JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I have some ideas of how we can curb homelessness.

1: $1500 fine to any motorist who gives to panhandlers while driving on a public roadway. $1200 for pedestrians who give to panhandlers from a public right of way. Allow parking lot owners to put up signs declaring their lot is a no panhandle zone. Impose the same fines.

2: Limit use of Narcan to accidental exposures.

3: Start a transportation company that makes several free trips to Seattle every day. Pays for itself by taking FedEx smartpost packages from Seattle to wherever.

Use the "Progressive" method...change the terminology.

"Homeless" is branded as too judgmental and becomes "Differently Homed" and
"Homelessness" becomes a more sensitive "Urban Camping Enabled".

See? Problem solved, No more homeless!:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I think I have some ideas of how we can curb homelessness.

1: $1500 fine to any motorist who gives to panhandlers while driving on a public roadway. $1200 for pedestrians who give to panhandlers from a public right of way. Allow parking lot owners to put up signs declaring their lot is a no panhandle zone. Impose the same fines.

2: Limit use of Narcan to accidental exposures.

3: Start a transportation company that makes several free trips to Seattle every day. Pays for itself by taking FedEx smartpost packages from Seattle to wherever.

I would add:

Use of sub-sonic .22LR and a can... bee stings.

Kerosene w/ ignition source to clean out & disinfect all those "Dignity Villages".

I would add:

Use of sub-sonic .22LR and a can... bee stings.

Kerosene w/ ignition source to clean out & disinfect all those "Dignity Villages".
I guess this is more closely aligned with where my thoughts go. It'd be sad to exterminate the ones who really are incapable of managing themselves. But, in reality, it's the only way the problem would ever go away.

So yeah, the problem is here to stay. But we could still ticket the aholes that turn it into a lucrative career for them.

Albany, OR has a rather strict rule. "No camping" on any city property, roadway, sidewalk, nor public property :rolleyes:

Also, $500 fine or so for "transfer of property or money from motorist to pedestrian" on signs at some major intersections.

Edit; I know, its not what you do, its what you get caught doing :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That said.... heres how I think it could work... make them colonists in a new area... say one that sees yearround sun and heat.. one that takes a dim view of gringos.... Mexico?
Edit 2. For sure it'll force Mexico Govt to at least get serious about their people getting into America :cool:

Despite the fact that they largely are not positively contributing to society.. they still are people . And last I heard... differing people are still protected by the same Constitution .

Let us be realistic.
We have always had problems with people who cannot, or will not, maintain a safe shelter/life for themselves.
Let us consider this.
every person, has the natural rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness .

Shall we deny them their lives and their liberties?

Nay. I propose we form up a new system. Take away the private security firm contracts, and bus them to every Democrat Politicians mansions, property, office space and let them camp out there. Surely this would light a fire under the Politicians to actually do something about this. Maybe we should return to the ancient philosophy of no public owned property, and allow them to homestead in places formerly known as National Forests; Wildlife Refuges, and so on?
[/B]

Just to clarify here, we're not referring to those truly in need that want to get off the street as soon as humanly possible. Of course we want to help them out. We are referring to the professional bums, slackers and addicts who have decided to make a lifestyle out of vagrancy and street life, which seem to be the overwhelming majority of "homeless" these days.

Make portland a "Drug Free Zone"
I will say there's enough bleeding into Vanc already. What ever Portland can do to keep them in their city is fine with me:D

Here in Vanc instead of building that 4 mil plus homeless daycare center we could hand out pamphlets describing the great portland shelters and programs along with bus tickets to them.

Here in Vanc instead of building that 4 mil plus homeless daycare center we could hand out pamphlets describing the great portland shelters and programs along with bus tickets to them.
Well being it's almost winter, we should just send them somewhere warm and happy, like Disney. One way ticket and a bag lunch. Once they get there the Mouse can handle the rest.

Albany, OR has a rather strict rule. "No camping" on any city property, roadway, sidewalk, nor public property :rolleyes:

So does Portland. Unfortunately Portland's Chity Council will not allow the police to enforce the laws. The same band of worthless phucks won't allow the Mayor to take control of the protesters.
Read this backwards, Portland offers freedom from harassment if you want to trash the city, either by living on the sidewalk and collecting a huge pile of garbage to be left when you move to the next block, or if you want to be an anarchist and smash, burn, trash the town....

I do not pick up Willamette Week. If I did I would use if for fire starting, but I did read an online article and the "author" for WW said that the problem at the protests was right wing protesters looking for bloodshed.
Jesus bubbleguming Christ! Start a protest, invite your anarchist friends, then blame it on another group that wasn't even present.

Yup, WW and the City Council of Portland... This is where the fire needs to start.

ECD7AF42-BEB0-4E92-9777-E2ED06130D50.jpeg

Problem solved.

Tell ya one dan theen.

I just returned from a few days in New Orleans. Portland/Seattle/San Francisco has met its match. So far, I'd only seen New Orleans from TV, with all its quaint-ness and its party atmosphere. In person it is an absolute crap-hole and I choose to never return to there. A city Portland could be proud of.

I think this chosen-homeless lifestyle is absolutely out of control everywhere. And it looks to be very much encouraged, everywhere.:confused: I say chosen-homeless, as I'm not speaking of those who are down on their luck and are trying to get back on their feet.

And I'm sorry. For those who blame their homeless epidemic on everybody else, I don't necessarily agree. Vancouver for example... Who's to say it didn't start in Vancouver and move to Portland? Vancouver is a much older town than Portland, and it's actually Vancouver that has expanded across the river. I rent a small office in Vancouver, and Vancouver is every bit as scary and disgusting as Portland. Only trying to make a point here. If we bury our heads in the sand, we'll eventually run out of air.

Last Edited:
All those helping nonprofits need to make money some how.

Homeless are a good business.

Reinstitionalization. There are folks who never, no matter what anyone does, be able to live in society. Ever.

For those whom are, then one, and only one free ticket.

Take away all of the grants and put all of the donations into reinstititionalizing.

Shut down all of the current "feel good" programs.

Turn welfare back into workfare.

...never happen.

A loooong time ago when I was young, Las Vegas had a vagrant law. Every so often the cops would do a sweep and round up all the bums and take them down to the court house. The judge would offer to drop the charges if they would accept a free one way bus ticket to sunny California. The cops would then transport them to the bus station and put em on a bus. Problem solved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top