JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
to all, thanks for your good wishes
it's something all of us will deal with sooner or later
and to us shooters, accuracy is one thing, but good vision is paramount!

what I have noted even on this first day is light transmission and color acuity
as part of my testing, I'll shoot in low light down in my forest with iron sight on the Marlin 336 and a Zeiss 3x9 40MM

my new eye is starting to focus - still dilated so bright light hurts
a patient at the clinic told me a trick - take the lens out of your glasses for the new eye, therefor your focus is balanced

tonight I took out 2 pistols for dryfire only - a glock and my 5"bbl 686
I found the target at 35 yrds is now in sharp focus, the front sight is sharp focus, the rear sight is slightly blurred, but I can focus with the Tritium 3 dot system
I can live with this for pistol shooting

still have to wait for the eye to fully adjust to try my rifles at 100 yrds

next eye is next Tue

na - this is box wine - I'm a struggling pensioner
each box is equal to 4 bottle
Welp, since you'll have "new eyes" maybe you can make ends meet with some intricate wood carvings sans blood-stains from cutting your fingers.

;)

OK, that was random and I don't really know where that came from…. I'm just typing and usually don't know how it ends until I'm done typing.

:rolleyes:

Welp, since you'll have "new eyes" maybe you can make ends meet with some intricate wood carvings sans blood-stains from cutting your fingers.

;)

OK, that was random and I don't really know where that came from…. I'm just typing and usually don't know how it ends until I'm done typing.

So you're pretty good ad-lib. Or is that ad-progressive? :)

;)

Resized_20190824_144630.jpeg

That looks like more than a knife. A buddy of mine drove a masonry bit through his hand once. It doesn't look as bad as that.
that was from a 9mm FMJ through my let hand 3 years ago on my remote property
luckily the muzzle blast cauterized the wound and nerves and it didn't hurt that bad
my son cared for the wound until paramedics arrived
and when someone says that "they are coming for my guns", even after a 911 call and paramedic response, county sheriffs NEVER showed up
not then, not next day, not next week
as long as there was no dead body, it was low on their priority list

that was from a 9mm FMJ through my let hand 3 years ago on my remote property
luckily the muzzle blast cauterized the wound and nerves and it didn't hurt that bad
my son cared for the wound until paramedics arrived
and when someone says that "they are coming for my guns", even after a 911 call and paramedic response, county sheriffs NEVER showed up
not then, not next day, not next week
as long as there was no dead body, it was low on their priority list
Wow, good news on the legal front. How much range of motion do you have now?

a LEO showed up in the hospital after i was under morphine
asked what hapened - Says I " I was shooting my Glock ------"
he nods his head and says "we hear that a lot!"
never even asked to see the firearm
the feedback from this forum figured out it was a hang fire from bad ammo
medical sent me to therapy that specialized in gunshot wounds
when I told them I was shooting my Glock, they nodded their head and said "we hear that a lot"
I kept the Glock and still shoot it, not the Glocks fault

I will watch this with great interest.

I think I've needed and wanted such a procedure for a long time. Kaiser (medicare) always says it's not bad enough.

I went to Costco a while back for an eye check and new glasses, as they are cheaper than just my co-pay alone is at Kaiser optical. He said I need the surgery.:confused:
Do not be afraid. After years of chemo and high dose steroids, I had "world class" cataracts, per the surgeon. Bad enough that one evening they caused me to ride my motorcycle straight on a curvy road. But, what's a broken collarbone, shoulder and 5 ribs into 12 pieces among friends? Anyway, the difference is remarkable, especially in your perception of color. I do get the spider web effect*, depending on the color of light at night, but that is a small price to pay to halt increasing blindness.

*This is not from cataract surgery, but a side effect of the engineered lenses which replaced my own.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top