JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thinking about trading the 9mm Shield for an XDS or just adding to the collection when I have more money. Looks likethe right carry gun for me over the 9mm.

I like them both. Love the .45acp round for self defense, but prefer the higher capacity of the Shield in 9mm.

They are both great guns with very few negatives(XDS-Grip safety, Shield-Safety), IMHO.

I just fired an xd40sc and a m&p 9c for the first time at the barons den. Myself and my friend found the xd waaay more enjoyable to shoot. Hope my shield i have ordered is 100% better than the m&p 9c...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I just fired an xd40sc and a m&p 9c for the first time at the barons den. Myself and my friend found the xd waaay more enjoyable to shoot. Hope my shield i have ordered is 100% better than the m&p 9c...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I have had the XD, XDM, Glock, M&P compact 9 and now currently own the M&P pro and a Shield 9. The best shooting gun of the bunch was XDM but the best (in my opinion) to carry and most comfortable to shoot was the S&W M&P compact and Shield.
I think I am going to go pick up an XDS today in the Bi-Tone and see how it works for me. Never know, you may see it here for sale.

Bought mine lastnight but still need to run a couple hundred rounds through it before I put it on my hip. Awsome shooter.
Extended mag is already in the mail from SA
F138683B-F47F-41C8-83BF-EBED380E0F4F-11923-000013E7A105A2DC.jpg

I bought mine on 7/19 from Fisherman's in Tigard, paid $519. Great weapon. Just under 1,000 rounds through it with no malfunction of any kind.
Light, thin, accurate, and reliable, suits me just fine and I carry it every where. Yes, I do like this big slug spewing little bastard. I have shot it once or twice a week since I purchased it because it is just plain fun.

Ran 200 cheap 230 grain ball ammo through it last night without a single hicup. Very odd shooting such a small .45.
Order the 7 round mag from SA yesterday and a set of Talon rubberized grips for it and my Shield. Still thinking I am going to get rid of the Shield though.

Are those the rubber Talon grips? And if so is it any better to shoot with them on?

I used to have the same Taurus model 85, kicked like crazy with hot .357 loads but nice little piece.

Are those the rubber Talon grips? And if so is it any better to shoot with them on?

I used to have the same Taurus model 85, kicked like crazy with hot .357 loads but nice little piece.

Yes, they make a sandpaper version and the tacky rubber one. I got the rubber one. I haven't shot the gun with them on but it feels much better in my hand. The grip checkering is a bit aggressive for extended shooting without gloves.

Yes, they make a sandpaper version and the tacky rubber one. I got the rubber one. I haven't shot the gun with them on but it feels much better in my hand. The grip checkering is a bit aggressive for extended shooting without gloves.

Thats funny I feel the same way. I have a pair of 511 gloves that I shoot the XDs with sometimes but I just added some Talon Rubber grips last night so I can put the gloves away. The only part that really bugs me on the grips is the front strap.
60F1EC6F-C1D6-4E22-A635-9F4142C50C28-15174-000018D4794E076D.jpg

you guys are jerks.
if you'd only said "they're terrible" i'd have been less tempted to buy one. now i've been avoiding my local gun shop in fear that they'll have one in stock and i'll be coming home with it. :winkkiss:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top