JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have not announced 9mm or 40 sw yet but the holster for mine is labeled XDS 45,9,40. Leads me to believe they are coming but I bet it won't be till next year.

There was one at Bob's in Longview earlier this week. Held it and gave it the once over, just didn't have the $519 they wanted for it. The two Ruger SR1911's and the M&P Shield in .40 depleted my gun money fund.

Mine shoots great. No failures at all and right on target at defense distances. I did see some impact changes using some hotter loaded 230 gr XTP's I loaded up. Those went 2-3 inches high. I guess I need to settle in a load.

I took my Bi-tone to the range this morning for the first time. It shot great and had decent groups with the few brands of ammo I tried. The recoil definitely gets your attention, but is not unmanageable. Here are my results with three different brands of FMJ that I tried. All shots were taken from the JCGC required 50 feet.

UMC 230gr FMJ
XDS range targets 006.jpg

American Eagle 230gr FMJ
XDS range targets 003.jpg

Magtech 230gr FMJ
XDS range targets 005.jpg

XDS range targets 006.jpg

XDS range targets 003.jpg

XDS range targets 005.jpg

I came across this posting and thought I'd put it here for those who own or are considering the XDs.
Springfield Armory XDs Pistol Update, by Pat Cascio - SurvivalBlog.com

Peter

Good info. Proper lubrication is essential when breaking in firearms. I was aware of the "issues" that some other folks were having before my range time. I did the clean and lube beforehand, and had no "issues" of my own to report.

If any other XD-S owners are having problems, please forward your firearms to yours truly for an extensive examination. I will gladly work out any bugs over the next several years, and get back to you with my results, in a timely manner.

My son has a new XDS I shot once: I am
"A bad-shot" period and got just 1
round on the paper, recoil was unbearable!! My son was making 1-3"
groups first box of ammo. His hands
showed No-Marks while mine had imprints deep enough to cast the grip.
I advised he Never-Ever have his sub 100 lb asian wife shoot it as she would
swear off all guns.

Some say it's just comfortable to carry
not to use. Rubbish! My son can use
it well but I don't carry any gun I can't
hit with and average guys need about
500 rounds to get there- I can't see putting anywhere near that thru that hand ripper. My son has close to 500 thru now.

If you can handle it, sure BUT I would BARROW one before purchasing and try it out. Unseen I would get a XD(m) compact 9mm or 40 because you are more likely to hit with the bigger grip and endure the recoil. Good luck.

Got a XD-40 sub-compact (not a M) and what a differance!
This as easy to shoot as my XD-40 5" Tactical and w/out
hurting my hands; not quit as thin and slightly heavier
but has 4 more shots AND takes my Tactical's 12 shot
Mags (.8" shorter too). My son still shoots better than me
with his XDS (darn). Try both-LOL.

Last Edited:
I just put another 100 trouble free FMJ through mine today and over 50 of three different brands of hollow points. That puts the total round count to over 450. Zero problems and the trigger is nice and smooth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top