JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The crimson trace laser for the XDS was just released. I personally will be getting one soon for my XDS. What a great carry piece that will be...

Took XDs to range last week. Hd 2 light strikes and a host of issues with the 7round mag stove piping. Sent mag in for inspection and repair by Springfield (they paid for shipping). The CSR told me the light strikes which came in succession on 2 rounds of Remington UMC were a result of pistol not returning to full battery. Will shoot some dirty cheap ammo next trip and see if I get the same results.

Took XDs to range last week. Hd 2 light strikes and a host of issues with the 7round mag stove piping. Sent mag in for inspection and repair by Springfield (they paid for shipping). The CSR told me the light strikes which came in succession on 2 rounds of Remington UMC were a result of pistol not returning to full battery. Will shoot some dirty cheap ammo next trip and see if I get the same results.

What was the cause?? Why woulnd't it return to full battery??

I had the same issue- two rounds that didn't fire and neither one had any firing pin mark on the primer. This was during the break-in marathon while it was very dirty. I think it was an issue where the grime was keeping the gun from going fully into battery. Like yours, the rounds fired properly the second time around.

I have never had the issue since.

Good point. I hadn't cleaned mine since I bought it. Call me crazy, but I inspected it and wanted to see how it would operate right from factory. Not sure if that was my issue, if I have further issues, I will post here. Also installed Talon rubber grips and they make a nice barrier to the cheese grater texture of this pistol

I have had mine for about a week, but havnt shot it. Today I bought the seven round mag and noticed it had issues loading one in the chamber. The original mags dont have any issue. Again, I havnt shot it yet. Has anyone taken a seven round mag to the range? and if so, have they had any issues. I am sure this is just because I have not broke anything in yet???

Anyone know where I could find an XDs?? I've hit Keith's, Rapid Fire, and LEED's with no luck. Any suggestions?

I just got mine today from Fishermans at Delta Park. It was a lucky find as I called the other locations first and both had sold the day before I called. I tried them 1-2 weeks prior with the same thing (except none of the stores had them). The salesman told me they get them about every 2 weeks.

I have carried a two-tone XDs every day for the last two months. I have had the Crimson LaserGuard since the week they were released. I haven't had any issues it at all with either. I use Federal HST when I carry and PMC at the range. Not one failure so far with either round. So far, the laser has stayed true.

I have carried a two-tone XDs every day for the last two months. I have had the Crimson LaserGuard since the week they were released. I haven't had any issues it at all with either. I use Federal HST when I carry and PMC at the range. Not one failure so far with either round. So far, the laser has stayed true.

What model Crimson?? What holster fits it? Thanks

Just got back from the range and was able to put 50 rounds through my XDs. Results were great with the 5 round mag it came with. The gun felt smooth with recoil that was easily managed even without a magazine extension. At 7 yards I was grouping about 1.75" and for fun we sent the target to 25 yards and minus the two fliers kept the group within center mass (10 rounds). I had read a lot of people talk about the grip checkering being aggressive but didn't notice it at all (guess I should have waited on ordering the Talon grip covers).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top