JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
And of course my question is: What do I need to do before I can purchase a rifle here in Oregon? I am legal to buy in California and passed multiple back-round checks, but I have officially moved here and have a job as well.

I also looked for other threads but couldn't find that specific answer.

Things are much less strict here. In California, all sales, including sales from one private party to another, have to go through a FFL. That isn't true here. You can buy any firearm, even a handgun but not including NFA (full auto) firearms, face to face from another Oregonian with no paperwork. If you buy from a store you have to fill out a Form 4473 but there is no 10-day waiting period. After you pass the instant background check you can take your new purchase home immediately.

Almost everything you had to put up with in California you no longer have to put up with, and everything you couldn't have in California you can now get.

Welcome to Free America!

Hahahahaha! I already have a better job and make more money and now I get to have gun rights too. I already read through the drivers manual I just have to go down and do it. Thank you!

no problem, I couldn't wait to leave. 34 years of California is enough for me. I've been waiting to buy a real rifle for a long time.

I moved here Feb of last year from CA. I don't miss - a n y t h i n g - My gun collection and trigger time has increased ten fold. I as well have a better job (right off the bat!) than I could find in CA.

Things are much less strict here. In California, all sales, including sales from one private party to another, have to go through a FFL. That isn't true here. You can buy any firearm, even a handgun but not including NFA (full auto) firearms, face to face from another Oregonian with no paperwork. If you buy from a store you have to fill out a Form 4473 but there is no 10-day waiting period. After you pass the instant background check you can take your new purchase home immediately.

Almost everything you had to put up with in California you no longer have to put up with, and everything you couldn't have in California you can now get.

Welcome to Free America!

That's actually not correct. 50+ year old long guns can be sold directly in California, at least until January 2013.

That's actually not correct. 50+ year old long guns can be sold directly in California, at least until January 2013.

Yes, I know that. I didn't include that one esoteric, narrow exception to avoid needless complexity in my post, especially since the OP no longer lives in California and that narrow, esoteric exception is now irrelevant to him.

If I started detailing all of the complexity of California gun laws all of my posts would be 5,000 words long. :winkkiss:

Hahahahaha! I already have a better job and make more money and now I get to have gun rights too. I already read through the drivers manual I just have to go down and do it. Thank you!

Moved from CA to WA, doing the same work in a home office on the same paycheck. Gave myself a nice payrise. :)

Did you find many differences in the driver's manuals between the states? It might be worth for me checking it out. :)

Welcome to America, Glock Jock. Your first order of business should be to get some standard capacity mags for the Glocks you already own. Next, buy a modern sporting rifle with a menacing bayonet lug and an honest to goodness detachable magazine.

The drivers manual has a couple differences but nothing you can't figure out.

And I have started an AK-47 fund for myself I honestly can't wait to get one. Luckily I should be getting plenty of OT so picking one up shouldn't be a problem. Anybody know of some good shops that would sell the Century P.A.P. Yugo AK? Would love to see one!

I moved out of California to Washington State back in 1998 and couldn't be happier. I was able to get a pistol with a magazine that held more than 10 rounds in WA. I had only had a revolver when I lived in California.

So you're one of those guys huh? Thanks for mucking up our housing and apartment rates and taking our jobs!

haha, just kidding you.

The first thing you need to do is go buy yourself a gosh-danged 30 round stick for your Glock! Wooh Boy!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top