JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trigger locks? It's that a local requirement? Never seen it done anywhere in the state. Sounds like more commie kate bs.

I believe a gun case is appropriate too. If it's too tough to come up with a lock/case, a person free to go to several other places, some maybe even closer, that won't require a lock and be happy to take your $40.00-$50.00-$60.00 for the transfer.

Lock, Schmock! I've got a box of them around here somewhere. Every time a person buys a new handgun they get a lock.

I believe a gun case is appropriate too. If it's too tough to come up with a lock/case, a person free to go to several other places, some maybe even closer, that won't require a lock and be happy to take your $40.00-$50.00-$60.00 for the transfer.

Lock, Schmock! I've got a box of them around here somewhere. Every time a person buys a new handgun they get a lock.
$40 for a transfer!?!? Good Lord! My LGS does their transfers for $20. No trigger lock BS required.

I always have a bag with me anyways. Don't need the world to see what I just picked up. Never know when you'll need a new gun!

$40 for a transfer!?!? Good Lord! My LGS does their transfers for $20. No trigger lock BS required.

I always have a bag with me anyways. Don't need the world to see what I just picked up. Never know when you'll need a new gun!

Hold on to your shorts! There's something else about Tigard Pawn!.......If you're the seller you need to pay them $2.00 to make a copy of your DL, or make the copy yourself and bring it into them! WHOOAAA!! Quirky! :s0155:

To answer the question in your original post, I just did what you're asking. I purchased a firearm (Scar17s - suck it Gavin Newsom) from Northwest Armory, and was able to complete the background check and purchase with 1) My California Driver's license 2) Valid, non-expired US Passport and 3) a government document showing my Oregon address. In my case, I used the property tax bill for the house we bought in Oregon.

Walked out of the store with the rifle same day. It was like a dream, but it was real.

Hold on to your shorts! There's something else about Tigard Pawn!.......If you're the seller you need to pay them $2.00 to make a copy of your DL, or make the copy yourself and bring it into them! WHOOAAA!! Quirky! :s0155:
Yeah, nope! I doubt they even would read my CC that says "See ID" yet make me jump through all that garbage. That place is still 3+ hours from me so I'll console myself with my local machine gun dealer.

Congrats on the Scar, cochese!

You can purchase a firearm up here with a out of state driver license that is not expired. But you will have to have proof that you reside in Oregon, which would be something from the feds or state. Like a letter from IRS with your new address, or car registration or voter registration card. With this combination of your valid photo ID and a federal or state document with your Oregon address, you can purchase in Oregon.

Or of course wait for your Oregon DL, which will have both criterias on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top