JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Welcome and enjoy the ribbing. Own it and move on to establish yourself as an Oregonian. Most people here are CA refugees anyway (also part of the problem...)

I moved around lots growing up including Bay Area, Fresno, and LA area. Although I was born in Illinois I consider myself "from" LA... I'm a SoCal apologist, and will always love LA but could never move back. The only CA I show is a Dodger cap (until Portland gets an MLB team).

I agree with the previous person who said Sacto is not as bad... the whole Central Valley is relatively conservative. I secretly like Sacto as a city (but not the politics- my wife and her family are from there)

Transplant... ^
LoL JK
Guess you think I'm making it up ...
Should California, Oregon and Washington join ... - The Seattle Times
The #calexit movement, formed in response to Donald Trump winning the presidential election, has enveloped California's West Coast neighbors and spiritual counterparts, Washington and Oregon. The three Pacific Coast states overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton. She received 55 percent of the vote in Washington, 62 percent in California and 52 percent in Oregon.

Haha, Sacramento was a decent guns aren't the devil type of town. Anything south of Sac was a completely different story. But I'm loving this Texas living and so funny @Caveman Jim gave me such a hard time about the heat here. How's that 109 treating u Jim, it's a whooping 88 here ;)
Beg to differ. I grew up in Stockton, which is south of Sacramento. That statement doesn't apply to any of the valley towns clear on down to Bakersfield. It's all conservative farmers and ranchers, or at least it was at one time.

^this guy is our favorite from California.

We just like to gripe about things, so take everything with a grain of salt.

^this guy is our favorite from California.

We just like to gripe about things, so take everything with a grain of salt.

I was born in Portland, moved to Sacramento in Dec. '82, then to CT in May '93 & back to Portland in Dec '12 when I retired. I only visited Portland a few times in the 30 years I was gone so once I saw how much the place had changed I was shocked. When I left my friend was building a lot of custom homes in Gresham but now it's gang central.

I moved to McMinnville in May & talked to an 'old timer' who said in the last 20 years the population has doubled (now 35k) and the percentage of Liberals has gone from 10% to about 50%. Approximately 2 years ago McMinnville enacted the absurd ordinance that in order to carry open you're required to have a CHL. I'm not surprised Portland & some other towns have it but here? Just more proof the Libtards are gaining on us.

I had a plan in place that if Hillary won I'd have sold all of my firearms & moved to Panama. They offer big incentives for retirees to move there & you can easily live on $2000 / month if you move about 3 hrs north of Panama City. English is widely spoken, they use the US dollar & the US Mint actually makes their coins.

I am also a Cali refugee, but I rarely peep up because I am ashamed of my heritage. Born in the "Silicon Valley." So lucky! I can live in utopia forever. I hate that place.

Being from Cali, as a conservative, gives you a perspective very little ever have. I imagine it is like living in North Korea and then escaping. The only people TRYING to move to California are leftists, or want leftist policies enacted because it means they get to take over the place. California is like the holy land for the insanely left. California now even has elections where democrats run against democrats because bubblegum even putting an R on the ballot.

Insane down there, but only a few short years later and I can see the Cali idiots ruining it up here. I am not talking about the center-right folks moving up here for the right reasons. I mean the left idiots escaping the high prices of Cali and bringing their insane left ideas up here.

Ok, my blood pressure is up too high.

Welcome to the little bit of freedom. If you want it to last another 3 years, start voting and voting often.

No idea what you're talking about ... get the impression you don't either.
Google search The Great State of Cascadia... that "Northern California" bit is actually The Great State of Jefferson. If you want to see a map, it looks a lot like Old Oregon Territory.

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Google search The Great State of Cascadia... that "Northern California" bit is actually The Great State of Jefferson. If you want to see a map, it looks a lot like Old Oregon Territory.

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Not sure what 'Northern California' bit you're referring to - I replied to another's opinion about building a wall referencing a post election article about the topic from the Seattle Times - which had over 1,000 comments, a large response.
It's pretty obvious isn't it - left coast bastions, all 6 senators are ultra liberal, SF, Pdx, Sea, plus Sacto, Salem and Olympia urban/political centers dictating policy.

In regards to your 'transplant' remark - I moved to Oregon in the 1970s, over 40 years ago. Married to a native for 30 years. I got over it - you should too.

Last Edited:
I'm referring to the Great State of Jefferson. However It seems to be Northern California to you and a lot of others, so I'll suggest that as a reference to where it's located.
I'm also stating that secession is not a new concept around these parts, so you really shouldn't be all that surprised.
If utilitarianism isn't your cup of tea, maybe parliament would be.

I'm sorry if you were offended that I pointed out that you're not from Oregon. I did suggest it as a joke, which I think I stated in that post. Although maybe you should consider the irony of being from another state, immigrating here, and then making declarations of establishing a border wall.

I'm pretty well over it, but I can still enjoy some teasing here and there.

You guys do realize this is a 5 YEAR old thread right? And the OP is still an active member here?

Since this thread has gone so far off topic and is no longer a "Welcome" thread to the OP, thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads