JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently received an SKS. Went out shootin it the other day and the firing pin broke in half. The retaining pin is a MOFO to get out. Need to get another firing pin but don't know what this rifle is. Its chinese, i know that much LOL.....Pics incoming in about 5 minutes....

Here it is.....

20240221_160544.jpg 20240221_160530.jpg 20240221_160427.jpg 20240221_160442.jpg 20240221_160503.jpg 20240221_160504.jpg

That's all you need to know that it's Chinese. If you have an anvil with a hole on the flat, that will work for removing the FP retainer. I have an extra used Chinese FP if interested. Nice looking weapon. PAX

That's all you need to know that it's Chinese. If you have an anvil with a hole on the flat, that will work for removing the FP retainer. I have an extra used Chinese FP if interested. Nice looking weapon. PAX
AWESOME!!! Just got the rest of the pin out. What a pain in the a55.......I'm interested in the FP

20240221_164126.jpg

So looking at the pics closely, it looks like it says 26. Is that a type? I know about type 56's but I don't know how to identify the "type" of rifle

4. JIANSHE ARSENAL. Aka factory 26.
China did not have a long history of firearms manufacturing. The oldest factory was Jianshe and it was built in 1889 during the Imperial Dynasty in the city of Chongqing.

Prior to the arrival of the SKS in 1956, Jianshe was producing bolt action rifles.

By the 60s, Jianshe became the largest SKS producer. China decided to further expand production by adding more factories. The majority of these factories were small and they were scattered throughout the country to aid the local economies. I'm not quite sure how many factories were actually built but probably far less than the 150 known factory codes. Most of these factories used more than one code.

There are numerous variations of SKS rifles, not only Soviet, Chinese, Yugoslavian, Romanian, Albanian, East German, North Korean, and NVA, but variations within those nationalities, especially Chinese, who also made commercial models for export.

Yours is an early military model, with a blade bayonet and milled trigger guard, a very nice specimen.

I'm not a collector, but I've had a few of them over the years. One of my very first surplus rifles back in the late '80s was a beat up old SKS from a garage sale. I wish I could have kept the nice Russian SKS I had, but I needed money more at the time.

The 3 Chinese characters to the right of arsenal /26\ say "type 56." I also have a NEW 2 piece Murray FP if you want. I have a couple of each flavor including 9 Paratroopers, but none of the Holy Trinity, East German, North Korean or NVA. PAX
sks-rack.jpg DSCN0284.jpg 3-sks-001.jpg 002.jpg
new-arrivals-001.jpg 001.jpg Cowboy-Companion-001.jpg romy1-003.jpg para-blade1.jpg stealth-para.jpg ksl-paratrooper-001.jpg T6-para-002.jpg 70-alby1.jpg

Last Edited:
There are numerous variations of SKS rifles, not only Soviet, Chinese, Yugoslavian, Romanian, Albanian, East German, North Korean, and NVA, but variations within those nationalities, especially Chinese, who also made commercial models for export.

Yours is an early military model, with a blade bayonet and milled trigger guard, a very nice specimen.

I'm not a collector, but I've had a few of them over the years. One of my very first surplus rifles back in the late '80s was a beat up old SKS from a garage sale. I wish I could have kept the nice Russian SKS I had, but I needed money more at the time.

I have a Norinco SKS but I it seems magazines are specific. I'm in WA and trying to find 5 or 10 rnd magazine, but I've bought 2 and neither fit. What do I need to look for to find the right fit. Also, interested in wood stock to replace folding stock as needed. Thanks for any help.

I have a Norinco SKS but I it seems magazines are specific. I'm in WA and trying to find 5 or 10 rnd magazine, but I've bought 2 and neither fit. What do I need to look for to find the right fit. Also, interested in wood stock to replace folding stock as needed. Thanks for any help.
Let's see those mags. I have a 5 rounder, flush & metal. that works good. There are some metal units stamped "MADE IN CHINA" that have had issues,
I have quite a few in varying condition. Need to know what barrel type you have, threaded or pinned. PAX

001.jpg

Last Edited:
I prefer the original non-detachable ten round magazines. They're the most reliable. They're also not cheap if you can find them. I helped a friend find one a while back and it was $80.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top