JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never owned an AR based rifle before but that is about to change.

I had a bit of familiarity with the M16 back in the day but I am not going to rely on that experience as a base for understanding the care and feeding of an AR.

I considered buying parts and building my own, however, my abilities in that area are non-existent due to NO experience with the platform.

So, I bought a fully assembled unit and expect to see it next week.

More info later...

Just picked it up from the LGS on the way home...literally "just" within the last hour. I have several boxes to open tonight! More later, like pics and stuff, for you all to view.

Here it is...A Ruger SR-556 Takedown:

DSC_0065_zpsdgezqtf9.jpg

DSC_0066_zps6bday71r.jpg

DSC_0072_zpsol0xtoyf.jpg

Very nice! Good selection for your first AR!

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in the laser engraving and I can give you the details and hook you up. Looks like there is plenty of room on the side of the Magwell

Dismounting the barrel is damned easy. I was very pleased with that. Fit and finish is excellent, reminds me of the old Ruger company quality. The Magpul stock and grip are nice too.

I'll add a few things to it, such as an angled foregrip and a sling with some QD attachments. I might swap out the stock if I find the Magpul that's on it doesn't give me a good cheekweld and sight picture.

I loaded up three 30 rd mags with the Caldwell MagCharger I got from JHavon tonight and that also works a lot better than the old fashioned way, i.e., with yer fingers...ouch....

Tomorrow I'll mount the optic and take a few more pics.

That is just super awesome!!!! I want one. Hmmmm, I have a varmint AR, soon to have a shorty AR pistol completed, then I need a carbine to complete muster.

SA Shooter is now Ruger Shooter!!;)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads