JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just to clarify here, we're not referring to those truly in need that want to get off the street as soon as humanly possible. Of course we want to help them out. We are referring to the professional bums, slackers and addicts who have decided to make a lifestyle out of vagrancy and street life, which seem to be the overwhelming majority of "homeless" these days.

Yes. The lady with a child who needs shelter, help her out. The guy who lost his job at the Chevy plant and got taken to the cleaners in a divorce, help him.

The azzhat that panhandles on the corner of Pacific Ave and Fones Rd who actually has an F150 parked at the Albertsons and has a Costco Membership, No.

The people who sleep in the doorways of businesses rather than take help being offered to them? No. Especially when the bleeding hearts boycott the busness for trespassing said bums....

We dont need more religious organization owned shelters. We do need more secular shelters that does not discriminate on the basis of whatever makes more sense than what the extremist left wants. :rolleyes:

By that, Im talking about the LBTQ+ABC123 whatever :rolleyes: and yes I agree that some people cannot be ethically helped. I am against the idea of "safe injection zones", as well as the idea of "every space accessible to the public is ok" for people to camp on. That is why I am no large fan of "public property". On the other hand, public lands are great for hunters, sportsmens, recreational activists who otherwise cannot afford to pay leases or pay for the right to hunt on other peoples property... but at the same time, privatizing some of the properties would go a long way towards better wildlife management and forest managements.... making parts of National Forests into State Forest is OK with me... as well as making parts into private property and allow the people to stake claims on parcels for themselves.. even if it means it turns into hobo camps and the like...

Put them to work, that will scare them away. I keep seeing stories about homeless shelters on the nightly news and how they need volunteers to help staff them. Why on earth do none of the able bodied homeless volunteer to help? They show up like royalty and expect everyone to serve them while offering society nothing in return.

Allow parking lot owners to put up signs declaring their lot is a no panhandle zone. Impose the same fines.

The property owners would have to grow a set of balls and actually do this and enforce it. The local shopping center in Forest Grove is a gauntlet of panhandlers, dope dealers and scum. At 10 am the wife sends me there to get donuts for the store employees. I walk out with 2 dozen donuts and not even three steps out the door, some scumazz asks for a donut and money. "Get the f away from me azzhole" is my friendly reply. I walk to the car and see 2 dope deals going down.

6 hours later we go back to the same complex to pickup some Nijna take out. Wife goes in the store, I back up to have a good view of the short distance she has to walk. I see two dope deals happen in less than 4 minutes with two different slingers. As she exits the store, I am out of the truck, messing with my wipers as she comes across the parking lot and some slinger on a bike rides by her, while she gives him the get f scowl.

All this in less than 8 minutes. I am not faulting LE here at all, I am faulting the sackless property owners who will not clean their places up. Of course having the local bottle drop ATM and two of the scummiest bars in here does not help either.

The property owners would have to grow a set of balls and actually do this and enforce it. The local shopping center in Forest Grove is a gauntlet of panhandlers, dope dealers and scum. At 10 am the wife sends me there to get donuts for the store employees. I walk out with 2 dozen donuts and not even three steps out the door, some scumazz asks for a donut and money. "Get the f away from me azzhole" is my friendly reply. I walk to the car and see 2 dope deals going down.

6 hours later we go back to the same complex to pickup some Nijna take out. Wife goes in the store, I back up to have a good view of the short distance she has to walk. I see two dope deals happen in less than 4 minutes with two different slingers. As she exits the store, I am out of the truck, messing with my wipers as she comes across the parking lot and some slinger on a bike rides by her, while she gives him the get f scowl.

All this in less than 8 minutes. I am not faulting LE here at all, I am faulting the sackless property owners who will not clean their places up. Of course having the local bottle drop ATM and two of the scummiest bars in here does not help either.
Wow. Sounds like that area needs a group size blanket party.

