JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wowzer, I guess he got one "Sooner" than the guy in the announcement. Watched the video on the WinPhone (Ultra High definition). Nice review, I noticed some differences from the full size I and the Warden shot last year (They gave us five rounds each, but I had my own factory ammo so we both shot a full magazine. These magazines seem better, I suspect better balance too. I'd like the Warden to handle one, but she says she has found her loves, Glocks 17 and 42, and is unwilling to contract gun fever.

So, has anybody seen one for sale, locally? Or is this one doomed to fail because the local shops proclaim them unsellable and refuse to stock them?

:s0128:. Thanks.

WAYNO

Last Edited:
I have only been to a couple of outlets, the guy at Tigard Bi-Mart guessed they might have them by the end of next week, but he has seen no invoice or other indication to back up his notion. He did offer to order one for me specific, I would not have to buy it if it did not pass my inspection.

I have only been to a couple of outlets, the guy at Tigard Bi-Mart guessed they might have them by the end of next week, but he has seen no invoice or other indication to back up his notion. He did offer to order one for me specific, I would not have to buy it if it did not pass my inspection.

I tried Bi-Mart today. I didn't see one. But, the handgun display was so piled with guns, and they were not lit, so if they had one I might've just missed it.:D

WAYNO.

Well low and behold they did show up on Davison's site. No way to hold it on the internet to see how it feels but I took the chance and ordered it $432 and I ordered 3 spare magazines as the powers to be have me a little gun shy. I am not a 9MM fan, but hey any port in a storm they say. I should have bought a GP-100, but there will be time for that.

Well low and behold they did show up on Davison's site. No way to hold it on the internet to see how it feels but I took the chance and ordered it $432 and I ordered 3 spare magazines as the powers to be have me a little gun shy. I am not a 9MM fan, but hey any port in a storm they say. I should have bought a GP-100, but there will be time for that.

Too bad the local dealers just will not step up and stock some things that some of us might buy. So, we're forced to deal with the big dealers and distributors back east.

Bud's, Tombstone, and the other "regular" on-line dealers are already selling these. So when the dealers out here struggle to stay in business, they bring some of it on themselves.

WAYNO.

I had tried Davidson's Saturday and they were all allocated, today on the model I wanted (hi cap magazines and no safety) it said "0" were available, but when I clicked choose the next page come up and said they had 15...the rest is history

I did pick up my new Ruger American Compact pistol, 9 MM, with three more high capacity magazines. It came with a short 12 round and one 17 round magazine. Then I ordered six of the extension sleeves from Shop Ruger, and I will order three more magazines from Gun Mag Warehouse. I will have six high capacity magazines to take to the range......and in case Miss Kate gets froggy.

I did pick up my new Ruger American Compact pistol, 9 MM, with three more high capacity magazines. It came with a short 12 round and one 17 round magazine. Then I ordered six of the extension sleeves from Shop Ruger, and I will order three more magazines from Gun Mag Warehouse. I will have six high capacity magazines to take to the range......and in case Miss Kate gets froggy.

Have you found a quality dedicated holster?

Have you found a quality dedicated holster?
I have not looked yet, but I believe I saw a email from Alien Gear and they have a dedicated kydex shell for it. I have a Cloak Mod OWB holster for my G-29 and another for my XD45 Mod 2. I am happy with them and they would hold up to range use, inexpensive relatively, so that will likely be my choice. Crossbreed might have them too. I have IWB holsters from both those makers and they are both good, I just don't like IWB personally.

I do not take Alien Gear, Kydex, Crossbreed, or any IWB product seriously. It might be fine for somebody that doesn't move around much, but for an active person, NONE of this stuff carries a gun securely enough for my needs.

There are a few high quality OWB holsters with retention devices available for the full size American Pistol. To me, however, carrying a compact version in a holster designed for the full size version just defeats the purpose of the compact version. So as is too often, I'll have to wait for somebody to make a holster.

WAYNO.

And, since I posted this morning, my American Compact Pistol that I ordered online has arrived at my FFL and I have it in my hot little hands.:D Too bad the local gunshops don't seem to want to make these sales.:confused:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads