after it was having light primer strikes and multiple FTF and FTE. I sent it back to Springfield and they said they fixed it. When i got it back, i threw the same ammo that i usually shoot (PMC 230gr) and the same thing. I had enough and i sold it. Good luck with the gun.

I had to laugh watching this XDS review. 100% sexist, but great. I love the girl pointing the gun up in the air while doing a side kick! Love it on a video, not so much in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
allright. i got tired of reading all this stuff about the XDS, good and bad. read some reviews, saw a couple things on youtube. i'm generally not a "new" gun guy... my newest firearm is from the 80s... i like older things. but the XDS just seems so intriguing.

so i bought one. today. just a couple hours ago. walked into my local shop, they had one on the wall.

stopped at the range on the way home and put 70 rounds through it (all i had on me). 50 rounds of winchester FMJ, 20 rounds of speer hollow point. i like this little thing. could eventually be my new carry piece. so, so much lighter than my service size CZ i'm so fond of...

allright. i got tired of reading all this stuff about the XDS, good and bad. read some reviews, saw a couple things on youtube. i'm generally not a "new" gun guy... my newest firearm is from the 80s... i like older things. but the XDS just seems so intriguing.

so i bought one. today. just a couple hours ago. walked into my local shop, they had one on the wall.

stopped at the range on the way home and put 70 rounds through it (all i had on me). 50 rounds of winchester FMJ, 20 rounds of speer hollow point. i like this little thing. could eventually be my new carry piece. so, so much lighter than my service size CZ i'm so fond of...
Since the 80's huh?? Must be a good gun.

late 80s CZ 75... damn good gun, best i've ever owned.
i have "nicer", but nothing as reliable and accurate. i've had newer handguns but ended up selling or trading the off.

Just watched the Armslist Review of the Springfield XDs above. You're totally right of course, it's 100% sexist, but in a good way. I highly recommend taking the 4 minutes to watch it. It's a pleasant change from the usual uTube gun reviews.

I picked up an XDs a few weeks ago, and it's been a pleasure to shoot, so far not a single problem (knock on wood, I see that a few people have had multiple issues). Not sure yet about the fiber optic site, but I'm learning to like it more and more. I'm not a fan of the included holster, so am looking for a better carry rig.

Opened up the XDS I bought yesterday, cleaned it up... and put another ~150 rounds through it today. A couple boxes of greasy Tula steel cased FMJ, some mystery no-name surplus stuff I bought 10+ years ago, the rest factory loaded winchester.
All flawless, save for one round of the mystery surplus stuff.... that had no powder in it. seriously. none.

maybe my hands are a bit rough, but so far i've found no issues with the checkering; in fact i quite like it. if i have time this weekend i'll put more rounds through it and see how it does.

so far, it is a very fun little gun to shoot. i'm becoming a fan.

My XDS has about 500 rounds through but it doesn't like relaods. It will FTE. With factory ammo it's fine.
I was told by a gunsmith that he could solve my little problem for about $35 or send it in to SA and be without it for 6 weeks.

What reloads are you using? Mine seem to be ok (i think) once I adjusted the COL.
I've got about 200 rounds thru. Had some issues but you can't limp wrist it
Since that first issue mine is shooting great.

My XDS has about 500 rounds through but it doesn't like relaods. It will FTE. With factory ammo it's fine.
I was told by a gunsmith that he could solve my little problem for about $35 or send it in to SA and be without it for 6 weeks.

What is the problem??? $35 means to me just some labor of some sort??? Polish??

Sitting here with my XDs on my lap and a few hundred rounds through it, I can tell you that the rattle isn't an issue, nor is the recoil, grip or any other feature of the gun. If someone is saying that the gun is sub par, they either have too big of hands, too little handgun knowledge, or they're one of those "but, but, but, my (insert whatever gun) is sooooooooo much better because of X, Y, and Z" which has no bearing on the quality of the gun in question but rather their own biases. I shot a 1 inch three round group at 7 yards last time I took it out. The XDs is a pocket sized beast, no question about it.

Got my XDS late summer and have a few hundred rounds through it with no issues. I absolutely love this gun. Handles great and is a jewel to pack. It was well worth the long wait and has turned out to be my all time favorite gun.

What reloads are you using? Mine seem to be ok (i think) once I adjusted the COL.
I've got about 200 rounds thru. Had some issues but you can't limp wrist it
Since that first issue mine is shooting great.

I have been having issues with Freedom Munitions and was even worse with Washougal reloads. Factory ammo was fine though, not a single issue with about 200 rounds of them. Washougal reloads seemed to have issues at a rate of about 1-2 every mag and the Freedom reloads would have issues at about 5 for every 200 rounds.

maybe i've spent too many years swinging a hammer, but i don't seem to notice much recoil with my XDS.

shooting it one handed didn't have the quickest follow ups, but nothing that i'd consider bad. it really doesn't feel like any more kick or muzzle flip than my 4" .38spc.

the grips also fail to feel too textured. they're fine. again, maybe my hands are just leathery...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top