Put them to work, that will scare them away. I keep seeing stories about homeless shelters on the nightly news and how they need volunteers to help staff them. Why on earth do none of the able bodied homeless volunteer to help? They show up like royalty and expect everyone to serve them while offering society nothing in return.

This. One of the local churchs had a good outreach and fed and provided housing in a strip mall where they were located. This went on one year ok, then the next year, the word got around and they were swamped with homeless (maybe) others looking for all the free sh*t.

They started having to eject disruptives, there were prostitution arrests, drug dealing arrests in the parking lot. The crowds started lining up at 2 pm for a 7 pm opening. They were sh*tting in the shrub beds, pissing of the walls in the alley, throwing trash all over. The other tenants in the mall had enough of this, asked the property owner to deal with it and he did not. So they started holding back 1/2 of the commercial rents on the advice of an attorney and the scum lord finally went to the church and said stop this or you are gone.

The church ended up moving to another location, the outreach went to another church uptown, so the problem went up town. I am a trustee of a building adjacent to this church and have to eject scumbags from our porches a couple times a week. No real solution in sight however.

The biggest problem to homelessness is there is no solution.
The majority are mentally ill in some fashion and can never be a positive member of society.
They ruined any option once they started closing all the mental institutions in the west.
Their only option is being locked up.
Oregon and most places doesn't have the money or the stomach to do so.
The rest of the people are drug addicts and complete degenerates that are probably worse than the mentally ill.

Their only salvation is the other side of the lawn.

I'd like to see a reporter go down and interview a bunch of them and see if they actually are from around here or were just drawn in by the accommodating "community". I bet there's not many locals.

I'd like to see a reporter go down and interview a bunch of them and see if they actually are from around here or were just drawn in by the accommodating "community". I bet there's not many locals.
Homeless people in other cities got one-way bus tickets to Portland

Yup. Many of them were bused in from other places.. even Portland is planning to relocate some to Seattle and other places :rolleyes:
Portland begins sending homeless people to other cities, including Seattle

Homeless people in other cities got one-way bus tickets to Portland

Yup. Many of them were bused in from other places.. even Portland is planning to relocate some to Seattle and other places :rolleyes:
Portland begins sending homeless people to other cities, including Seattle

All the cops on the west side of Portland play this game too. They get free bus / train tickets, and when they have contact with some of these clowns for a crime or being obnoxious in public they give them the option of getting arrested and doing the time or penalty, or taking the free train / bus ticket and not show their face in town again for a month or they will be arrested on the previous crime.

Moves them to another town (s) for a period of time, they eventually show back up because the cops in the other town are doing the same thing.

Listen I feel for the guy or family that lost a job got behind in bills and can't catch up and is living in a car .
BUT THE FACT IS 90 OR 99% OF THESE SO CALLED HOMELESS.
are right where they want to be on the street .
Basically untracked .so they can commit crimes steal your stuff to get money for drugs.
Most don't want help they just want more drugs.
That's it they just Love there tent and there needle .and the city of Seattle is trying really hard to make it easier for them to do this.
Even want a nice warm spot for them to shoot up.
They call it a "safe injection site"

I haven't talked to any of them around here but when I used to work in the technology industry, I had to spend a week every year in San Francisco for Semicon West, SF has 30,000-40,000 "homeless" and non of the ones I talked to were from San Francisco. The city is very accommodating to them, drugs are plentiful, the weather is decent and there is a never ending stream of tourists that give them handouts. A year or two ago, the idiots that run the city of Davis, CA were proposing a special parcel tax to be payed by property owners for "homeless services" yes people are that stupid.

I said it before and I will say it again DON'T GO TO SEATTLE .
IT'S NOT SAFE AND THE SEATTLE CITY COUNCIL WILL NOT HELP YOU .
IT Should be considered a third world country.
Or ZOMBIE LAND .
THAT LADY WAS ATTACHED ON THE 14 FLOOR OF THE WESTIN HOTEL.
That is a nice hotel in down town Seattle

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads