JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always glad to have new gun owners in the community. Many are those that were either anti gun or just scared of guns but have been forced to change their views due the reality of growing crime. Hopefully they realize that voting for anti gun politicians has only made things worse.

Why there has been a news blackout on the WA ten round mag legislation.

They only report what will further their cause.

Many gun owners have no clue what is going on or think it already is law.

Hopefully they realize that voting for anti gun politicians has only made things worse
This is anecdotal, of course, but just based on my experience speaking with a number of left-leaning acquaintances who own firearms, I don't think this is a likely outcome. Nearly every single one of these acquaintances (most of which are very new gun-owners, who bought their first firearm during the Trump presidency) have stated that gun politics are pretty low on their priority list when it comes to voting for candidates.

I think what is more likely to happen (or at least I hope so) is that as we see more gun ownership among the left-leaning portion of our nation's population we will see a reduction in anti-gun rhetoric from moderate liberal politicians and groups. I personally don't think there's any hope of seeing any kind of reform on gun control legislation from the hard-left contingent of our government though, at least not without drastic changes to the political landscape.

It's hard enough to get long time, multiple firearms owners involved or to take gun rights seriously. New left leaning gun owners still want to be a "good" person. Most people don't have their eyes open until something happens or almost happens.

I see an adjustment period where new owners haven't figured out the 2A's importance or power. There could be a lot of negligence as the blind lead the blind. I was lucky to get some mentorship in my journey.

This is anecdotal, of course, but just based on my experience speaking with a number of left-leaning acquaintances who own firearms, I don't think this is a likely outcome. Nearly every single one of these acquaintances (most of which are very new gun-owners, who bought their first firearm during the Trump presidency) have stated that gun politics are pretty low on their priority list when it comes to voting for candidates.

I think what is more likely to happen (or at least I hope so) is that as we see more gun ownership among the left-leaning portion of our nation's population we will see a reduction in anti-gun rhetoric from moderate liberal politicians and groups. I personally don't think there's any hope of seeing any kind of reform on gun control legislation from the hard-left contingent of our government though, at least not without drastic changes to the political landscape.
^^^100%

It might militate some of the anti-gun middle left, but the anti-gun far left is radicalized beyond help.

My five closest firearm owners are friends and family.

Four of them I highly doubt wrote their legislatures on this deal, one for sure did.

I feel that these long timers are broken down this way

1 definantly did write in.

1 too lazy to actually do any research on it but wants to bubblegum

1 tired of fighting the fight and will just not comply

1 too busy and would rather bubblegum about it and doesn't care

1 is finishing up a 2 week vacation in Mexico

I am not bashing anybody, they have been hearing this shizz their entire life.

My five closest firearm owners are friends and family.

Four of them I highly doubt wrote their legislatures on this deal, one for sure did.

I feel that these long timers are broken down this way

1 definantly did write in.

1 too lazy to actually do any research on it but wants to bubblegum

1 tired of fighting the fight and will just not comply

1 too busy and would rather bubblegum about it and doesn't care

1 is finishing up a 2 week vacation in Mexico

I am not bashing anybody, they have been hearing this shizz their entire life.
Jay , you are correct. we 2A supporters in Washington are always fighting for our rights because too may gun owners do not vote or write their legislators. We in King county/Seattle suburbs will always be out voted. If more gun owners, conservatives and libertarian leaning people voted we would might have fewer democrats in the legislature which would make passing these stupid laws harder

That author nailed it! Best quote of that article:
When you lack curiosity about why someone would enjoy anything that is different from what your experiences are, no matter what the issue may be, it is easy to demonize it...
Nice to see proper journalism for once instead of propaganda.

I'm a recent firearm owner and I believe I have a duty to protect the 2nd Amendment not only for my fellow 2A supporters and any future 2A supporters or people on the fence. It blows my mind the legislation (mag ban, rifle ban, ghost guns) that is being pushed through and the blind will follow the blind. Some of the Legislation is so poorly written and I don't believe even the politicians who proposed realize the detrimental effects it can and will have on current gun owners and future gun owners. I've turned into a single-issue voter as I do not believe either party has the capacity to correctly lead this country united. I will continue to support the 2nd Amendment and that means emailing/calling my representatives!

Welcome to the forum !
It blows my mind the legislation (mag ban, rifle ban, ghost guns) that is being pushed through and the blind will follow the blind.
It's this way with any liberal cause. MOST libs are followers - they do not educate themselves on the issue, they listen to a few words from their 'leaders' and if (the issue) is getting major support from the majority of libs well, then they are 'on board' with it and it's 'fists in the air' and away they go.

I have a ultra liberal cousin who is an excellent example of this. He gets on the 'bandwagon' with nearly any liberal issue. He however seems to take it a step further in that IF the issue is NOT popular with conservatives/repubs then he is onboard with it whether he knows anything about it or not.
Some of the Legislation is so poorly written and I don't believe even the politicians who proposed realize the detrimental effects it can and will have on current gun owners and future gun owners.
I am sure they could care less.

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum !

It's this way with any liberal cause. MOST libs are followers - they do not educate themselves on the issue, they listen to a few words from their 'leaders' and if (the issue) is getting major support from the majority of libs well, then they are 'on board' with it and it's 'fists in the air' and away they go.

I have a ultra liberal cousin who is an excellent example of this. He gets on the 'bandwagon' about anything they are promoting. He however seems to take it a step further in that IF the issue is NOT popular with conservatives/repubs then he is onboard with it whether he knows anything about it or not.

The whole follower mentality is so dangerous. The "public safety" & "high capacity" phrases just suck people in. With those words people jump on board. THEY USE NO CRITICAL THINKING! I know I've been able to have great conversations with people who lean way left about my positions regarding the 2nd Amendment. 2 of them actually recently became gun owners themselves.

In regards to your second point: You are 100% about the politicians and them not caring. They push agendas that keep them in office and help them personally succeed in their career.

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum !

I have a ultra liberal cousin who is an excellent example of this. He gets on the 'bandwagon' with nearly any liberal issue. He however seems to take it a step further in that IF the issue is NOT popular with conservatives/repubs then he is onboard with it whether he knows anything about it or not.

That's right.

It's elitism. An "expert" decides and anyone who questions him is an ignorant hillbilly. Or wants people to die.

For some things we do need to experts. But now there are experts for everything. Personal freedom is an ever vanishing ever receding oasis.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top